Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

I posted my normal monthly photos on the before after thread but came across a pic from July 4th that I can tell a huge difference in.

1448878129_f44c512920_b.jpg

And today...

1449732644_ba72abbfbc_b.jpg

I posted my normal monthly photos on the before after thread but came across a pic from July 4th that I can tell a huge difference in.

1448878129_f44c512920_b.jpg

And today...

1449732644_ba72abbfbc_b.jpg

Ragdoll,

I couldn't open your pictures. Darn! I would have loved to see them! I havn't gotten to post in too long. Busy at work. Well, remember I had my last fill on Sept 27. Well, I still havn't weighed myself. I am going to on Monday morning. I am very afraid. This last week as my wgh date gets closer, I have been freaking out and sabotaging myself. I am like that..when I start to succeed wght wise, I start to punish myself by over eating. But, maybe I can get back on track today and the rest of the weekend and have lost at least 10 pds. I was 206 on 9-27. I'll let ya'll know.

Sheila, way to go on getting off the bp meds...that is one of my main goals.

Blessings and have a beautiful weekend!

Weazer:ranger:

Ragdoll you look MARVELOUS!!!!

How is everyone doing?

I have been out for a few days. Things have been really busy here. I applied for a new job about a month ago, had an interview last week and found out Friday that I was selected for the position. All very exciting. This is a big promotion for me and my dream job. It is a new positons with the agency I work for, and they have stared this new training/intern program. The big downside to it is that it will require for me to live away from my DH for almost a year. The training site is a little over 3 hours from our house. I will be able to come home on weekend, and it is only tempory. And I start on Oct. 15th. So two week to move and start training. I have very mixed emotions, but DH is very supportive.

OH, remeber I had been having heartburn issurs.... Well, when I went to the Doc. last week I was real worried he would insist on giveing me a un-fill. Well, he didnt and we discovered that my problem was from taking my Zyrtec (allergy Med) on an empty tummy. So I stopped doing that and have not had anymore heartburn issues. YEA scales have not moved in the past week. All my fault, stress eating. I know that it will be better after the move. I have resolved TODAY to do better.

Take care all,

Laura

This is my first time posting on the May banders. I was banded in Atlanta on May 08th 2007. I have only lost 23 lbs so far and I'm getting so frusterated. I am trying to make good food choices, but the wieght is just not coming off. I have not lost a pound this month. I have not been exercising though. I wanted to lose around 30 lbs before I started to excercise make it a little eaiser on my heels and knees as I have some pain. I have been getting my Protein in and drinking my Water but the wieght is not coming off.

I have had three fills in a VG 10cc band. I have around 7cc in it. I do have restriction as if I eat to fast I get the lovely pain in the stomach to remind me to slow down. I can eat alot though if I eat slow. I was scheduled for another fill in September but I changed the appointment to October because I didn't think I could take another fill. I do PB if I eat too fast. Any suggestions on % of protein, carbs, fats we should do in a day. How many calories in a day. I know by some of the posts that some take in around 600 to 800 calories. I would starve if that is the case. I still get hungry and do not stay full for 4 hours. Please help me get a handle on this so I can get started losing again.help.gif

I also started an accout on fitday.com to track my calories yeserday. any help will be appreciated.

Hi Roxie1951. I was banded on 5/8 also. I am down 30 pounds. First 7 weeks hardly lost, next 7 did great and been plateaued (is that a word?) up till a few weeks ago. I have 10cc in a 10cc band.

I was able to break thru by digging out all my pre surgery research and reviewing. The 2 things that get me loosing again is exercise and Water control. What I mean by control is NOT drinking for an hour after I eat. If I dring while I eat I can eat a horse. If I play by the rules the band is effective.

Get on a 30 minute a day walk plan, dont drink with meals, and you will be fine. I do about 2000 calories a day.

My surgon tells me I should not be hungry for 4 hours after a meal. Usually that is correct and when I do get hungry it is head hunger. If you sit down with a pen and paper and figure out how to space your meals 4 hours apart with only 3 miles and no Snacks you have an odd schedule. 8AM, Noon, and 4PM. Look out after 8PM. I try to do stretch my 4 hours out a bit without going into to much hunger. If I have to have something at night I have a 120 calorie protien shake. Helps keep the protien up and hunger away. Although there are peaks and valleys we are both loosing about 1.4 pounds per week. I think thats fine. Will be happy with a 70 pound loss over a year. Time flies.

Good Luck.

Laura...

CONGRATS on the new job. Being away from DH will be trying, but channel your frustration to something positive like exercise or a hobby. I know for me being alone makes me much more likely to binge on really naughty stuff.

Weazer...

I am amazed at your self control. I "live" on the scale. I keep telling myself that I should weight once a week or so, but there I am every morning, holding my breath as I step in the little black square. You've got great self control!

