Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Metalband, look at you! Congratulations on your amazing weightloss. Everyone here has been doing so well, but I just happened to see yours and was like, wow! Hope your discomfort is getting better. Believe me, I felt lousy for at least 1 1/2 weeks, and then all of a sudden, between adding more Protein and my Vitamins and that extra couple days healing was all it took. You, too, will feel better, I promise! Good luck and let us know.

Cindy

I feel sooooo much better today! I havent been very hungry but have been making myself eat a little bit. It is amazing how much more energy I have and how much better I am feeling. Hang in there everyone recently banded... it really does get better every day.

Oh I am so glad you said that...I have been feeling this terrible pain behind my right shoulder blade & trying like the devil to figure out what I did! That makes sense as my port is on my right. Thank you. liquid Tylenol has been helping.

Ragdoll--My port hasn't been real swollen, however it is totally painful if I touch it or rub into something in that area. I have been alternating with the heating pad & an ice pack to alleviate some of that. I am sure the Liquid Tylenol helps that as well. :clap2:

Susan--hang in there sweetie! So sorry to hear of your difficulties & troubles. Hopefully your recovery will go smoothly from here on out! :)

Today was unpleasant. I have the runs, however since I am still only DRINKING, it's all liquidy & farty. Totally miserable at work, finally left early. Came home & napped, but still don't feel as good as I have. I hesitated to take Imodium or anything because I really don't want to get backed up & my doctor's office was closed by the time I woke up to clear it with them. Any of you know if that is OK to take?

I had to switch Protein Drinks today, just couldn't stomach another one of the kind I had been drinking. I ordered that Unjury stuff some of you had suggested, thanks tons! Today I tried a Carnation Instant Breakfast--no sugar french vanilla. What a treat! Totally different taste!

Take good care everyone!

Hi Julie,

What I do is 1 cup ff milk, 1 packet no sugar added instant Breakfast, and 1 scoop of the same flavor unjury, (or the unflavored, but it is better with the flavored) add 1 ice cube and put it in my magic bullet. Yummy shake for 25 grams Protein. If I use vanilla, sometimes instead of the icecube I will add 3 or 4 frozen strawberries. What a treat!

Hi guys! 9 days post-op and I am feeling GREAT! I can sleep any way I want (actually could almost from day one), gas pains are SOOOO MUCH better today. Everything is going really WELL! I have no reservations about any of this! None at all! Every time I feel a twinge of something I think....so would you like to trade those 11 pounds you just took off and go back to the way you were? NO WAY! Things are GOOD! Things are GREAT! I feel wonderful and I am really stoked!

Hi guys! 9 days post-op and I am feeling GREAT! I can sleep any way I want (actually could almost from day one), gas pains are SOOOO MUCH better today. Everything is going really WELL! I have no reservations about any of this! None at all! Every time I feel a twinge of something I think....so would you like to trade those 11 pounds you just took off and go back to the way you were? NO WAY! Things are GOOD! Things are GREAT! I feel wonderful and I am really stoked!

Cindyluhu,

Thanks for the vote of confidence, you are so kind!!!! I am getting better. I cannot seem to get in enough Water or Protein but I have the next 4 days off from work so I should be able to! I am happy with the weight loss, it got me through my crankiness! You seem to be doing well with this!! I just cannot wait for mushies.

Thank you my fellow mass bandstahhhh!

My doctor said that the carbonation is believed to erode the band over a period of time, and you do not have the ability to burp to get rid of the gas as well as you did before. That is why he says no sodas.

I am day 15 today and I feel AWESOME! I was at the doctor yesterday and am down 26.3 lbs., and I can feel it. Everyone says they can see a big difference in my face. No soreness, lots of energy. This was the best thing I have ever done. The scale has stopped moving, but I know it will start again. I am hardly eating any calories, my body just has to work it out.

When do you remove your sterile strips from the incisions or are they just supposed to fall off eventually? Mine show NO sign of coming off by themselves. I am S(Surgery)-plus 8 days.

My nurse told me let them fall off on their own... but if they are still there 10 days post op... then gently remove them.

When do you remove your sterile strips from the incisions or are they just supposed to fall off eventually? Mine show NO sign of coming off by themselves. I am S(Surgery)-plus 8 days.

They told me that they would fall off by themselves. Which took about 3 weeks. I dont know If Dr. Spivaks uses the extra sticky strip or what because I thought mine would never fall off

Hello my fellow May bandsters. Im doing much better than I would have imagined. Im a little sore but besides that everything is ok. So far I havent had any shoulder pain or other problems with gas and no nausea. Does anyone know if this is something I can expect later or would I have had it by now if I was going to get it. Well sitting here at the computer is a little uncomfortable so I will talk later.

Cara --

I too am concerned about the anesthesia... I've had problems with it in the past. I'm just going to have to have a serious talk about it with the anesthetist on Wed.

I'm also very concerned about the nausea. I had an Aleve on an empty stomach last week, and even THAT made me throw up! I ALWAYS get sick after any kind of anesthesia or pain meds. :-(

Speaking of, my surgery is Thurs 31st, can I be added to the calendar?

Thanks!

Dyanna

AZGal~

I just saw you're post now- I wish I had seen it earlier so that I could have told you that I had NO problems with the anesthesia at all so maybe you wont either!!! I just made sure to tell the anesthesiologist about the problems I had had in the past and he said that he would do his very best to avoid it all and he did!! I was SO happy! You just got banded today- I hope you're doing well!!! I was banded on the 15th and I'm finally feeling great, it took me almost exactly 2 weeks to get there but it went fast. Please let me know how you're doing when you can- I'll be routin' for ya! Feel good and take care of yourself!!

Cara

Hello all! I had my Post-op appointment today. Isn't it funny how there are so many of us and each doctor has a different way of having us eat? Some are on liquid, some on mushies some didn't have a pre-op diet some did... crazy.

Anyway, my doc said that I can take off the steri-strips tonight and I have just a couple more days of the puree diet which we call Stage 2. Monday I begin stage 3 which is soft foods. I have lost a total of 27 pounds since I began this whole thing March 29th.

I'm not quite sure why anyone would want a fill at this stage. My surgery was May 21st. We aren't even fully healed yet. My port site is still sore and I would like to eat solid foods a couple of times before I close that gap again.

Also, my doctor said that the opening is healed enough were I don't have to be so careful with drinking. I should be able to gulp now. Liquid goes right through so don't worry about it.

I'm very happy where I am at! I hope all of you are doing as well!