Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone,

I have struggled like nobody’s business post-surgery, at times it was hard to find where that limit was when I basically just threw up from being so full. Yup, that happened A LOT. I would eat a couple of bites and my food would make a special appearance. This was with measuring/weighing my food. I think I have finally figured out (YES FINALLY) what my limit is. Don't get me wrong this is still a work in progress. A lot of it had to do with foods my body just cannot tolerate anymore (like pork).

I don't own a scale so I haven't weighed myself since my last Dr. appointment. I go to my appointment next month and I will find out my current weight is. So, today I finally decided I needed to go pick up a few pairs of pants and shirts. My clothes (18 pants and 2xl shirts) were so baggy they were dragging on the floor and baggy EVERYWHERE, not a cute look. So today I went to the mall. I walked into the store and immediately started feeling anxiety. I haven't tried on any new clothes since before my surgery; I wasn't sure how this was going to work out. I picked up a few outfits and handed them to the store clerk. Funny how when you have been large for so long you are used to picking up the sizes you are used to. SO, I picked up a few 16's (pre-surgery I was a tight 20 and 3xl shirts) and a few 2xl shirts. I tried them all on.....all of them were too big. I was swimming in them. The clerk came over to the room and asked if everything was ok. I said something I have NEVER said, "They are too big, do you have a smaller size?" She said "Sure, what size?" I said in a low unsure voice "How about a 14 pants and a XL shirt?" So she goes out and brings me back the smaller sizes. I try them on and they are TOO BIG!" WTH!?!?! A size 14 was too BIG. The XL shirts fit with plenty of room. To make a long story short I walked out of the store with a size 12 pants and a size L shirt. I would have NEVER thought I would be at this point in my life. I think the last time I wore a size 12 pants I was in 7th grade...I'm serious! I felt so great driving home. At 2.5 months post op I am at a size 12...a freakin size 12 :o !!!! On the flip side I need to do some serious butt toning exercises. I don't know where it went. I looked in the mirror and it disappeared! I hope I am not getting that horrible disease.....noassatall. I will be REALLY UPSET!

Reading that made me soooooo happy for your wonderful surprise that I teared up a bit! Keep up the great work. It is a process to figure out your new portion size.

I still, over two years out, will sometimes take more than I need. Not as much but still too much. I think it's because I feel hungry, so I envision alot of food to satisfy that. I do remember to eat SLOWLY so that once I am full, I don't (most of the time) go past that

Wow! Two years out? Congratulations! Thank you for sharing! Do you mind if I ask what size you started at and what size you are currently? It looks like you have done amazing! Are you happy with where you are currently? Thank you so much for your kind words. I can't remember the last time I was in this size to really enjoy and appreciate it. I will now! Good luck to you!!!

Wow! Two years out? Congratulations! Thank you for sharing! Do you mind if I ask what size you started at and what size you are currently? It looks like you have done amazing! Are you happy with where you are currently? Thank you so much for your kind words. I can't remember the last time I was in this size to really enjoy and appreciate it. I will now! Good luck to you!!!

I was 275-ish at my highest (stopped weighing after a point)

size 22/XXL, or bigger, stretchy pants mostly, some things even a 3X!

bra size was something like a 44 DDD or bigger.

Now....between 110 and 115 size 00-0!! shirts xs, bra 34c. Deflated wind socks, but with the right bra, they look terrific lol!

I am VERY happy!

Had a TT/Panniculectomy on 10/17/2013. Fully covered by insurance due to severe back problems, a wonderful referral from pain management and the stars and planets aligning, lol!

​Inspiring! I'm afraid if I lose too much I will look like a bobble head. :huh: You look amazing! I hear you about the deflating, If it were an option I would get a boob job. My girls are hanging low! Thank goodness for bras that perform magic tricks :).