Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

gallbladder removal after sleeve surgery?

Has anyone had to get their gallbladder removed after surgery? Im 3 weeks out and started getting bad pain on my right side and right under my ribs. My doctor thinks its my gallbladder and I have to do tests to find out. Who else has had this problem?

Has anyone had to get their gallbladder removed after surgery? Im 3 weeks out and started getting bad pain on my right side and right under my ribs. My doctor thinks its my gallbladder and I have to do tests to find out. Who else has had this problem?

I have my surgery Monday and my surgeon gave me a prescription to take for several months after surgery to prevent gall stones and problems

I did, after my band. Worst pain I have ever had, couldn't wait for them to take that sucker out. It is not uncommon to have gallbladder issues after some weight loss. Even after I had my gallbladder out I remember talking to my coworkers, telling them that I was in track to come back to work as scheduled, then that same afternoon I had an attack, apparently still had a gallstone and had to go back in. So, then sooner you can get this taken care of the better. Good luck to you!!!

Thank you. The weird thing is my surgeon gave me a perscriptions and I've been taking it as I should. I just hope it turns out to be something else..

Thank you. The weird thing is my surgeon gave me a perscriptions and I've been taking it as I should. I just hope it turns out to be something else..

Good luck. Hope it's not your gall bladder. Let us know what they find out please. Take care.

Hello on 06/14/14 had to have my gallbladder removed. I was nso much pain didn't realize that for two weeks I was already getting the gallbladder attacks. I'm post off surgery on 02/25/14. I didn't expect this to happen so fast. I'm still in pain and dealing some new scars on my stomach. Make it 8 cuts now!!! I'm glad to be alright. I can eat whatever I want but not a lot and I seem to be bloated and feel fuller. Which is a good thing. Otherwise everything else from my sleeve is working. I'm still losing weight and feeling better. I just started going back to the gym 3 times a week and now I'm delayed another 4-6 weeks. AHHHHH Good luck everyone. Never want to go through that pain again. I don't regret getting the sleeve, I'm wearing a size 6. Don't ever remember that size!!!!

I am almost 2 yrs post op from RNY and had my GB removed on 6/19. It was 3 times the normal size, full of infection, I was suppose to go home the same day but just like my RNY there was complications, so I stayed the night . I am home now and in a hell of a lot of pain. It's like I've had RNY all over again, I can't eat anything, the pain meds aren't helping and i am getting sharp pains that run across my chest every time I drink anything. I am hoping things get better soon. I am going to go to work today as I work at an urgent care and see a dr there and check if I may have a PE.. I do hope anyone else that has surgery doesn't have any of the complications. Have gone thru

I have started getting an occasional sharp pain on my right side. It doesn't last long but it hurts like he// ! I'm so scared its going to be my gallbladder . I haven't been nauseated so maybe it's something else!

I was sleeved 9/23/13. No post surgery problems and I have lost weight consistently. For quite a while, probably even before the sleeve, I have had horrible pain in the right side of my back-so painful that it takes my breath away. I attributed this to back issues because of my weight. Well, I have lost 130 pounds and the pain remains. I had an MRI that showed a lower lumbar bulging disc but also, possible gall stones or sludge so I am scheduled for an ultra sound. Has anyone heard that gallbladder issues can sometimes cause back pain? I hate the thought of another surgery but if the gallbladder is causing this pain, then I'll go for it ASAP! Thanks