Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When the truth is inconvenient . . .

L8---my tests continue to come back with the same sort of tumor make up---one they are not ready to consider cancerous yet. I did my battle with uterine cancer of the endometrial lining. Ironically it was missed until I hemmorhaged because my changing blood work, they kept trying to relate back to the tumors they knew existed! They were found quite by accident during a pre op work up for some simple arthroscopic surgery on my knee--the one in my fibula showed in Xray---it had at that time fractured the bone. So off I went for my first bone scan....and they found the one in the mastoid. It is noticable, but not covered with hair!!! When my hair was gone, it was visible....the one on the leg has never been large enough to show on the exterior.

Didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea that I am in battle as difficult as green is.....she needs our strength!!!

Kat

Grrlfriend, it sure sounds to me like you have been paying your dues with this awful disease. Bravo! to you for puking on the mean woman. This was a story which put a big smile on my face.

Well, you definitely wouldn't enjoy my most recent adventures in CancerLand for they have all involved lying very, very still for long periods of time and under claustrophobia inducing conditions. I did the bone scan stuff today. The other day I had my radiation mask made and this is a mask made out of plastic mesh which fits you so tightly you can't swallow your own spit. It is designed to immobilize your head, neck and upper torso while you are being nuked. I had long 2 sessions with the mask: one while they are making it and the second while I was wearing it under the CAT scan donut. It was terrifying!

For the bone scan they swaddled me like an infant and I found this to be curiously comforting. Didn't make up for the general unpleasantness of the scan, though.

The hearing test was also kinda claustrophobic - the put you in a small sound proofed room - and it came at the end of a long day and the effects of the liquid morphine had long since worn off. I didn't want to bring it with me because with my luck the cap would come off and I would be forced to suck on my purse for narcotics. Not a good thought!

I have been lucky so far with respect to the personnel; everyone with whom I have had dealings has been very pleasant. And my husband has been a real champ; he has been my chauffeur, companion, and chef.

kat, your story was priceless. And you are the only gal I know who uses the term "sh**s and giggles. That was one of my sister's faves. That and sh** Marie! Do you think that the mean ole' tech learned anything from having her shoes filled with your upchuck? I sure hope so. I hope they are keeping you as far away from her as possible when you go in. I give Loretta big kudos - too bad there aren't more people like her!

Sounds like green has been very fortunate with her medical peeps. Thank goodness. Everything is unpleasant enough without having to deal with arseholes!

I was sure glad to see that you had logged on today, green. Love you grrl. :unsure:

Green----my hat is off to you. I would have been sucking the entire bottle down----well a bottle of something~ I always end up in a nice little Verced (sp?) dream when I have my MRI's!! I think general anesthesia would have been warranted!!

For you to be able to do all those things is impressive to me! I bow down to you! And I too am glad that you have had kind people....by and large most I have run into through all of this have been.

Keep us posted on what is going on, and give Mr. Green a hug too----this is hard on them too, and I am so glad he is being the rock you need him to be.

Spouses----when you get a good one they are priceless.....which is so much nicer than the alternative of worthless (had that before too!!!!!LOL)

Power to you green!!!

Kat

It is true that my dream life has improved now that I am a MorphineGrrl. I find my sleeping life much more entertaining. And the stuff is so damn cheap when you have a prescription for it. Still miss having a smoke, though. *sob* I also really miss being well. And the trach is bothering my neck something fierce. blehhh.......

But I have been very lucky so far. The folks whom I have met have been great - no burn-out cases so far.

Reading your tales has meant a great deal to me, Kat. I feel less alone and I find your adventures in CancerLand to be very interesting. A big thanks to you from me.

Boy, this thread is some kind of hijacked, eh!

Green--so glad you checked in, and let us know what was going on. I have my bi-annual bone scan next month....will think of you as I also lie there. This might make you snicker....

I have 2 tumors. One in my right fibula (shin bone) and one in my right mastoid (a gland/honeycomb bone behind your ear). They are active, but not growing...so the consensus has been to monitor them, but leave them be. As you say with the bone scan of the head you must lie very still. I am claustrophobic with all that heavy equipment. Minimally twice a year, much more often in the beginning, as I have had these scans Loretta has done them....she understands I am uncomfy with the machine bearing down on me....so she talks me through it. Especially when I roll to the side, and it actually comes down and skims the head. She will count it down, so I know when it will touch me, she talks non stop and then lets me know it is going back up. So I go in about 2 years ago---and Loretta is not there. I got this rude woman, she was horrid! She questioned my Dr.'s about why they didn't get rid of the tumors, and she was rough when she gave the initial injection of isotopes----told me I was too early when I come back (I had a book!)...I tried telling her I was claustrophobic when it come at my head....she told me that I was being silly I should be used to it, from the look of my file. She was a total bitch to me. I told her again when she had me roll over....please let me know before it touches me.....it had always been the slightest skim before. So there I lie on that little skinny table---and I was at my heaviest then....with my feet taped together--to keep my ankles from relaxing, since one of my hot spots is in the leg bone. I was already hyperventilating....and she lowered that damn thing further than I had ever felt it before, I felt it pushing on my head, I went into a full blown panic attack! I have no idea how....but I slid my fat ass out from under that thing, and sat straight up, and puked all over her feet!!!! I ripped that tape holding my feet together, and was half way across the room when she blew up!

