Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Sandra- Did you get your new hairdo??

Kohl's has marked most of their winter stuff down to at least 60% off, a lot of it is 75% off. I bought six shirts for $52.00. Four of them were the Daisy Fuentes brand.

Old Navy also has an additional half off of their clearance prices. I bought a few long sleeve shirts for 3.50 each. Fun! Shopping has never been quite as fun as this.

Oh, disaster!

It's Girl Scout cookie time :( I cannot resist Thin Mints, and they are 40 calories per cookie. I will admit I already bought 1 box. At least that's an improvement over the year I bought 6 cases and filled my stand-alone freezer with them...

Weighed in this morning at 175 lbs. I feel like I should feel smaller, but I dont!! Did that make any sense????? I am 10 lbs from my goal weight...but I dont think I am going to be satisfied when I get there. I always told my self that if I could get to a size 12 I would be thrilled. I dont think I will be satisfied!!!

Sandra

255h/242s/175c/165g

Sandra...

That makes perfect sense to me.. I was actually just having that same thought last night while looking in the mirror... I still see that "fat" girl ... 55lbs heavier. Its all in our head... its something we have to work on... self image issues.

And to put my two cents in on weight v/s pants size .... I'm 5'2'', 217 (as of this morning.. yay!) and wear a loose 16.

Manatee... I just saw a sign yesterday for girl scout cookies! Just gotta set limits... rather than eating the whole box in one sitting (pre band)... lets say... 1 cookie per day... ONLY if there is no other "cheating"... AND we have gotten ALL our Water in!!!

Twinn Mommy, I did get my new hair cut!!! I was actually just talking to my co-worker about my hair. The thinner I am the longer my hair gets and the bigger I am the shorter the hair do. LOL!!! So now its getting long again. Shopping is sooo much fun now, but I have to watch my budget.

Sandra...

And to put my two cents in on weight v/s pants size .... I'm 5'2'', 217 (as of this morning.. yay!) and wear a loose 16.

See we are all so different............I am 5'5" and 204 and a tight 18. Yet my top is XL. It is all in my apron, that I have to "tuck in". My legs and arms look like a skinny persons. Just the belly!

see... my arms are huge...they were big when I was thin (about size 10).... I hate my arms!

Just get them worked on as a reward when you get to goal. You are worth it! We are all going to look so good!

Yes, it was me. Thanks so much for them. They are too big now. But I got some use out of them for a few months. It totally depends on the cut of the pants, as to what size I wear. I can't wait until I can fit into a 18 in the normal department. I will have so many more options then. I like about an inch more before I can button that size. A Lane Bryant 18 fits good now.

Non-scale victory -- I had the opportunity to buy new boots today, because my old ones are too big. My FEET are down a full size. Amazing.

I also picked up a couple pairs of 36" waist boot-cut jeans, and in that size I wasn't limited to the standard boring brands. I got these kick-ass faded expensive jeans that look GOOD on me :)

Yay for you Manatee!!! You look awesome!

I had a shopping NSV today too. I went shopping with my 12 year old at Delia's which is geared for young girls. I tried on a coat (did not look like it was for the teenage set) and it fit!! It was a little snug in the arms but I could have pulled it off. I did not buy it but my NSV was my daughter saying "wow Mom you can shop with me now, that us soo cool!"....she was so happy and I could tell she was proud of me!

That was the best feeling ever!

I also caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I was surprised that I am starting to look normal....not obese!

Congrats everyone....I am so proud of all of us!

Today I broke the 182 barrier.

For me, that's an important number. Officially I'm only down 90lbs from the consult and 80 from surgery, but I happen to remember the scale the day I decided to look into this thing. That was in March 07, and I weighed 282 lbs that day. I recall looking at the scale and realizing that I had almost topped it out, and realizing that I WOULD top it out soon if I didn't get control of my eating.

So this isn't officially a hundred lbs on the ticker, but it sure feels like it to me :biggrin: