Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Why can I not say "NO" to sweets. I teach pre-k part time................Valentine's parties galore today. This is so rediculous! You would think I could say "NO" by now.

MelissaO- Congrats on the LB NSV. I think I will still be there until after my TT. I will thank the kids for that one! (like it's their fault) HA!

I'm the same way, i'm lighter now than before I got pregnant in '04 and can't wear the pants from back then because I have too much bulk in the stomach area still, my pants are starting to get roomy in the seat, but still tight across the stomach...darnit!

For all the times I've griped I have to share another GREAT day!

100 pounds today!!! After having the scale taunt me for days at 99.5 I was officially down 100 lbs today!!!

It was my Bible Study day so I got to share it with lots of really supportive friends, some even cried happy tears with me (and yes, I was wearing my size 12 pants for the 1st time!) After that I had a dental appointment and my dentist gave me free teeth whittening ($450) as a congrats gift, he's so sweet! Then DH & I went out to dinner (so what if the scales not at a perfect 100 tomorrow...I know I'm there). People have been asking me all day if I'm at my goal weight (they can't see the thighs under my jeans...what they don't see can't hurt...right!)

This is truely the best decision I ever made for my physical health, and probably my mental health too.

Doing the happy dance,

Sue

Congrats Sue! I am sure you look great! Sounds like you had a great day!

That is funny about your dentist giving you free whitening. I notice now that I have no "chins" to criticize in pics that my teeth look a little yellow. Isn't that funny, we always have to find something to be critical about to ourselves.

When you don't feel good about yourself what difference does it make if the teeth are a little yellow? When you start feeling some pride (the good kind) you start noticing those areas that are worth a little more effort...how you dress etc... I'm by no means a fashion diva, I'm OK with getting my T-shirts ar Target, but I find I don't enjoy wearing the baggy cloths that make me look heavier again. My DH gave me a WSU sweatshirt yesterday, I tried it on and he immediately says "darn, that sure doesn't complement your figure"(it was kind-of baggy). Clothes used to be about hiding...not any more!

Sue

SUE - YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!! I bet you look great.

I am having a stressed day today. I am in a training program with my job (Fed Gov) and I am presently working in an office that is over 3 hours from my home. I have a place I stay here during the week so I do not have to make that commute daily (that would be crazy). Any way, my DH is down with the flu, you would think he is dying by the way he sounds. He is a big baby when he is sick, but he is my baby. Well, I was going to try to get out of here early today and go home, but now my boss has the flu, and called in and asked me to stay late to cover his appointments. I am the only one in the office, the tech has been out all week with the flu also. I did get a flu shot, but so did my DH, the Doc said this is a diffrent stran. Great....... I am going to get a face mask and lysol, hand jell.....I do not want this thing.

Take care all

Laura

Sue - Congrads...what a milestone! Wow! 100 lbs! Yippie...doing a jig for you!

Woo Hoo!

I am happy too because I was doing the BMI chart and I only have 26 pds to go before I am considered not overwght at all!

I can do this..we can do this!

Weazer

Isn't that cool, I was looking at the BMI chart last night too. I'm only "slightly overweight" then I was looking how far down the chart it was to my starting point, it didn;t even show up on the chart I was looking at...WOW! 23 lbs to "Healthy" weight, that's what I've set as my goal...HEALTHY! Makes me want to scream...cry...dance!!!

Anyone who doesn't believe in food addiction should get an unfill.

I've only been unfilled since Monday, and I am unable to control the eating. Even KNOWING what I am doing I'm stuffing myself. Right at this moment I'm miserable and bloated and yet still thinking about all the sorts of foods that I can actually eat without restrictions.

At least I now know my end-game plan will involve keeping a tight fill.

Still no word on the date for my revision. It can't come soon enough. :wink_smile:

Manatee....sorry to hear that you need a revision!!!! Your health is the most important thing though.

Everyone is doing great!!

My weight loss is soooooo slow.....so far this month I have lost 3 lbs. I am down to 171 lbs. I am okay.....but I am having a real hard time eating. I throw up a lot and it seems like even the softest, mushiest foods get stuck too. Some days I can eat shrimp, some mashed potatoes, veggies and be fine....the others I will be stuck all day. No rhime or reason???

Sandra

255h/242s/171c/165g

Sandra... talk about no rhyme or reason.... I had another public PB on Valentines night... on 1/2 of a very soft mozzarella stick.... but yet.. yesterday for lunch I downed a half (a rather large half) of an Italian sub. And the previous PB was on 2 bites of very well chewed salad... but yet, the night before that happened I had an entire chicken breast sandwich! I just dont understand sometimes.

My scale has also slowed....as TOM nears.... ugh.

I've found TOM is responsible for most of my PB experiences. It starts a couple days before TOM...it's frustrating, but the up side is it's like an early warning system that TOM will arrive soon. I was chatting with a band friend the other day and was frustrated because I had been having trouble with PB the last couple days and the scale was stuck, it was such a DUH moment, as it came out of my mouth I figured it out.

Aside form that, a little hot Water bofore eating and things go down quite well.

Sorry for the TMI to all you guys out there, but it's a fact of life for us gal-banders

Sue

Manatee....sorry to hear that you need a revision!!!! Your health is the most important thing though.

Everyone is doing great!!

My weight loss is soooooo slow.....so far this month I have lost 3 lbs. I am down to 171 lbs. I am okay.....but I am having a real hard time eating. I throw up a lot and it seems like even the softest, mushiest foods get stuck too. Some days I can eat shrimp, some mashed potatoes, veggies and be fine....the others I will be stuck all day. No rhime or reason???

Sandra

255h/242s/171c/165g

Sandra, You have come SO far, don't let the slow weight loss discourage you, I would be So THRILLED to be in the 180"s! You are doing great and we are all pulling for you!

Sandra... talk about no rhyme or reason.... I had another public PB on Valentines night... on 1/2 of a very soft mozzarella stick.... but yet.. yesterday for lunch I downed a half (a rather large half) of an Italian sub. And the previous PB was on 2 bites of very well chewed salad... but yet, the night before that happened I had an entire chicken breast sandwich! I just dont understand sometimes.

My scale has also slowed....as TOM nears.... ugh.

Melissa it has got to be because your TOM is coming that seems to cause alot of people to get tighter. I'll bet if you just take it easy for a couple of days you'll loosen back up a little and be healed and back on track by the end of your TOM! You are doing so great, don't get discouraged, I LOVE to login here and see your posts and watch your progress. I only wish I could put up the numbers that you and Sandra do so hang in there and don't get discouraged.....one good thing about being so tight as we know it causes the scale to drop (probably after you're TOM so you lose the extra Water weight) so keep us posted, I know i'm not the only one waiting to see you're progress!!!!