Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Manatee...

Your health is #1...That's why we're all on this journey. If you're not healthy then nothing else matters. It must have been distrubing to vomit blood, it's a good you went in. I had some problems with vomiting blood when I was pregnant...sever morning sickness & constant vomiting broke blood vessels in my esophogus, scary, but it cleared up on it's own.

Take care of yourself, you're in my prayers, & enjoy the chance to indulge on your favorite ice cream :biggrin:

Sue

Manatee...

OMG... take it EASY!! Did they unfill you last night in the ER? I had the camera thing done during my pre-op testing...its easy... they'll knock you out..and you wont feel a thing.

Maybe I should take my own advice... as I was typing the message to Manatee I had to run to the bathroom and up it came... Since last night I've been sliming and PB'ing on everything.

I dont know about anyone else's shopping experiences but... the past 2 times I've gone shopping for myself I've found that I'm too small for the plus sizes....but not quite in the regular sizes.... BUT I find myself wandering into the plus size section anyway!!! Needless to say... I didnt find anything I liked today..

Manatee .......PLEASE take care of yourself. Drink lots....you dont need to get dehydrated like I did...then your kidneys start hurting. I felt awfull but I was not vomiting blood. Get unfilled and take it easy.

Melissa, I have been going through the same....I am not in Womens sizes anymore but not in misses either. I finally got into a 12 the other day comfortably but not all 12's fit the same...if you know what I mean. Just call it your transition period...you will just have to try on everything.

Sandra

Manatee,

I am going to be adding you to my prayer list. I don't know if you care..but prayer can really help. Really hope the end results of the testing turn out good.

Getting Healthy,

Hey, cut your self some slack. You are doing great! Girl, you wght less than I do! You came to the right place, you are not a slow looser!

How neat to have 4 children...you are so blessed!

Weazer

I'm lying.. I did find one shirt at Kohl's today... size large.. on clearance for $2.40! haha... They have TONS of nice stuff on clearance.... just didnt find anything I really liked today... maybe I was just in a mood...

I went to the chiropractor for the first time today for an adjustment... OMG.. I feel SO much better!!! He said he wants to see me twice a week for about a month...then on an as needed basis.

Also got DH's valentines gift today... $100 gift certificate towards a new tattoo... he asked what I wanted and I told him a certificate for a 90 minute hot stone massage....

Back from the 'scope. I have a couple of ulcers in there, probably aggravated the recent reflux issues. Doesn't seem to be a band issue precisely, but the too tight full probably didn't help.

Manatee...

Been waiting to hear, it's always good to know what the problem is, glad it's not a band issue dirrectly. I'm guessing they will lossen band and put you on meds until ulcers heal?

Sue

Manatee!!! So glad to hear that you are ok!!!! Please take care of yourself. Are the ulcers from all the reflux?? Is the reflux from the band?? Have you always had acid reflux or ulcers?? Well hope you feel better soon. I am not loosing but I cant get any tighter than I am now!!! If this is my final stop at 174 then I will be happy. I cant seem to get under and my calorie intake is already sooo low. Well take care and keep us up dated!!!

Sandra

255h/242s/174c/165g??

I don't know the causality chain here. Unfortunately UHC still hasn't approved the unfill, so I'm still waiting for that. liquids for the next week

Manatee,

I am so thankful to the Lord. I don't even know you but I was really worried. Anytime someone says they are throwing up blood...my goodness. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Sandra - I'll bet you drop somemore wght. Just keep up the good eating...I learned from the Biggest Looser this week that you have to eat enough calories...or your metabolism will slow down. Maybe you just arn't eating enough?

Melissa, Metalband and Sue11 - How ya doing?

Mini....thanks for asking! I am not good on the weight loss right now. I have not been exercising and I keep losing and gaining back the same 2 pounds! I need to move my butt more!

I am going to the docs in a couple of weeks but I am scared to get a fill because I PB and slime alot. I never know how or when but its usually not because of overeating......its just my fickle band I guess! I have a lot of business lunches and am frightened to death that I will get stuck so I order Soup or just pick at my food. Then a couple of hours later....I am so hungry the entire office can hear my stomach growl. I tend to live on Protein bars! Okay enough about me. You seem to be doing great....keep up the good work.

Manatee....glad you are doing better...we will keep thinking of you! The liquids are going to make you lose even quicker!

Sandra...

Have you ever tracked your calories? I find if I eat below my minimun (1,000 to 1,200 calories) I totally plateau, that seems to be my threashhold for starvation mode. Maybe you need to eat more, or vary your intake from time-to-time. I do find that it makes a difference what I eat, 1,000 of higher fat seems to react different from 1,000 of good calories. I stick to low-fat, very low-carb and lots of protien.

Manatee...

Is your insurance United HealthCare? Do they pay for fills?

Sue

Metalband,

You say your not good on the wght loss now...but..goodness 60plus pds! woweeee!

I know what you mean about the stomack growling thing though...My band was so tight after throwing up so many times last week..that by Sunday when I went to church...I was by myself and I was tired of laying in bed, so I loaded up and went to church..it's a really big church and I decided to sit in the very last row in case I didn't feel good. Well, fortunatly for me I did because my stomack was growling so loud that I had to get up and leave! The person sitting next to me looked at me and smiled. I had to apolgise to her. I went and sat in this room where they have a monitor of that pastor preaching where the mom's bring the babies that are crying so as not to bother anyone...I felt like such an idiot.

Finally, I made it through yesterday and I didn't PB the whold day. I was so happy! Really the growling wasn'st seeming to come from my stomack..it seemed to be coming from above my band. So loud!

It has not growled all day though. Maybe it's over because my swelling is down?

blessings, Weazer

Thats funny Mini....people go into that room with crying babies....you went with a crying band!!!! Honestly the sounds that come from my belly now!!! I have to apologize too because my stomach growls so much!