Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am wondering if any of you drink the Powerade Zero drink. I really like it however, it seems like there is alot of sodium in it so am wondering if that could hamper weight loss. Thoughts?

My surgeon ok'd it, although I never drank it much. I like Sobe Zero and Vitamin Water Zero. Unless you are drinking boatloads I doubt the sodium is too bad.

I like the Sobe and Vitamin Water as well :-) Thanks for the imput!

I drink poweraid zero and g2 but I cut them with water... about 1/4 pa zero or g2 to 3/4 Water

Great idea! Thanks!

I thought these flavored waters had carbonation? Of which we're not suppose to consume after surgery. Gotta ask my surgeon and nut. Thanks for the info.

sodium will make you retain Water more then anything. and if you have BP issues prob not the best to drink. but being that sodium makes you retain fluids can be a god thing as once you have the surgery its hard to maintain good hydration. so it can have its benefits. that is what sports drinks are used for. similar to Pedialite (sp) for the kids try one of those popsicles, taste like a salt block! but its all about keeping you from dehydrating a few more days of pre op diet. thank god it was only 2 shakes and a healthy meal. the head aches on top of my Lumbar Pain make me cranky as all get out. but the headaches have gotten better. just hope once the weight comes off the spine of mine reacts positively I don't want another fusion! GL ALL! god bless

<p>sodium will make you retain Water more then anything. and if you have BP issues prob not the best to drink. but being that sodium makes you retain fluids can be a god thing as once you have the surgery its hard to maintain good hydration. so it can have its benefits. that is what sports drinks are used for. similar to Pedialite (sp) for the kids try one of those popsicles, taste like a salt block! but its all about keeping you from dehydrating a few more days of pre op diet. thank god it was only 2 shakes and a healthy meal. the head aches on top of my Lumbar Pain make me cranky as all get out. but the headaches have gotten better. just hope once the weight comes off the spine of mine reacts positively I don't want another fusion! GL ALL! god bless</p>

I am sooooo dreading the stinking pre-op diet. My plan is ALL liquid no light meal yikes my poor husband have to deal with his cranky wife and a cranky 22 year old daughter at the same time rotflmbo. I guess we could have been sleeved on a different day but nope we wanted to do it together. When's ur surgery? I love Vitamin water zero and Powerade zero so far it hasn't hindered my weight loss this far but I haven't been sleeved yet.

Power aid and the Vitamin waters I am talking about do not have carbonation.

I am hoping to get sleeved mid May. :-)

So, once your post op the added sodium will be a good thing. You wont be able to take much in so the sodium and stuff in the zero drinks will keep you hudrated and somewhat nourished.

I am 5 months post op and i still live on propel zero most days. Pre op i didnt drink any of them but post op i needed it. Most here do for the first 2 weeks just because your so swollen that much wont go down until that initial swelling eases up.

Its also tough to figure out what your sleeve will tolerate as well. Regular Water isnt tolerated very well by my sleeve yet..mayne once a week. So as long as your drinking the sugar free/calorie free/bubble free stuff youll be fine post op.

I chose propel zero because it has a bunch of added Vitamins without the sickening sweet stuff like the Vitamin zeros have.

I am sooooo dreading the stinking pre-op diet. My plan is ALL liquid no light meal yikes my poor husband have to deal with his cranky wife and a cranky 22 year old daughter at the same time rotflmbo. I guess we could have been sleeved on a different day but nope we wanted to do it together. When's ur surgery? I love Vitamin Water zero and Powerade zero so far it hasn't hindered my weight loss this far but I haven't been sleeved yet.

2 days. I leave tonight for Jackson, MS. some labs in the morning then off to surgery WED morning! I am so glad the doc gave me a diet that wasn't just liquid. I am getting in the same Cal as I would with just liquid but I feel simi human by eating something. but tonight is my last night with salad. then tomorrow ill try to due full liquid before the surgery just to make sure im cleaned out! unless at my apt tomorrow they tell me somthig different. then I might eat a light meal. but ill be eatin gout so that will be hard to do. I am bringin up bad supplies of Vit water/ G2 and my Protein so I should be ok!

might just have to make it a bit thicker to keep the hunger pains at bay! good luck with yours!

I am wondering if any of you drink the Powerade Zero drink. I really like it however, it seems like there is alot of sodium in it so am wondering if that could hamper weight loss. Thoughts?

It's not stopping my weight loss. I drink it daily.