Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Thank you Sandra, you are doing great yourself. Putting your colthes in stages may seem silly, but it is a real motivator. What is funny is, well, I have them grouped on hangers, with a ribbon tied around them. So when I think I can wear them it is like opening a gift. Silly I know.

Melissa, WOW, great job.

LauraP

That is not silly at all. I think it is a great idea, wish I had done something like that. As a matter of fact, you motivated me for this weekend. I will clean out my closet, and get rid of the "bigger" sizes that I won't be needing any more.

Congrats to you.

Cindy

I wanted to say thanks to all of you and congrats! Your post are always so encouraging. It seems that you are finding the key to making this work for you!

I have had a rough week. So far I am up 4lbs. I am going for my 3rd fill on Saturday.

I have a serious addiction to food. I thought the band would help me not eat or want so much, but that just isn't the case. I have a bad case of buyers remorse, espeically with my large loan payment.

I can eat anything and as much as I could possibly want. I don't drink with meals ( I am not drinking anything really, so that is another problem!)

What do I tell the dr when I go Saturday? I hate answering all those questions while drinking that Water, because I am afraid of answeing them wrong and also afraid of being too tight.

Please send me suggestions of what to say and do on Saturday to get help from my doctor?

Ginger, it sounds to me like you just haven't achieved restriction yet. That's not unusual after only 2 fills. Tell your Dr. of your frustrations and fears. Ask for help!

I'll be thinking good thoughts for you on Saturday.

Thanks, Legster! I am afraid I will just start crying! I know I have gained, and that makes me feel like such a failure!

Ginger, I was also thinking maybe you should make an appointment with the psychologist who you visited with before surgery. Is that possible? I'm definitely planning to see the one that's affiliated with my surgeon if I start having "head" problems (I know I will at some point - it seems inevitable considering my history). Ask your Dr. what s/he thinks about it?

Hello A mayzing Bandsters -

I have been gone from the post for nearly two weeks due to vacation and just plain being busy. A few quick things (It took me three hours to get caught up on everyone) First - I did get my first fill on June 29th - I did feel restriction the first week which was good since I was on vacation for 10 days. When I came home I was about 1/2 lb lighter. I did watch what I ate to a point (still stayed away from sugar, bread, rice, caffeine, Snacks, etc) BUT, i did indulge in some wine and a few cocktails of crystal light pink lemonade with some vodka while on holiday with no problems.

I did learn a few things from this: 1 - I don't have the same desire for wine/vodka like I used to when I socialized with friends. 2 - I CAN stay away from the white food group along with the other items my dr recommends we stay away from.

I am almost 31 lbs down since preop and surgery. Which is the good part. The rest, I am right where most of you are at... This week I have not felt the same restriction I had while on vacation - and today I am starving!!!! I called my dr to see how long we have to go between fills (3-4 weeks)! I am two weeks in with 1.8 cc in a 4cc band. Maybe like some of you my restriction will come back??? Is that POSSIBLE???? I cannot believe how hungry I am tonight! The thought of being this hungry with my stomach yelling at me when it is empty for the next 2 1/2 weeks sounds harder than it has been throughout my whole adventure in Lap Band World. (Or, my mind has conveniently let me forget some of the difficulties =-)..

Food wise - I can eat anything so far that I have tried. Mostly Protein based foods, and I still do my Protein Shake in the morning's cause i like them and I get good protein that way.

Water - Manage to get down 40 or so oz a day (I need to work on this still).

Vitamins - take them when I don't forget which is most of the time - NEED to improve and make sure I take my liquid calcuium daily!

Anyhow - it is great to see how well everyone is doing and that I am not the only one learing to figure out when I am full or if I ate too fast, etc... I missed the posts while I was gone and love having this post in particular to hear where everyone is at as a barometer for our new lives!

Sorry for the long post! :ranger:

hello everyone,

I was actually banded on 07/02/07 but I wanted to speak to some of you that have been banded for a little while.

I have 4 more weeks before my first fill and I am still on liquids. I have to admit that I am starving!!!!! Did any of you go through this? How much were you eating prior to getting your first fill?

Just curious

First of all Congratulation on being banded! You are going through a hard stage, at least it was for me. Still on liquids, not much restrictions, and missing food. You just want to chew something. My Doc. will only do fills 6 weeks out. So I had a few tuff weeks of Banster Hell myself. When do you get to start mushies and soft food? That will help alot. Also, my doc recommended a clear liquid Fiber to mix with my drinks. It did help me to stay full longer. Just remember, this is the healing stage, give yourself a break.

First of all Congratulation on being banded! You are going through a hard stage, at least it was for me. Still on liquids, not much restrictions, and missing food. You just want to chew something. My Doc. will only do fills 6 weeks out. So I had a few tuff weeks of Banster Hell myself. When do you get to start mushies and soft food? That will help alot. Also, my doc recommended a clear liquid fiber to mix with my drinks. It did help me to stay full longer. Just remember, this is the healing stage, give yourself a break.

Thank you for replying, it is a relief to hear that I am not alone. They told me 10-14 days on liquid so today is day 11 and I tried my first mushy food this morning, I had some refried beans( i know not a typical Breakfast food but i had to have something) and I took only about 3 teaspoons full and WOW what a difference, I was actually full. I miss this full feeling. So I will probably have some liquids for lunch and dinner and then some more mushies tommorow, I just don't want to rush it, but now that I know what a difference it will make, I feel much better.

How long did you wait before starting to exercise?

Good morning all...

Well, the DD (Damn Dog :)) had me up at 5:30am so I figured...while I'm up so early...why don't I go to the gym....

SO...

I DID! FINALLY for the first time since surgery I made it to the gym :whoo:

I've been walking and riding my stationary bike at home... but there is just something about going to the gym that makes me feel SO much more productive!!!

I'm also going for my 2nd fill this afternoon... hoping for some real restriction!!!

Thank you for replying, it is a relief to hear that I am not alone. They told me 10-14 days on liquid so today is day 11 and I tried my first mushy food this morning, I had some refried beans( i know not a typical breakfast food but i had to have something) and I took only about 3 teaspoons full and WOW what a difference, I was actually full. I miss this full feeling. So I will probably have some liquids for lunch and dinner and then some more mushies tommorow, I just don't want to rush it, but now that I know what a difference it will make, I feel much better.

How long did you wait before starting to exercise?

Hey I had refried Beans for breakfast too. And at the time it seemed like the best tasting thing in the world.

I started walking right after my surgery. Doc released me to do the other (weights) after the six week mark. But he did say to take it easy on the tummy area, it will get sore around the port. I now walk about 30-45 min per day and use my hand weights. Good Luck.

Thanks legster... I'm really hoping this next fill does the trick... I'm SO hungry...and I'm able to eat WAY too much...I'm really starting to question if there is really a band in there!!!

Hey all! I got my first fill today 1.6cc's in a 4cc band. It didn't really hurt, just some weird sensations when they pulled the needle out of the port. They said I was doing great! I am on liquids for 24 hours now. Yeah! I did lose 10 lbs in the last month so that was good news. I seem to be able to notice my loss everywhere but my waist. Figures!

Thanks legster... I'm really hoping this next fill does the trick... I'm SO hungry...and I'm able to eat WAY too much...I'm really starting to question if there is really a band in there!!!

I have felt the same way. I am going for fill # 3 tomorrow, 3rd times a charm, right??

I have felt the same way. I am going for fill # 3 tomorrow, 3rd times a charm, right??

Hopefully so!!! Good luck to you... let us know how you make out!