Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Hello Everyone,

Just returned from vacations. Trying to get caught up on all of the post. I missed reading the comments from you guys everyday, and it looks like everyone is doing well. I just love my band!! On vacation, ate out what ever I wanted, (a small amount mind you) had a great time, did not feel deprived once. Came home and stood on the scales....... I lost a pound. That would of never happend in my pre-band days. I would have gained at least 10 pounds. I was more active on this trip, because I felt better than ever, and lighter too. Well better get back to work, alot to catch up on, you sure do pay for being off.......but sure love vacation. Take care all.

Cindy-

That is exactly what I was thinking. We ARE all doing GREAT..and need to stop being so harsh on ourselves. We are working hard and have completely turned our lives around.

Over last weekend I could have made better choices... and like Sandra I had fries AND mozzarella sticks...but rather than having a whole serving I had 2 mozzarella sticks and maybe 2 fries (steak fries).... preband... there would have been NO fries or mozzarella sticks left!!!

I read this earlier and almost peed myself laughing... I just HAD to share...

"Dear Lord, I pray for Wisdom to understand my man; Love to forgive him; and Patience for his moods, Because, Lord, if I pray for Strength, I'll beat him to death. AMEN "

Sandra,

Wow! You set off a blitz of fantastic emails! So much encouragement and good advice. I think we are all on the right track. We are all going to succeed at this. I agree that we should be able to have a snack every now and then, just like a "normal person". The good thing is that now like so many of you said..if we have one too many we are able to get back on track. We just had our bands in may...not enough time to be at our goals yet...next May will come up fast and I bet some of us will be at goal...and many of us will be close to it. I am beginning to think of the scale as the enemy. It has the power to send me into a blue funk..and into that bag of oreo Cookies if it wants. It is slowing down the time for me...I decided I am not going to weight again until these cloths are baggy. (I am wearing some of the smaller cloths at the back of the closet now). I can't wait to get into the smallest sizes at the very very back of the closet!

Blessings, Weazer

Melissa

Exactly. Before I would have eaten the whole "whatever", whereas now I'm satisfied with just a few of something. Oh, and I love that saying, it is perfect.

Oh, NSV, I went out and bought a pair of size 16 jeans, (I was a very tight 20 before, I probably should have been a 22 but I refused to buy them). The Size 16 jeans fit great, and I also bought a pair of Size 14 to look forward to. I just hate to spend a lot of money, knowing that soon (hopefully), I'll be moving into yet another smaller size. It was at the point though that I had to, I looked like a clown! I'm not complaining at all, mind you! I love it, keep it coming. The band is my new best friend!

Cindy

Cindy..

Awesome for you on that NSV!!!

I tried on some clothing also... at Target..and I couldn't get ANYTHING to fit right.. so I just gave up! I was so disapointed. But like my fiance said.. I've been doing great and losing alot and I'm still losing...

Ya'll (I am a Texas girl) are all awsome!!!! After reading all the posts...I tried to analize why I ate sooooo bad this weekend. I sat down and had almost half of a coccanut cream pie...or maybe 1/4 of it......my kids and husband where like are you gonna eat that????? I was like its not that big of a piece.....but it was and I finished it off with a struggle!!! LOL!! Well like I said after reading your posts....I figured out that it was STRESS!!! We had been house shopping all weekend....and trying to make a descion that is going to affect us in a HUGE way. My husband does not make descions....he leaves the BIG stuff up to me.

Sandra

255h/242s/197c/165g

Hey, I just came on to post a NSV and I saw someone had beat me too it! Way to go Cindy! I went and had lunch today..they had some baked talapia (fish) I thought would be a good thing for me to eat. Well, ate about half of it, but I was going real slow cause I could feel it kinda sticking. Sure enough I had to get up and run to the bathroom, praying the whole way i would make it ontime. PB'd that so went back and had a couple of slices off pickled beets that came off the salad bar..nice and soft so I thought they would work... again, I had to excuse myself and run to the bathroom (sliming and trying not to look like it). So I went back to the table and grabbed a to go box and told the girls at the table who were all looking at me like...do I need to worry about you? I just told them I was having some gastro problems. Anyway...I have some yogurt and a bananna in my office, I will try that later. wow, this third fill is really different...I have to get used to it. I am hoping it settles in a bit better than this. If not..I am going to lose weight fast.

My NSV is that when I was walking back to my office...I got chased down by a skinny coworker who I havn't talked to in several months she said, (no hello how are ya) I need you to write down everything your eating because I want to loose weight too! Can you believe it...someone noticed! Yeah! Yippie....she made my day.

Blessings

NEW NSV!!!

My son walked into my bedroom but only to the door on Satarday morning around 8 a.m. I was still in the bed. He called my name and I was like "YES". He said "Momma your so skinny I didnt see a pile of you in the bed....I only saw a pile of Dad." LOL....my husbnad said geeee thanks so now I am just a pile.LOL

Sandra

255h/242s/197c/165g

NOTICE! We are starting to NSV all over the place! Isn't that going to be lifting our spirits up all over the place!

Well, It wont be a NSV for me until they actually fit but it made me feel good anyway. A really thin girl at work had a baby about a year ago and said she had some clothes she wore after the baby that she had bought at GAP or somewhere, she asked what size I was in now and I told her 18's and some 16's.

She brought me these clothes which are 12's and 14's!! I am not even able to squeeze into them I am sure but it made me feel so good that someone else thinks I will be able to soon. My scale still hasnt moved in a while and my trainer is kicking my rear at the gym so I know with the muscle weight will start coming off too. Way to go on all the NSV's!

You just hang in there ragdoll. It won't be long before you fit in to those 14's. How tall are you? I am into 16's till I get to about 185 lbs. I am 5"6.

Actually with all the weight training...you are really going to look good. Keep it up! I am going to a bodypump class next weekend for the first time...I heard it is really good.

Boy, I'm talkative today!

Blessings, Weazer