Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scale vs. clothes vs. how you feel

I am 4 weeks post op (2/17/14). Today is my own personal weigh in day. I lost a pound in a week. One lousy, measly pound. But I feel great. My body is changing daily. My clothes don't fit and I look like a slob. But the weight is not coming off as quickly as I thought it would. Am I getting in enough Protein? Yes. Most days I hit 60 grams with no problem. There was only 1 day that I didn't do that. My caloric intake most days is between 700 and 900. Am I exercising? 3 days a week. Am I getting enough Water in? No, I am definitely not. i am having a hard time on that, and I have been really focusing on getting that in, and that it's just Water. Anyone else having a similar issue? Any suggestions on how to make that damn scale move?!?

It's 1 mo today for me and I"m in a small stall. I have eaten a little bread/mashed pots and a donut. They are slider foods for me so I know not to eat them. Our bodies can't keep loosing weight at a fast pace. Relax and keep doing what the Dr said to do. In a yr you'll be down to a healthy weight and this stall will be a memory. Take one day at a time and enjoy. The scale will move or don't weigh yourself but 1x a wk. Good luck on your journey.

I had my surgery feb 10 this year. I JUST came out of a 3 week stall! The scale did not move for 3 whole weeks. Then yesterday I had lost a lb and then today I had lost another lb. I didn't do anything diff. I was freaking out! My nutritionist said our bodies have defense mechanisms that cause us to hold onto stuff cuz it thinks its starving. I just started to work out do I'm hoping that will move my scale more. I've now lost 32 lbs since the start of my pre op diet. I started at 278 and now I'm 246. My goal weight is between 150 and 165. So I now have less than 100 lbs to lose!

I've been stalled. The scale isn't budging but my clothes are getting looser every day. I refuse to check the scale for a couple of days because I was so discouraged.

Good luck!

This early period is so exciting and discouraging all at the same time. You are probably doing everything just right and your body will catch up. For me it seemed like the first month and a half to two months I was a slow loser then BAM I lost a lot for another month and a half to two months then almost nothing for a month but I still went down a pants size then another 15 lbs the next month now slow again. Just when I think I've got a handle on it things change. Remember, it's a journey.

3 months out & nervous! I lost 5 pounds first monthb1/2 & nothing for a month 1/2. I have a follow-up with surgeon, whom I haven't seen in 2 months and I am embarrassed about the stall. I have been following the program, no cheating and feel good, but is the doctor going to think I'm failing? The inches are coming off, but a month & 1/2 stall seems longer than most. Does his surgery just suddenly stop working so soon.

3 months out & nervous! I lost 5 pounds first monthb1/2 & nothing for a month 1/2. I have a follow-up with surgeon, whom I haven't seen in 2 months and I am embarrassed about the stall. I have been following the program, no cheating and feel good, but is the doctor going to think I'm failing? The inches are coming off, but a month & 1/2 stall seems longer than most. Does his surgery just suddenly stop working so soon.

That's been my fear! I'm terrified that my body is done. It sux!

I was sleeved on Feb. 10th of this year too. The first couple of weeks the weight was falling off and then I had a stall. This past week I lost 2 pounds so I think I'm losing again. I am sticking to the diet but I am still having problems getting all of my Water in. I walk on the treadmill for 15 minutes in the morning, ride the stationary bike for 10 minutes and then do the same again in the afternoon. I can tell things are tightening up a little bit so maybe I'm building a little muscle and it weighs more than the fat??? I hope that is it. I go to the doctor this Thursday for my 6 week check up and I'm afraid the doctor is going to say "that's all you've lost?" I stick to my diet plan and only drink water. I read about the starches that others are eating at this stage and I only eat fish, meat and veggies. No bread or other carbs. My appetite is still here, everything still tastes delicious to me but my sleeve only lets me eat a little bit. I am determined to be successful in this journey but I can't control the speed at which I lose. I guess I'm more like the turtle than the hare. Slow and steady wins the race.