Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Hey guys!!! I dont know if you remember but I was all stressed out about my bridesmaid dress for my best friends wedding in December. Well let me refresh everyones memory. I had to order the dress a week before I was banded because they were going to discontinue the dress!!! Well I tried on a 22 and it fit just a little big in the boob area (the dress zips on the side). Well I talked it over w/ the girls there and I told them about my surgery and we decided that since I was gonna loose weight that ordering the dress 3 sizes smaller would work fine and that I might need it taken in. Well I got the sixteen and I have lost over 50 lbs and it does not come close to fitting me. I keep telling everyone about the dress and everyone thinks I am exagerating...that the "size 16" dress will fit fine by December 8th. Well I brought to work and showed my co-workers. Well one co-worker wears a size 8...and she tried it on and it was about 3 inches to big for her....the my other co-worker wears a 10 and she fit into it PERFECTLY!!! The dress was 150 dollars and was tagged incorrectly!! UUUUGGGG!!! So I take it back and since the dress is discontinued all they have is a size 4, 20, 24, 26!!! UUUGGGG!! So I had to order the 20 and its gonna need lots of alterations. Imagine that I wasnt crazy at all....STUPID DRESS...and I was beating myself up because it didnt fit!!! I know I have lost a lot weight but me fit in a 9/10!!!LOL!! Maybe if loose another 50 lbs!!

Sandra

255h/242s/192c/165g

My doc told me "eat when you are hungry, and eat until you are full and stop." I eat until I feel satisfied and then quit, I never go for the stuffed feeling. I sometimes have an afternoon snack but it is generally a snack bar with 100 calories and some protien. Or I will eat a piece of lunchmeat for a snack.

My personal trainer would like me to eat 4 or 5 small meals a day but thats too much food for me so I dont even try it. I eat any carbs I will have early in the day and try to stick to just protiens at dinner. I wasnt given any amount of food to eat, just enough to fill me up whatever that is. I have not measured anything and it has been working fine for me.

Welcome Deb, so glad you could join us. You have lost a wonderful amount of weight. You must be so proud! I have tried the ticker thing several times myself (followed directions) to no avail. Again, when my brainiac daughter comes to my office she can do it for me!

Ragster. Hang in there. The PMS shall pass! It is getting close to my time so I usually go into a blue funk for a few days of a couple of weeks too. Maybe this month it won't happen! We can only pray.

Sue,

My doc says eat 3 meals a day. Don't drink till 20 mins after. Take miniscule bites. Drink Protein Shakes.

I just do what I want though! (well I can't be expected to change this late in life!)

I had a smaller lunch today. I am still full 3 1/2 hours later.

Well, y'all have a blessed day...(gotta love Him).

Weazer

Sandra,

So sorry about the dress fiasco! Boy, changing sizes sure is a pain in the patooy!

Weazer

Well maybe my funk is hormonal? TOM was two weeks late last month. Now it is back only two weeks after that one. I understand that weight loss can affect these things but I have always been normal, I would rather not have one at all than it be so screwy! Oh well, even with TOM here again my scale went down another lb. Suddenly my Oct 1st goal isnt looking like such a hard goal to get to. Yeah for me!

If anyone grows out of some size 16s they dont want please hollar at me. I can fit into some of them now but just dont have or want to spend the money to buy new clothes until I am at least down to 199. These 20's and 18's are looking like I should have gold teeth and walk with limp.

Ragdoll... that is hysterical, thanks for the laugh! I will let you know if/when I grow out of the 16s that I am in (it can't come soon enough) My 16 dress pants are getting loose but the jeans are still fitting and some I can't fit into in the store!! I saw a thread on here a long time ago about how much can you pack into a pair of pants because she lost 40 lbs and was wearing the same jeans......and I am right there, they are finally a little baggy but I can't imagine packing another 46 lbs into them. I must have looked like I was going to burst!!!

I mailed some pants to someone else today and I would not mind doing the same.....as soon as I need a smaller size!

