Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Happy Satarday to all!!!! On my way to go for a 3 mile trail walk w/ my kids. Lets see if they make it!!! LOL!!! Got up full of energry....made a killer Mexican Breakfast (wont tell what I made)but I only had like 4 bites but I have had 30 oz of water!!!Cleaned the kitchen spotless,cleaned all my down stairs....all the hard wood floors and my bedroom.....leaving upstairs for Sunday. I Washed and folded 2 loads of laundry!!! I am telling you guys a little excersize everday makes me the energizer bunny!!! Make sure you drink all your Water and healthy choices and get out and walk the mall or something!!

Sandra

255h/242s/178c/165g???

Good morning!

Guess what guys and gals?!?!

I FINALLY MADE IT TO THE GYM!!!

This morning I got up early and went to the gym... did 25 min. on the elliptical then came home and walked the dog... on my way to getting back on track!

Melissa- WAY TO GO!! Getting "back into" it is the hardest part. I am going through the same thing after taking a few weeks off with all the holidays.

I wish it would stay warm out because I would love to get back to doing something outside once a week.

So I decided to clean my closet...it was a mess. I have this suite case full of clothes that I cant wear yet...to small. So I figured I would try some on to see what I could hang up in my closet and actually wear. Its all size 14's and some 16's. I remember at 190 lbs I could wear all that clothes so at 178 there should be no problem right??? NOT!!! Some fit but look awfull.....and some fit in the hips and legs but dont come close to fitting around the tummy. Even my ass looks different in the pants. I am little depressed right now...its like I am loosing weight but in the wrong places??? Does that make any sense??? I am sooooo deformed!!! YUK!!

Sandra

255h/242s/178c/165g??

Hi Everyone, Happy New Year. Sounds like everyone is doing great. I've started exercising again, which will hopefully increase more this week. The Water, well, what can I say? I keep trying!!

Sandra, don't be too discouraged. I know exactly what you mean. Things just don't fit like I remember them fitting at a higher weight than what I am now. I'm wearing a size 10 pants now, at least the stretchy, skinny jeans. But I'm still wearing a Large top, go figure. I would so like to have the tag say Size M in a top. Talk about superficial!!

I'm also not liking the "extra" skin. At the moment it is bearable. I'm still deluding myself into believing that exercise will tone everything up. Can't blame a girl for wishing!!

Keep up the great work everyone. It is so nice to have you all to chat with.

Cindy

It sure doesn't come off the way it went on...does it!?!

Between the saggy skin and the thikening tummy my body is a different shape. I have to remind myself that stretching my body out like I did is going to have an effect on my skin and toning, afterall, I'm not in my 20's and things just don't bounch back like they did in decades gone by. It's also good to have some perspective on the fact that I am in my 40's and even if I hadn't gained/lost all this weight my body would have "matured"...Oh to be 20-something again!!!

Sue

Sue11 - I can't even imagine what it will be like when I am no -longer over wght on the chart! I am afraid to even allow myself the hope that it will ever happen. I am not really sure I will ever get below where I am now. I have always been able to diet down to the 180's, but to get under this without diet pills will be so amazing. Not convinced yet that I can do it. I am afraid I pigged out on ding dongs and icecream this weekend. I did not eat near as much of the junk as I once would have..(I have lots left in the box of ding dong and about half the half gallon of icecream left) but, I don't know if it is because Aunt Flo is visiting this month (git it)..or if I just lost it because of old emotional eating issues....I pray I can get back on track.

STLMOM - Welcome, we are so happy to have you. How are you doing in your wght loss journey? Any tips you can share on how to stay on track?

Weazer

So I went to the gym and worked off 450 calories, drank 40 oz. of Water, did two loads of laundry. That was by 12:30pm. Then I got a headache..............It has been downhill since then. Why is it that cheetos go down so easy but I can't even eat a small lean cuisine? I think flo os headed to my house......................Trying to be good! Not working...........

Twinmommy,

Hope your feeling better today! Minus the headache..you did really good yesterday!

I am back on track today..I had a bananna for breakfast today..funny it is a bit hard to eat..but it sure tastes good!

Weazer

:whoo:I read a lot of the posts on May banders but don't write a lot. I enjoy all of your interaction. I joined a gym on Monday. I am all pumped up to lost the 45+ lbs I have left. I have not worked out in the Gym before so I am hoping this will speed up my weight loss. Any idea how much more weight people lose when working out (really working out)? I was walking all the time but my heart rate never seemed to get up high enough. SO here it goes. Any idea how you do? I have not walked since it snowed here.. so for 2 monthes. Any input would be great. I also met with a trainer and next week they are going to do a body acessment. I am really pumped about that.

If you're aiming for weight loss, you'll want to do lots of cardio.

If you weight train, you may notice the numbers on the scale going up for a while. Don't sweat that too much.

Kill the carbs, eat Protein. good luck

Hope all is doing good!!! I am still pumped and motivated!!! Excersize is going good...drinking my H2o....and eating right!!! scale not moving but I am sure it will....it better!!! Still standing strong at 178