Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

They want us to stay away from liquid calories at all cost. They only allow it for 24hrs. after a fill (I'm not saying that it is what I always do). The thought is that chicken is bulkier and stays in the pouch longer, therefore keeping you full longer. I think! She said even if it is only four bites of chicken that you can eat in a meal. She also nixed my yogurt/bear naked granola Breakfast combo. She told me eggs or cottage cheese. Great! I will still have to sneak some in every now and then.

I understand about feeling fuller longer.....but without my Protein Shakes it would be impossilbe to get all my Protein in. My shakes are 200 calories and 22 grams of protein....so I have one the morning because I am tight in the morning for real food. lunch is some kind of meat or beans...everything protein....and dinner protein or a shake. I am only getting about 50- 60 grams of protein in and I am already seeing some Hair loss.< /p>

Sandra

255h/242s/199c/199g

I have hairloss. She told me to take Biotin for that and to go get my thyroid checked. She said that 50-60lbs. over three months shouldn't make my hair fall as bad as it is. She also said that the hair you lose from weightloss grows back. I know the Protein thing sounds strange, she just said they have found that it works best. With my last fill I am pretty restricted. For lunch I had four bites of chicken salad and two triscuits. Nice!

Oooch, I think this third fill is going to kick my rear.

I'm now at 6.5 cc in a VG band. I'm having some real issues with this level. No vomiting yet, but I was really close at lunch today. Thus far in the journey this has been relatively easy (no PB, no slime, no problems).

Hopefully this will relax in a day or two, I had the fill yesterday morning and the stomach might be a bit inflamed.

Hey to all! You are all doing so well! I had my 5th fill this week and I finally know what it means to be tight! I am still hovering at 200-201 so not quite to onederland close! My goal was to get there by 9/4, so I should make that. I feel certain my stomach is irritated since I Pb'd and threw up last night. I did Soup today and then some ground beef for dinner. It is so hard to stop eating! I am not hungry and I know I am getting full fast, my eyes and brain are just not getting it!

Anyway, I think I want to go on a cruise when I hit 100 lbs gone!

I want to go to the carribean where I can wear a swimsuit and feel normal. Of course I would tan first and buy a new wardrobe so I would look fabulous!

I'm losing hair too. What is Biotin?

I have met one person and heard of another one who were banded and haven't lost a pound. That is really hard for me to imagine. You got to eat a lot of wrong things not to lose any weight on the band!

Manatee...

Does your Doc have you do liquids, then mushies for a couple days after a fill? Gives the tummy a chance to calm down. I hate those liquid days, brings back flashbacks of pre/post Op diet.

and...Congrats on passing the half-way mark!!! :)

Twinmommy...

I understand the pouch filling thing, I'm having trouble staying satisfied. I have started taking my leftover meats and chop it up to put in the frigde, then I can munch on it easily when I get hungry. It would be really hard to eat enough solid protien to keep from side effects like hairloss. My protien is about 130 cals for 25ish grams protien.

Wen- I believe you buy Biotin at the Vitamin store. Tell me the brand and name of your tea again. I need a little help in that area.

I was down three more pounds today! I will start soon and that will all be over. It always stops my weightloss for a few weeks. I can see my port when I just stand in front of the mirror (a little bulg under the skin). I asked the doctor about it and she said it would be more visible the more I lose. She said sometimes they move them, but not often. Not really complaining, because it still looks better than all the fat you could see all over me before. I will never have a two piece swimsuit body anyway. Too many stretch marks!

Twinmommy - Smooth Move by Traditional Medicinals, its a herbal Stimulant Laxative and caffeine free. I found it in the organic section next to Throat Coat tea.

What is it that Biotin do exactly?

Here is some of what I found on it:

Biotin is used in cell growth, the production of fatty acids, metabolism of fats, and amino acids. It plays a role in the Citric acid cycle, which is the process in which biochemical energy is generated during aerobic respiration. Biotin not only assists in various metabolic chemical conversions, but also helps to transfer carbon dioxide. Biotin is also helpful in maintaining a steady blood sugar level. Biotin is often recommended for strengthening hair and nails. Consequently, it is found in many cosmetic and health products for the hair and skin.

Deficiency is extremely rare, as intestinal bacteria generally produce in excess of the body's daily requirement. For that reason, statutory agencies in many countries (e.g., the Australian Department of Health and Aging) do not prescribe a recommended daily intake.

[edit] Uses

[edit] Hair problems

Biotin supplements are often recommended as a natural product to counteract the problem of Hair loss in both children and adults. There are, however, no studies that show any benefit in any case where the subject is not actually biotin deficient. The signs and symptoms of biotin deficiency include hair loss which progresses in severity to include loss of eye lashes and eye brows in severely deficient subjects. Some shampoos are available that contain biotin, but it is doubtful whether they would have any useful effect, as biotin is not absorbed well through the skin.

MelissaO- It will be okay, maybe its Water weight. I went through that for a few weeks. It drove me crazy. Then when I went to the doctor, and I had still lost 8 pounds. She told me to stay away from the scale. It's hard!