I had my first "slime" last night. Oh joy! I guess the fill I had on Monday (2.6 in a 4cc) did something! I'm not sure if I didn't chew well enough (I'm pretty careful) or if the potato was too dry. Had to happen while sitting in the car. I was running late for my son's Water polo match, so I brought my dinner with me, maybe I was distracted. I wsan't sure if I should make a dash for the pool bathroom or not, but it passed after about 15 minutes, yuck!

Sue....your first slime OMG . I am happy because I have not slimed in a few days!!!! I usually slime during dinner with the family because I am talking or trying to rush because I have to drive one of the kids somewhere!! Its awful. I have never pb'd but slime every few days.

Laura, yes, congrats! I am so happy for you. Do you need an assistant to take with you? Ha teasing, I love my job...but gosh I wish it paid better. But, I wake up happy to come to work each day so that means alot to me!

Sue, I have been dieing to weigh in for about 2 weeks. I just know how I am. If that scale dosn't say what I want it to say...I will go into the bluest of funks! Like I said, I know I could have lost more if I hadn't sabotaged myself this last week.

The other night my daughter twisted my arm and made me go to Colters BBQ. I decided to eat some ribs. Well, I took a couple of bites...oh oh, it got stuck so I sat there for awhile hoping it would pass. I realized I was fixing to PB. I didn't think I could make it all the way across the resturant..but the clown that I am...I had to stop half way...grab the wicker basket of breath mints and act like I was going to barf in it...all for the benefit of freaking out my daughter...ha, you should have seen her eyes..they go so big and round! I did manage to make it to the can just in time! I can't eat meat like I used to after this third fill.

Blessings,

Hi 4RE4ME,

Thanks for getting back to me. I am trying very hard to get on track so I can get the scale to move. I have started walking this week and I will try not to snack on anything high calorie. I also started to track everything on fitday.com. What a great free site. It is amazing what I put in my mouth and how fast it adds up. So maybe by seeing it in black and white it will keep me honest with myself. I see you are 50 too. I wonder if it comes off slower when you get older? Anyway thanks for the pep talk I needed it.

I've started using Fitday too, it's really helped me learn alot about the food I eat. One thing I've learned is that if I drop below 1000 cal/day I DON"T loose weight, that seems to be my point for starvation mode, my body seems to panic and hang on to every calorie. After a while when I was on liquids I was having about 600 calories a day and I totally hit a plateau. I started to eat more and then the pounds started dropping. It amazes me that I loose by eating more! My magic number for calories seems to be 1100-1200. I do find that I have to change it up when the weight loss stops. I have to jump start my metabolism by changing what I'm doing, eat more or less, but make a change.

I've also found that the days I eat about 1200 calories are when I lose the next day. If I go below 1000 calories I can't move the scale. If I go above 1500 calories I can't move it either. The days I exercise hard I usually see the scale move the next day. I have trouble just eating 3 meals a day. I usually eat 5 small meals and try to eat some Protein with every meal. I've had three pbing episodes since the surgery. I think I have the right fill for right now. It's exciting to try on clothes and have them hang off of me. I've gone done 2-3 sizes. It really hasn't been hard. Best thing I've ever done for myself. I'm almost starting to believe that I can really be thin again. I had almost given up on it after so many diets and so many years. I'm in my 50's and am feeling optimistic for the first time in a long time.

Surgery in Mexico by Dr Ortiz on the 25th of May

1st fill 1.6 cc July 6

2nd fill 0.4 cc Aug 15

Total 2 cc in a 4 cc band

weight.png

Beach140

You are doing great. Keep up the good work. You have lost 30+ and banded after I was. I do have good news my scale has started to move.Yeaaaaaaaaaa. I stayed the same for a month. Then started to keep track on fitday.com and started to walk a little everyday and suddenly its starting to move. I am so happy. I went through my closet and pulled out jeans that are to big. I'm going to pass them on. I will pray I will never be that big again.

Keep up the good work.

Hey Roxie:

That fitday.com site looks pretty cool. I signed up. Yeah, I would say weight loss is more difficult then it was when we were younger. Not much we can do about that so no sense worrying about it. Getting old sure beats the alternative. Keep up the good work.

Maysters,

Well, I just screwed up my courage and I weighed in this morning. Yes I did lose some weight. 10 pds! I am finally into onederland. Down from 206 to 196. I am happy at the same time...discouraged...I was so hoping that it would be under 195...but, what right do I have to complain. I'll take the 10 pds and try and do the same thing over the next month. If I can lose 10 pds a month...I will be doing really good. I guess the reason that I am a bit discouraged is because I can always diet to this weight..plus more and get to around 185..that's when I get tired of dieting and always gain the weight back. So I guess mentally until the numbers get below 185...I will still not believe it. But, I am going to do this...I am going to succeed! Also, If I hadn't of had those 3 or 4 days last month that I sabotaged myself..the number would have been lower. All in all, the weighing myself once a month is the best route for me.

I can't wait to read all the posts from this past weekend. Soon as I do payroll...I'm back!

Blessings,

Weazer