Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Twinn Mommy,

I do the same thing as you.....pee, then weigh! I also walk around a bit before I weigh.....I feel like I am dead weight since I just got out of bed...and of course I ex-hale before I get on the scale. LOL! I feel like it makes me lighter!!!LOL!!! If I weigh at night and I am the same weight as the morning then I know I have lost and I will be less in the a.m.!!!LOL!! If I am heavier at night by a pound or even two...I havent lost and I will be the same in a.m.

I have made an appointment to have my nails and feet done on Thursday. It is my 40lb goal. I am at 39 lbs loss now, but I am working real hard to loose that 1 pound by then. I had my second fill yesterday. On liquids today and soft for a few days. So thinking that one pound will be no problem.

WAY TO GO LAURA!!!! My weight loss is slowing down...so I am gonna have to get moving!!!

Sandra

Highest weight 255

surgery weight 242

current weight 216

goal weight 165

I am so thick headed sometimes I just suprise myself. When I had my first follow-up with the Doc I asked him what size band I had. He looked at my chart and told me I had a 10. Well, here I am thinking I have a 10cc band and well, I have heard about the restriction trouble with them and was thinking BUMMER. Oh well, I received 1.8 cc on my first fill. So I went back yesterday to get the second and he said " are you sure you need another fill with the size band you have?" I said, well it holds 10cc's right? He said "NO yours is a 10 cm band and holds 4 cc's" I felt silly, but very happy. He put some more in and I now have 2.5 cc and very good restriction so far. Anyone else have this misunderstanding, or am I the only thick headed one? LOL

Laura,

I have not asked what kind of band I have! I dont really want to know. I know myself, I will start investigating and find out that the one I have is not good or something and then set myself up for failure! I am thick headed too!!LOL

Sandra

I just had a significant fill. I feel GREAT. I had the same band you have laura, before rebanding. mine didnt really count though, i had no restriction because i had a leak.

I have it now, boy howdee. :confused:

im hopeful. ive been gaining back lost weight and im hopefull the scale will go in the right direction again.

Do you do okay with the straw? My doctor says no straws ever again. I bought one at Target for 2.19 that has a flip top and is a sport bottle. I also wondered about the peach tea, does it have caffiene? I use to love that one, but stayed away from it since surgery.

My Dr. only restricted use of a straw for 6 weeks after surgery. Not sure why there would be a difference, but there are many of these differences with our doctors it seems.

You have brought up a good point about the caffeine! I think the peach tea does have it! Most of those don't have it and for some reason I just assumed this one didn't either! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. My nutritionist told me that tea was all right to drink (something about the tannins?) but I have been trying to stay away from caffeine altogether, so I'm going to have to find another favorite flavor!

Legster

Thank for the website

Better Ideal Weight Body Calculations

You're welcome!

Caffeine dont hurt the band does it? It just stimulates your appetite I know carbonation is suppoose to damage or eat away at the band over a period of time. Anyone else want to comment on his I would appreicate it.

Caffeine dont hurt the band does it? It just stimulates your appetite I know carbonation is suppoose to damage or eat away at the band over a period of time. Anyone else want to comment on his I would appreicate it.

The paperwork from my Nutritionist states:

Avoid caffeine-containing beverages. Caffeine stimulates the appetite, increases the production of stomach acid, and causes dehydration.

Well, I'm definitely going to have to get a fill. I decided to test my restriction today, and a full chicken Murphy with Pasta later I'm feeling no restriction or any signs of discomfort.

Not a wise thing to do, but now I know :confused:

Off to row for a few hours, got some carbs to burn of...

I just had a significant fill. I feel GREAT. I had the same band you have laura, before rebanding. mine didnt really count though, i had no restriction because i had a leak.

I have it now, boy howdee. :D

im hopeful. ive been gaining back lost weight and im hopefull the scale will go in the right direction again.

How did you find out if you had a leak? I am having trouble deciding if I should push for a 4th fill this week. My dr swore that I would be too tight this past time, that he had had to unfill everyone he had put over 1cc in the 3rd time, NOT me, I had 2.2!!

If I don't go this week, I can't go until Aug 13th.

Please tell me one of you has advice!

:help:

Twinn Mommy,

I do the same thing as you.....pee, then weigh! I also walk around a bit before I weigh.....I feel like I am dead weight since I just got out of bed...and of course I ex-hale before I get on the scale. LOL! I feel like it makes me lighter!!!LOL!!! If I weigh at night and I am the same weight as the morning then I know I have lost and I will be less in the a.m.!!!LOL!! If I am heavier at night by a pound or even two...I havent lost and I will be the same in a.m.

Wow, that is quite the ritual...LOL

I too have my ritual in the morning before I weigh...I strip down to NOTHING, not even underwear (they weigh something LOL) and then pee, then breathe in and out really deep, then balance myself very evenly on the scale (you never know if you lean too far forward or too far backwards it may "skew" the number)....We are all a scary bunch in our OCD with our :faint:scales....

I am so thick headed sometimes I just suprise myself. When I had my first follow-up with the Doc I asked him what size band I had. He looked at my chart and told me I had a 10. Well, here I am thinking I have a 10cc band and well, I have heard about the restriction trouble with them and was thinking BUMMER. Oh well, I received 1.8 cc on my first fill. So I went back yesterday to get the second and he said " are you sure you need another fill with the size band you have?" I said, well it holds 10cc's right? He said "NO yours is a 10 cm band and holds 4 cc's" I felt silly, but very happy. He put some more in and I now have 2.5 cc and very good restriction so far. Anyone else have this misunderstanding, or am I the only thick headed one? LOL

I thought the same thing at first too, but after closer inspection of my card I figured that out....it's easy to do...cc's, cm's - whatevaaa.a...i'm NOT a BRAIN Surgeon here. :faint:

I thought the same thing at first too, but after closer inspection of my card I figured that out....it's easy to do...cc's, cm's - whatevaaa.a...i'm NOT a BRAIN Surgeon here. :faint:

I wonder if we all have similar cards to carry? Has anyone used their's to order a smaller meal?

I had my 2nd fill back on the 9th. For a few days it was REALLY good. Now it is still a big improvement over my first fill but not fabulous. I have not lost any weight in over a month which SUCKS! Its hard not to get depressed about it when I work out, try to eat right, and cannot eat everything I want but still dont lose.

I think I have reached that "Why in the hell did I do this" point I had been warned about by my doctor. I am praying this too shall pass. I just want to see some kind of results. Even one lousy pound would make me feel better.