Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Better hope your guy is not on the thread. Isn't it bad luck 4 him 2CU before the wedding in the dress?

Legster

Thank for the website

Better Ideal Weight Body Calculations

According to that I should weigh 163. I can deal with that!! Now I have a actual GOAL WEIGHT!!! I dont like numbers like that so I will say my goal weight is 165.

Highest weight 255

surgery weight 242

current weight 216

goal weight 165

I bought a 32 oz. bottle with a flip up straw (Walmart) that has a finger grip and I just haul it around everywhere I go. It goes down really fast when I mix in one of the flavored packets (they are too sweet for me if I mix them into only 16 oz. of water). I like the peach tea ones. In fact, I usually wind up drinking much more than 64 oz.

Do you do okay with the straw? My doctor says no straws ever again. I bought one at Target for 2.19 that has a flip top and is a sport bottle. I also wondered about the peach tea, does it have caffiene? I use to love that one, but stayed away from it since surgery.

Starting to get a little depressed......I carry most of my weight around my mid-section. I have lost 38 lbs. so far. Started out at a tight 24, now I am a loose 22 or a tight 20. I am 5'5" and weigh 236 now. I noticed that a bunch of you are into 16's now. Many of you are shorter than me. Will I forever have this belly??? UGH!

I had my first fill Friday 1.6cc in a 4cc band. Not sure how much restriction I fill. Maybe I am eating less but hungry more often. Does that make sense?

Twinn Mommy,

I am 5'7 at started out at 242 at wearing a tight 20. I am at 216 right now....down 26 pounds!! I never bought the 22 out of fear and denial! My 20's are very loose, my 18's fit just fine and the 16's are too tight. You will get there girl!!!

Sandra

Highest 255

surgery 242

current 216

goal 165

Better hope your guy is not on the thread. Isn't it bad luck 4 him 2CU before the wedding in the dress?

HAHA.. I've already shown him a pic of the gown.. He's my best friend.. and we share everything with each other... anyway.. he has NO short term memory... he forgot all about what it looked like about 10 minutes after I showed him...

I just got back from another checkup.. .I've lost 2 pounds since my fill on Friday!! They also measured me again.. I've lost 4 inches from my waist and 3 inches from my hips!!!

I can't believe it!! It's working!!!!

I'm hoping to be in the 230's by next week!!!

I started out with a tight 22 and I am now in a 14W...I can't imagine my size when I get to the goal I have set. Smaller than I have been as an adult EVER! Wonderful but scary at the same time!

Macysgranny,

You are doing great. Did you loose all 43 pounds since your banding??? I was banded May 22 and have lost 26 and I thought I was doing great! You are doing super!!!! Congrats on you success!!!

Sandra

Highest weight 255

surgery weight 242

current weight 216

goal weight 165

sandra you are doing great too! Just think if we hadn't done this, likely we'd be where we were before band if not heavier.. its all headed in the right direction!

You all are such an inspiration!!!

I am only 5'1 so I just grow wider! I started at 233 and I am down to 209. 24lbs in 10 weeks. I have not seen a difference in my clothes at all. I know it will come, but that is hard to not be able to wear my pretty smaller clothes yet, LOL!

I called the doctor today and know they are telling me that sometimes it is the 4th fill before you get restriction with an AP band. Know I just have to decided if I should push for that 4th fill this week before they go on vacation!

Question- are you weighing a certain time each week or day?

I weigh at the same time everyday. First thing in the morning after I pee and before I drink anything. You know though I freak out about weighing like that when I weigh. When I weigh at night I weigh about the same thing though. Funny! :cry

I weigh at the same time everyday. First thing in the morning after I pee and before I drink anything. You know though I freak out about weighing like that when I weigh. When I weigh at night I weigh about the same thing though. Funny! :cry

That makes me feel better, I do the same thing, but I don't every weigh at night, LOL

You all are such an inspiration!!!

I am only 5'1 so I just grow wider! I started at 233 and I am down to 209. 24lbs in 10 weeks. I have not seen a difference in my clothes at all. I know it will come, but that is hard to not be able to wear my pretty smaller clothes yet, LOL!

I called the doctor today and know they are telling me that sometimes it is the 4th fill before you get restriction with an AP band. Know I just have to decided if I should push for that 4th fill this week before they go on vacation!

Question- are you weighing a certain time each week or day?

We are the same height and started at about the same weight (230). I just got to the 200 mark and now I am wearing smaller clothes. Some jeans still fit but I had been packed into them before. It will happen for you any day now...I promise!

Its funny how when I was gaining, I hated some of the clothes but now that I am losing and fitting back into them, I love them! Just like when I first hit 200 when I was gaining, I hated myself, now that I am down to 200, I feel like a million bucks!!!

Oh Well.......Have a great day!

Maureen

Remember Ladies that most clothes now a days has stretch in it.....so when you wash it is shrinks, but then you get in it and it stretches out to your fit. So your clothes may not have to be stretching as much. I have a couple of pair of jeans that are 20's that I can still wear because of the stretch factor. Then I have some that are 20's w/ no stretch that fall straight off me!!!!LOL! I think we are all doing great. Has anybody set up any mini-goals and treats for themselves???? LIke I want to start getting my nails done when I hit 200 pounds! When I get to one-der land I plan to go to the spa and get a massage and facial! Anyone doing stuff like that??

Sandra

Highest weight 255

surgery weight 242

current weight 216

goal weight 165

The spa is most defiantly in my plans for one-der-land!! My goal is 199 by our wedding on 11/10/07... So I'm booking my spa day for when we're on our honeymoon in Hawaii...