Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

I finally hit ONE-DER-LAND!! I didnt think I was going to make it for a couple of more days...I had gainned a pound and then TOM is coming soon. I cant believe it....I weighed 3 times.....I usally stip down to naked, but I figured that it would have not changed so I just weighed w/ a tshirt and some shorts. I love the band!!!!!! Well after the offical weigh in I sat on the toilet as my 3 big dogs licked my legs. My husband worked late so he is still asleep....I soooooo want to wake him to tell him, So you guys are the first to know!!!! I am headed to the beach w/ my kids...last weekend of summer break for them.

Sandra

255h/242s/199c/165g

How cute, your doggies were telling you they were proud of you and happy for you! (LOL That or they could just tell you were excited)

Congrats, congrats

Melissa,

Congratulations on your new job. I know it's not the one you wanted, but it sounds like it will work time-wise. Also, as with the others, thank your fiance for me. It is a wonderful thing he did for us all, and for our country. and PS, I bet you'll hit your goal by your wedding!

Cindy

Thank you Cindy... and you're right.. the schedule will work out better for me.. being at my daughter's games means alot to both her and I...

And after looking in the fridge for about 10 minutes... I chose about 2/3 cup of low fat cottage cheese, 3 or 4 mini carrots with hummus.

I am wondering if eating a little more then usual when stuck on a plateau is just what you need to get off it again. I had a weekend of weddings and birthday and soccer and it seems all I did was eat. I was just sure that I had gained some pounds but when I got on I had lost two more. Either I have found my sweet spot or I needed to eat more to lose more. Go figure!

Wenjea-

It seems as if no matter what I do I'm stuck... I've tried backing down and doing more shakes and increasing my calories a bit and noting... I'm just getting frustrated at this point.

Melissa - I went a whole month without any weight loss this summer. I got another fill and it has been dropping off no problem. I have a shake in the morning. Usually yogurt and cottage cheese at lunch and whatever my family is having for dinner. I find that when I just eat somewhat healthy whenever I'm hungry then I do fine. I did have cake and Ice-cream last night for my sons birthday and wedding cake Saturday night too. I was down two pounds this morning, GO FIGURE!

I think your body is just taking a break to catch up with your weight loss and redistribute things around. You have done great so far and it will get going again so take a mental break from it and go have fun. Treat yourself to a movie or shopping. It will happen eventually.

I can't believe that I am almost half way there! That was my first goal and I am just a pound and a half a way from it. Yea me!

Hi all!

I can understand the frusteration. I am still at 203! So close to onderland yet so far! I do go in tomorrow for my 3rd fill at the filling station! Ha, I heard someone call it that and I thought it was cute.

I must say though that this last week..the fill that I had about 3 weeks ago finally seems to have kicked in. I am have the same thing mentioned here about super tight in the morning and can eat anything in the evening. Seems like the first meal and the second meal are getting stuck after I pb two or three times..I am fine. The last Pb I had after one bite of low-mein got me so nausous that I slimed and pb'd for around 15 mins. That has never happened before.

But the dinner meal, I can eat any amount I want. I am trying to stay at a cup...but it does take a tremendous amount of will power.

I think this 3rd fill is going to make the big difference. I honestly think I will be stopping with the fills for a while. At least until Nov or Dec. I will see how it goes. I will be suprised if it dosn't take me where I need to be.

Well, Blessings girlfriends.

Talk to you soon,

Weazer

Melissa,

Are you working out? They did say 1-2 lbs a week is what u should expect to be losing. Its nice to lose more but unless we get off our rear ends and do some serious work outs that probably wont happen.

I did finally make it back to the gym tonight, I had been just riding my bike around a the neighborhood. I am hoping to motivate my scale too.

Ladies oh no. Not only am I sad because my two daughters have left me for college, but one of them took the scale. It actually is hers (up until now I haven't used one in years!). I have found my new addiction, it is the scale! I'm going to have to run out tomorrow to Linen's N Things and buy a new one. God forbid I go too long without weighing myself. What would my morning routine be?

So I am going through children withdrawal AND scale withdrawal. What is the world coming too. I'm going to go drown my sorrows in a cup of earl grey tea!

Cindy

Cindy...

I'm right there with you, everybody says weight once a week, not every day. I have no self control when it comes to the scale, I'm total hooked. I weigh at least once a day, actually several times in the AM. You've got to check to make sure your not leaning this way or that, got to get it just right!!! LOL

Oh well, better addicted to the scale than to food.< /p>

Sue

PS...my daughter left 2 weeks ago for her second year

I weight everyday.....at least 3 times in the am too! I am addicted to the scale. I actually want one that is digital for more accuracy!

My oldest is leaving for college on Sunday (my birthday) and I am so sad...I have tears ready to go at all times. I wish I could turn back the clock, he would be a toddler, I would be thin and just start over LOL!

I need a major do over!

Sandra congratts again on Onderland!! If I keep up my 2lbs a week rate I will reach Onderland right at Thanksgiving. I would reallllly like to get there faster but I would be so proud to be at 199 by then. What motivation not to eat the crap foods then too!

Metal & Sue- I am so sorry you are sad about all the changes going on in your family. I know how it feels to miss your kids so badly. At least they are going off to school! You should be so proud of them :rolleyes: This could just motivate you more to lose weight... see how different you can look by the holidays when you see your kids again. I am sure they will be in awe of their mother!

Ragdoll- you've figured me out! HA! I've been staying active... but not "working out" ... the past 2 days I have been riding my stationary bike in the morning though... so hopefully that'll get things moving again!

I know what you guys are going through with the kid withdraw.. when Jordan (my daughter) was in DC for a week I was so depressed...and I couldnt wait to have her home.... remember the days when we used to BEG for a break... when we would LOVE not to have to get up at the crack of dawn.. bottle feedings and to change diapers.... now we dont want them out of our sight!!

Thanks for your kind words....as always! You are right that I will use this time to lose as much as possible. I can only imagine how much I would have gained by now just thinking of him leaving. I would have been stuffing my face constantly!

Your weight loss is great, I am sure you will reach your Thanksgiving goal!!!