Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

They didn't want to weigh me in the hospital on surgery day. I asked why, and the nurse said they just changed the policy. I begged her to weigh me because I just had to know how much I had lost on the 5-day clear liquid pre-op. She let me weigh. I was ecstatic to see I'd lost 13 pounds in 5 days. So... fast forward to post-op. Can I wait until my post-op appointment to see my newest loss? Of course not. I go out, buy a new scale, and weigh myself yesterday. I'm UP two pounds! Whaaat? Apparently the difference between Clear liquids pre-op and full liquid post-op plus the surgical experience was enough for a gain. Even with exercising every day on the treadmill. Not gonna lie, it brought me down. But then I did what someone here suggested, which was go on MyFitnessPal.com. I logged all my intake and my exercise from yesterday, and it became clear that even though I thought I was starving myself, I've been consuming about 1300 calories on the full liquid diet. Sure, it's lower than my old habits, but way higher than the 600-900 I was getting daily on the clear liquid pre-op diet. I've decided to cut some calories with better Soup choices and try to keep the full liquid diet to around 1000 calories a day. I've got one week down and five to go on Clear Liquids. This tool is pretty cool. Check it out if you haven't. And I think I'll wait until Monday for my surgeon to weigh me next. "When all else fails, follow directions."

I liberated myself from the scale by only weighing once a month at my doctor's office. I have lost between 3-10 pounds each month for 7 months now. I had become obsessed with my scale and I gave it way too much power over me. This has been very freeing for ME. Not suggesting it for you, just sharing MY experience. I will however, rethink the scale when I get near maintenance. My tentative plan is to weigh weekly and paint in RED my "DO NOT EXCEED THIS WEIGHT" number.

BTW, that logging of every mouthful is eyeopening. I've been logging for 200+ days. Keeps me very accountable, and awoke me to the fact that I was consuming way more calories than I thought. You can friend me on MtFitnessPal if you'd like: tammiepuyau

Also important to note that MOST people GAIN weight immediately after surgery. It will go away.

Meant to say I have five weeks left of full liquids, not clear liquids.

I understand about scale obsession. Before I went to the mid I weighed myself completely naked. So my number was different that what she had. I realize the weight will fluctuate as the diet changes. I just have to stay diligent and track everything.

My weight fluctuates still, depending on when I drank Water, ate, or whatever. I am completely obsessed with my scale and that's my fault. I am trying not to be, but I still am.

Just give it some time, it will start coming off. Just do as you are suppose to and remember your Protein and you should lose weight. Wls is not magic - I wish it were (lol).

You are going to be great! Just be patient (and yes, I am talking to myself too).

BTW, that logging of every mouthful is eyeopening. I've been logging for 200+ days. Keeps me very accountable, and awoke me to the fact that I was consuming way more calories than I thought. You can friend me on MtFitnessPal if you'd like: tammiepuyau

On MyFitnessPal, I'm SpazW. Someone else had JustWatchMe.

Hi there, congratulations on your surgery! I definitely gained at the time of surgery and then it dropped off again at day five or so -- all that inflammation. Please don't pay attention to the number. This is your time to heal up from the surgery and then to get used to banded life! I know how it is, though, but really, really, don't worry about any gain right now. Best wishes!