Maureen

Hello May bandsters. I finally feel restriction. I have had such a struggle and did not believe this was going to work. It took three fills to finally understand the "..Oh ...Oh!" when you eat too fast, take a what was once normal bite size and swallow or eat the wrong things. I believe I am at 2.ccs now and although I am not fond of the heartbeat in the chest or the need to excuse myself from a table...I am lovin' it!!!!!!!! I know you all understand.

My surgery was 5/23/07 and I could not lose more than 17 lbs. I don't know what I am now, but something is happening because I am able to wear clothes from the back of the closet. This is cool in a weird way:clap2:

Sandra- try googling the dress style and size.. or look on ebay.. you may have better luck with it that way.. just a thought.

I'm also in need of some size 16 pants if anyone is looking to get rid of any!

Well, the weight is just kinda staying at the same point for the last month, but my size is changing.

Today I bought new pants -- 38 inch waist! I started this in April wearing 48s. Wahooooooooo

Ok ladies I have cleaned out my closet and have a couple of size 20 pants, 18 slacks. Let me know so I can play it forward!!

Sandra

255h/242s/192c/165g

Manatee...

to a 38 from a 48...WOW that's great!!! :car:

Isn't it interesting that often when the scale is not moving you can still tell your "loosing" b/c the clothes show it, really reminds me that it's not just about the scale.

Well, the weight is just kinda staying at the same point for the last month, but my size is changing.

Today I bought new pants -- 38 inch waist! I started this in April wearing 48s. Wahooooooooo

Congratulations!!!! You must look great!

Metal - I hear that about the pants! I got some stretchy material jeans that are starting to get loose and I was just thinking how terrible I really must have looked filling those out. Yuck!

Manatee - That is so cool! We want some before and during pics!!

Serenity, So glad your feeling that restriction finally! That 3rd fill is a good one isn't it! I actually got a lump of mashed potatoes stuck in my throat yesterday at lunch and had to run for the can..and pb'd it. Then went back and finished the rest of my lunch with no problem. Maybe I swallowed it to fast..that's all I can think of. The weight will come off..slower for some..but just keep hanging in there! We support you.

Blessings, Weazer

THE scales MOVED!!! YEEE HAAA

I was starting to think they were broke. I get on them and down 2lbs. I am excited again. Was getting old not seeing any change in them. But Sue, you are so right, it is not only about the scales. I do feel and see a big diffrence in my clothes.

Oh, just got to tell you guys what my DH said. It was Saturday and I was helping him in the yard, I had put on these capies,(that uses to be way to small) and this cute little tee. He came up to me and he said "Honey, you do know that I always thought you were beautiful, and that I always found you attractive, right? And I don't want you to take this the wrong way but .... You are HOT now, down right sexy looking" I was blow away. If was funny, he thought I would get mad because I would think he didnt want me when I was "Bigger". It was so sweet.........

Sandra, So sorry about the dress, that has just got to suck.

Deb - Welcome to the group. This is a wonderful place to be.

I go to the Doc today, we will see if what he decides to do about my heartburn issue. I really do not want to have any removed. But, I do trust him to do what is right. And if he says it needs to come out, then I will just have to be tuff and watch what I eat until this gets better.

Take care everyone

Laura

:help:

Hi all!

I haven't posted in a long time, but knew I could come here for some insight. My question: has anyone been losing hair? ?? I have lost just over 50 pounds now, and suddenly my hair is falling out (thank goodness I have lots of it...but I don't want to lose it all!) I am not very good at eating as much Protein as I should, and I am trying to get more each day, but I still am a little nervous. Anyone else???

My weight loss has slowed down quite a bit (only about 5 pounds a month in the past 2 months). I am a little frustrated, but happy it is still going DOWN and not up!

Hope all are doing well, and I am sorry if this issue has already been addressed. I just haven't had time to go back and read all the past posts.

Thanks in advance,

Kathy