Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was wondering what peoples daily diets are like I often see people list what they eat and a lot of it is the same like um Breakfast is some kind of Protein bar/shake then snack is turkey and cheese lunch is more turkey and cheese and maybe some salad then snack more turkey and cheese then dinner is something else.
And that’s daily.
Doesn’t that get boring?
Are people sticking to the same thing or almost the same thing day in day out week after week?
For me the only things I have every day are my Protein shakes and my cheerios for Breakfast that’s it.
I will make food for dinner and its also the next nights dinner too or it will be lunch and something else is for dinner and I have the same meals a lot throughout the month but not all day every day.
That’s because I bulk cook dishes section it off and freeze for ease.
My daily diet is like this:
Before breakfast I have to warm up my sleeve with a cup or tea or its not happy about food being put into it so then about 30mins later cheerios.
About an hour later I will start to drink a Protein shake I don’t chug it down so it can take a couple of hours.
I don’t always eat lunch but when I do remember it will be some left over dinner from the night before or some fruit and cheese.
After that later on another shake which takes time again.
Then dinner which could be a number of things chicken and veg curry, stir fry, ratatouille, chicken and veg casserole, chicken fajita etc
Then another shake later on.
Sometimes more fruit or a chocolate mousse or a handful of m&m’s or some chips if I fancy them.
As you can see shakes and cheerios are my only consistent diet staple I don’t plan for a whole week.
Just interested on if this is a tool people use to keep there self in check or they just don’t enjoy food or stick to what they know etc

I have to admit, I do eat most of the same things. Just because it's easier to be able to plan it out so I don't need Snacks.

Breakfast is a Quest bar

I'll sip on Decaf with a tablespoon of powder milk in it

lunch is something I have cooked..my latest is either a Protein pancake or some baked extra lean turkey with fat free refrained Beans and salsa.

dinner varies. I've been sick the last few weeks so because of that I have zero appetite and I can't eat much so lately dinner has been another Quest bar or I will use a high Fiber low carb small tortilla cut in half and fill it with some Protein based item, or have a Greek yogurt with added Protein Powder.

If I need Snacks due to my hypoglycemia, I will have light string cheese with half an ounce of nuts. That always stays the same.

I'm a creature of habit and these are what work for me.

I start with a Protein shake.

2cups tea

lunch varies:

Egg or

Hummus

Or

Leftover dinner meat

Cold cut roast beef

Etc

2 cups tea

Greek yogurt

2 cups tea

2bottles Water

Dinner:

meat or meat or meat

I would not be able to drink 3 shakes per day in addition to the food, too many extra cals! I keep reading on here about people eating 500-600 (NEVER more than 800) calories per day! I can't seem to get mine that low! I cut out nuts and cheese to lower it it, but still nowhere near 500-600 cals!

I tend to stick with the same thing for a while then get bored. ..

Breakfast is either an egg with salsa, Greek yogurt, or a Protein Shake

lunch is usually deli meat with a slice of cheese, a single serving packet of tuna, or some rotisserie chicken. .. etc

Snacks are string cheese or Protein Bar

dinner is meat, chilli, Beans and cheese, eggs, Soup, tacos. .. whatever as long as it's high in Protein. I have variety but I tend to eat the same thing for a week or two before changing it up.

Every week is the same for me to. It just makes sense right now. Easier to track what I am eating and also I just have to cook one "family size" meal and divided it into 7.

Breakfast-coffee

Lunch-Protein shake

Dinner-eggs and cheese with some type of veggi of the week (like roast onion pepper confit, caulflower korean rice, caulflower basil thai rice etc.)

Snack- for a while there i was snacking on cheese I just was able to give this up 5 days ago by dividing my dinner into two meals. Early dinner then late dinner.

I don’t calorie count never have so honestly I have no clue what I the count is for what I eat in a day.

I’m betting its not under 600 at all and I personally wouldn’t want it to be that low.

my shakes are the diet options so roughly about 180cals per shake with 50g of Protein per shake drank over the time I do most if not all is absorbed and isn’t just excess protein over the 35g going to waste.

I can not get all mine in with food I will still almost 2 years out NEVER pushing it or overeating still puke a couple of times a week.

I puked when I made this thread I ate 2 small plums then 5mins later ate a small pear the pear come back up lol my sleeve is a tricky little cow I can have the same exact thing the next day same portion size and it will go NO! And either come back up or mid chewing a mouthful get that STOP!! Feeling and spit it out.

Keeps me on my toes lol

Heck some times the shakes come up if I have drunk too much in one go.

Let me tell you ice cold shake is the oddest feeling coming back up as it chills all the way back up and out lol

I don’t calorie count never have so honestly I have no clue what I the count is for what I eat in a day. I’m betting its not under 600 at all and I personally wouldn’t want it to be that low. my shakes are the diet options so roughly about 180cals per shake with 50g of Protein per shake drank over the time I do most if not all is absorbed and isn’t just excess protein over the 35g going to waste. I can not get all mine in with food I will still almost 2 years out NEVER pushing it or overeating still puke a couple of times a week. I puked when I made this thread I ate 2 small plums then 5mins later ate a small pear the pear come back up lol my sleeve is a tricky little cow I can have the same exact thing the next day same portion size and it will go NO! And either come back up or mid chewing a mouthful get that STOP!! Feeling and spit it out. Keeps me on my toes lol Heck some times the shakes come up if I have drunk too much in one go. Let me tell you ice cold shake is the oddest feeling coming back up as it chills all the way back up and out lol

So, you are getting minimum 150 g of protein per day? What kind of shake is that? I need to get it ASAP!

i get 2kg tubes of PhD diet whey in chocolate orange flavour its a uk one not sure if you can get it in the states.

this is the link where i buy mine as its neverrrr full price which is £67.99 i buy 4 or 5 at a time and that always takes me under £35 a tube plus they e-mail me a further 5% discount code every time and i get the free shakers with them all the time lol

its why i have just given away 10 unused new shakers and still have 28 of them LOL

http://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk/en/phd-nutrition-diet-whey-2kg/24628

Breakfast. Usually Protein shake. Sometimes a Greek yogurt with flax 9 grain Cereal.

lunch. Quest bar (after workout ) or cottage cheese with fruit.

dinner. I make batches of different Soups. Like chili. Beef stew. chicken taco Soup and make small individual servings that I have in the freezer. I take one to work for supper.

Snacks. Pistachios. SF Popsicles. String cheese. Jerky.