Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Talk about bad timing. My surg is sched for April 30 and my dream job that I've always wanted called me to offer me the job! Aaaaaahhh I have such mixed feelings. My health comes first and after a lot of thought and discussing it with husband and family, I decided to tell them that I would be having surg end of April...(start date is march 31) and recruiter told me it shouldn't be a prob but needs to ask HR and hiring mngr. She said she would let me know tomorrow, finger crossed and prayers up! I hope it works out in my benefit.

You are kind of in the same predicament as me.. I scheduled my surgery in Mexico on March 29th and I'm scheduled to start my brand new job in another state on April 7th.. I'm going to go ahead with the surgery anyway and hopefully a week will be enough to recover! Good luck with your new job! From what I read it should be fine to start a new job after surgery!

You are kind of in the same predicament as me.. I scheduled my surgery in Mexico on March 29th and I'm scheduled to start my brand new job in another state on April 7th.. I'm going to go ahead with the surgery anyway and hopefully a week will be enough to recover! Good luck with your new job! From what I read it should be fine to start a new job after surgery!

My thing is I would start new job March 31 and my surg is April 30 so hoping taking 2 weeks off work will be ok with them. Good Luck with ur WLS and new job!

Surgery & New JOB offer

Butterfly2014

glad you did the smart thing and told your new office you were scheduled for surgery one month after you start the new job :)

sounds good that you have a sign from the recruiter that hopefully/probably all will go fine with time off :)

they "shouldn't" ask you what kindof surgery you are having, butttttttttttt

if you feel the need to simply say "personal" issues, something like that, should satisfy them about a question they really don't have a right to ask

good luck with the job :)

fingers and toes are crossed :)

boy do i look funny :D :D

dream job, followed by a dream WLS - what more could one ask for?? ;)

best luck with surgery

speedy recovery :)

kathy

Surgery & New JOB offer

Edited by proudgrammy

This similar thing happened to me. I was laid off in early Feb, which gave me much more time to actually get much butt in gear and lose the final 10 (plus an extra 9) lbs to be eligible for the surgery. The day I found out, I had an interview for an amazing company with a good friend and I was pretty much sure I had the job but I felt obligated to tell her that the surgery would be within 3 weeks and the recovery time would be at least a week or two. She told me to absolutely focus on the surgery, duh..but it sucks because we are broke. But I'm close..and then I can get a job.

Yea I just told recruiter it was medically necessary and she didn't ask anymore questions. HIPA laws protect me. So I've got my toes and fingers crossed! Will keep u guys posted.

Update

Recruiter called me today and said they can't give me 2 weeks off for surgery but the good news is they can postpone my start date to after my surgery recovery! I am so happy this worked out...so NEW ME & NEW JOB!