My former son in law's Dad is head of the radiology dept at this hospital, and he come out to see what the commotion was. HE got me calmed down, she never did calm down! He took me over to see how much of the test finished and what we needed to do, and said Loretta had detailed info in the computer as to my fears and how to do the test. Since then others have done them, and treated me nicely....but if ever I see her....I think I'll puke on her again just for sh*ts & giggles!!!

Hang in there.....I know it sounds like you have lots of Dr.'s to see---but think of all the additional knowledge each brings to the table...sounds like you will be in good hands.

I think of you often, but will without a doubt when I hit my next scan!

Kat

Thank you for this information, unreal how some people can be such a$$holes.... that witch! I'm glad you stood up for yourself, reading this e-mail made me mad just thinking how some people behave so inhumane..

I agree with what you said previously as well, it's extremely nice to see how all differences are put aside for Green! that is a very good thing.

Elena

It is true that my dream life has improved now that I am a MorphineGrrl. I find my sleeping life much more entertaining. And the stuff is so damn cheap when you have a prescription for it. Still miss having a smoke, though. *sob* I also really miss being well. And the trach is bothering my neck something fierce. blehhh.......

But I have been very lucky so far. The folks whom I have met have been great - no burn-out cases so far.

Reading your tales has meant a great deal to me, Kat. I feel less alone and I find your adventures in CancerLand to be very interesting. A big thanks to you from me.

Green, thank you for the update, I've been thinking about you, I'm glad that you are happy with the doctors and that in that part things are going well, that's a relief...hanging in there, you will beat this! and keep us updated.

Elena

Green, I somehow missed yuor unfortunate news until just now. I"ve yet not yet had a cancer diagnosis, though I certainlyw ouldn't be surprised by one... but I've been through my mom telling me her diagnosis is cancer 5 times now. There's nothing really to say that helps, and even it there were I wouldn't know what it is, but let me know if you need anything.

I don't know of a much more inconvenient truth than cancer----they can deal with the change of direction---here we all know where to check for your updates, without attracting undo attention elsewhere......

I really feel like I should have had my hands on my hips and ended that with a haughty "so there!"

Kat

Not to re-hijack this thread (it can be a combo "Global Warming" and updates on green thread), I just read some interesting articles: UN forecasters say global temperatures to decrease in 2008 - Science, World needs more CO2, environment confab told, and Environmental expert chides media for reports on Antarctic ice breakage (OneNewsNow.com)

Not to re-hijack this thread (it can be a combo "Global Warming" and updates on green thread), I just read some interesting articles: UN forecasters say global temperatures to decrease in 2008 - Science, World needs more CO2, environment confab told, and Environmental expert chides media for reports on Antarctic ice breakage (OneNewsNow.com)

1st article doesn't prove anything, either side of the argument.

2nd article. I didn't even read. I won't read an article that has a advertisement for a t-shirt that says "I'd Rather be Waterboarding".

3rd article starts:

Although an ice chunk seven times larger than Manhattan has collapsed in the Antarctic, one environmental expert is saying there's nothing to be alarmed about.

Ya, ONE guy says hold on!

If you put the same thinking about this topic as you do abortions, then maybe you would see globle warming as a potential threat we maybe able to control.

Edited by snuffy65

1st article doesn't prove anything, either side of the argument.

I never said the articles proved anything. I simply said they were interesting.

I never said the articles proved anything. I simply said they were interesting.

Sure, I guess there wasn't a reoccurring theme to them.

Sure, I guess there wasn't a reoccurring theme to them.

Of COURSE there was a recurring theme to them. I haven't hidden the fact from the get-go I don't buy that ) global warming is in fact happening, and 2) if it is, that it is driven by human consumption. Ergo the articles that I find interesting and provide for the edification of the others here are ones that question the current popular thinking about the subject. I never said the articles proved anything. They provide a perspective and information that are just another piece to the puzzle.

Wouldn't it be a sneaky coup if the guy who owned the first non-environmentally-friendly house in the example also made a big hoop-la about being "green" and then invested in a bunch of companies that produced the products or provided the services he advocated? What a windfall that would be for such a snea . . . um . . . environmentally friendly guy . . .

After being the Original Poster to this nice right wing talking point and then this comment above. Following the article posts I can guarantee your not serious at all about your last reply.

Don't let Bush fool you. He will be out of the crap hole the first chance he gets. Try getting both sides of the story before you copy/paste right wing propaganda.

I suppose your one of those people who went around posting the "Gore said he invented the Internet" story years ago, before actually taking the time to see what he actually said.