Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

A NSV in the midst of problems

While I was being prepped for the camera thing, they had me hooked up to various monitors. The nurse asked me if I was a marathon runner. I was a bit boggled by that, and asked her why she thought that.

She flipped the monitor around to show a resting heartrate of 53, and a BP of 109/67. Those are pretty amazing numbers, given that my doc wanted to put me on hypertension medicine just before I got banded.

Still working out the bleeding thing, got a bunch of meds and such to take. So be it....

Weazer...

That doesn't sound so good. Are you able to eat, are you getting your fluids in? Sounds like you're really tight

just had my first public pb.. And just my luck... It was the worst one I've ever had... Was out to eat with DH and got about 2 bites into my salad and all hell broke loose. Once our meals came we packed them up and left. ... I'm still sliming pretty bad. Ugh!

just had my first public pb.. And just my luck... It was the worst one I've ever had... Was out to eat with DH and got about 2 bites into my salad and all hell broke loose. Once our meals came we packed them up and left. ... I'm still sliming pretty bad. Ugh!

Oh NO! That sucks Melissa. One good point, at least you were with your husband! I hope you feel better soon!

Renee

Still feeling a little less than great.... Didnt even want to risk taking my meds crushed up this morning... gonna give my stomach a complete break from solids today.

Manatee... 100 lbs gone is awesome!!

Hello Everyone, OK, I just have to ask what does PB stand for? I know what it means but my husband and I have tried to figure out the abbreviation. As you can probably tell we aren't vary tech savvy and are pretty new to text messaging. We definitely had a good laugh trying to figure it out. Does anyone know why somedays we can have tons of slime and others none? What causes that?

Michelle

Metalband - Ha, that's funny

Sue11 - I think it was just so swollen from the vomiting while I was sick. It seems to have settled down. I have had a few good days here where I havn't had any pb episodes and my band has stopped making those strange squeaky sounds! I was this close to having some cc's taken out of my band. I think I am going to be o.k now. I have upped my Water intake again. We just all need to be really careful when we get sick.

Melissa - I am so sorry about the fiasco at the resturante! I am always so afraid that will happen to me. I went out to eat with some friends Sat and had to watch them eat...fried fish and all the accompanyments that go so good with it while I just stuck to some tomatoe Soup. They don't know I have the band..and I was so afraid I would barf! This band is a sacrifice..but I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Y'all have a beautiful day!

Weazer

Hello All.....

Been a long time since I checked in. Work has been crazy. Sure miss everyone here.

Manatee - WOW 100 lbs, so sorry about the ulcer problem, Hope you get better real soon!

Sandra - you are doing so Great! Don't give up on your weight loss, you have been there before, it will come off, just give your body time.

Melissa - OMG I can relate with the public PBing thing. I was at taco bell with some work people and we were sitting at one of the corner round booths and I was sitting on the inside. I got stuck and I could'nt even ask the person next to me to let me out for fear of barfing on her. Luckly I had a big napkin and nobody was looking. Then I just pretended that I was coughing, and excused myself to the bathroom. Not a pretty thing.

Weazer - Sounds like you are you too tight. Hope things are going better for you?

Sue11 - How are you doing? 99 lbs gone, So happy for you!!!! Way to go.

As for me, well, I am back on the wagon. HI, my name is Laura and I am a Ice Creamaholic. I have decided I have to give it up. I can't just eat a little bit, I will not stop until I finish what ever I have in the house. So I have been clean for over two weeks. And guess what? The weight has started to come off again. Duh! Guess what I figured out...... Even if it is "Healthy Choice Ice Cream" if you eat the whole gallon, it is no longer a "Healthy Choice"!!!!!

Take care all........

Laura

Laura...

Hello, my name is Melissa...and I'm a Dorito-a-holic! Like you.. I cant just have one or two... I have to have a whole crapload of them ... then get the guilty feeling afterwords! I was doing well... not carrying ANY money with me at work .. so I could avoid the vending machines.. but I went to Walmart a week ago..and just like a darn junkie.. I grabbed a bag of Doritos .... got home and went to town on them! I cant be around them at all!!!

DH had a really bad night last night... violent nightmares... worse than usual...at one point I counted.. I had to wake him up 10 times within 15 minutes. Thankfully he had appointments scheduled at the VA today... so I called out of work and I'm going with him. I want to make sure he tells them exactly whats going on... rather than down play everything... which, I'm sure is what he does. I cursed the military all last night for what its done to him.

On a better note... I forgot to mention it on here... I got a new job! Very excited about it... my current job is ... boring. While its basically stress free... I dont feel challenged at all...not to mention there is NO room to advance....and it is extremely unorganized. I start my new job on 2/25 at a local bank.

On an even better note... I woke up and saw 212 today... 60 lbs gone... 1 pound from half way!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Laura,

I confess that I am a Icecream aholic too! Always have been. I did have some this weekend after a week of behaving admirably! But, I only bought the small containger of low fat ice cream. That way I don't eat a gallon of it. Now, back to my good way of eating during this week. I really want to make sure I loose my next 4 pds so I can for sure be on track with my wght loss goals. P.s. concernign low fat or low sugar ice cream. I'm not going to do them anymore..they have as many calories as regular ice cream..or so it seems to me. I may as well just stick with the regular but only buy one small container a weekend for my treat (if I feel a need that week).

Weazer

Well, there's finally a diagnosis of my issues.

The causality chain is unclear, but the bottom line is that part of the stomach has prolapsed upwards through the band. Doc pulled 5.5 cc of 7.5 cc out of the band, and wants to schedule a revision and/or replacement ASAP.

Because I was so close to goal he asked if I wanted it simply removed, but I fear the loss of the tool more than the complications. He did say if he replaced it with a new band, that the odds of this recurring were extraordinarily slim.

Lesson here: if you're really tight after a fill, go get checked immediately.

Hello, Peanutaholic here. It has been a week since I rid the house of nuts and guess what... 3 pounds down from last week. We went to a bible study last night and they had a dish there with peanuts, I was soooo tempted but I also knew if I started there I would be driving to 7/11 for peanuts later on. Amazing how it is never one peanut, or Dorito or ice cream or whatever.... I just need to stay away from that 1st one.

Melissa-Thanks for clearing up the PB question boy I would have never guessed that one.

OMG Manatee, I am so sorry to hear about you having a prolapsed stomach.

If you have it replace, just think, you get to do that wonderful round of liquids, muchsies. That will pull those last 6 pounds off fast.

Just take care of yourself!!!

Laura