Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

I have been out of touch for a little while but need your help. (I also posted on the fill post). Lets see - 4 weeks ago I got my third fill to 2.8 cc's - about 3 weeks ago I started working out with a personal trainer major weight lifting and aerobic activity, about two weeks ago i started feeling a slight irritation in my throat. Today I got another fill and have a definite feeling in my throat.

I am concerned about either slippage or an overfill or a streched pouch! I do not eat more than 1200 calories a day now (this includes my morning Protein Shake for breakfast) lunch (sandwich, usually tuna or pb with s/f jelly) dinner - a little less "official" but NEVER overeat, I do not nor have I ever PB'd, I have gotten stuck about 5 times in 4 months. I get full easier now.

I don't know if others have had temporary issues like I am having (did a lot of searches on this threat and most people with this issue had symptoms way worse than where I am at).

Please respond if you have a free moment, I don't usually post much I know and sometimes don't get much feedback for whatever reason, but I am concerned something could be wrong - I don't want to overreact (which I can do) but want to know if what I am feeling is normal or not.

:help::help::help::help::help::help::):confused:;):confused:

You know it's hard when we have these procedures (and age like we are) because everything we feel becomes a big deal. Here's my Registered Nurse thought...your uncomfortable feeling in your throat may not have any direct link to your banding. It just might be a strain or something viral. See your regular doctor. I don't want you to stress over this. It sounds like otherwise you're coming along good with everything.

How about this one. I have a hernia! What the heck. I was doing the same thing -thinking how did me having this surgery cause me to get a hernia? I had to give my head a shake and realize it was just bad luck. Great- going under the knife twice in one year. Maybe I could talk the surgeon to do a "tummy tuck" while he/she's in there. :whoo:

Anyway - I'm guessing that your ok and this is something simple with no relationship to the band. Hope I helped.

Laurie

Hello Maysters! I am a Junie and read your posts from time to time to get a heads up on my future challenges and for hope, which you have all given me. Your successes are huge!! I love the NSV stories, they are so good to help us when the scale does not move.

lj Like the others said, you may want to call your doctor. Does it fill like you have food in your throat or it is a lump or something? I have this happen. My NP said it is a sign if I over eat and that I am regergitating, my food is coming back up and stays there. It is a gross feeling and does not go away quickly. I watch my portion sizes and since my second fill I do feel fuller and know to stop even when my brain says it is sooooo good!

Hope this helps..

It's been a while since I have been on...............

First of all-Love the dress! You look great!

Second- All my weightloss seems to have come to a halt this month. I am having a hard time staying motivated to eat right. All the healthy foods hurt. The bad ones go down fine. I am not gaining yet, but staying the same. I don't know why I can't get back on the wagon. We are going out of town on a weekend away with my husbands company. I always felt like a cow before. Now I will be 50 lbs. smaller than last year, but not where I wanted to be. YUCK! I don't know what is the matter with me.

Twinmommy-

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!

My scale hasnt moved in a month! And I dont need a fill... I'm overly tight in the mornings and by dinner time I can eat only a very small amount. I've been to the gym and walking more than before...but still nothing!

I have 2 new, tags on, pair of pants that I would like to send to someone who could use them. They are more of dress pants. One is tan and the other is like a grey/black tweed. They are a size 18w and a size 20 (both about the same actually). I never got to wear them and now they do not fit!

I will pay for the shipping and I would only hope that some day you would pay it forward....(like the movie, do something nice for someone else)

Maybe we could start a sisterhood of the traveling pants!

If you are interested let me know!

Maureen

I've hit a plateau this month too. I thought it was due to the very-slight unfil that I had last month, but I am still tight at times. My weight hasn't changed since then. Guess the lower we get in weight, the slower it will come off. I still want to lose at least another 40 lbs! Guess I better step up my exercise, huh.

I had my first bridezilla meltdown this evening.

I'm absolutely livid with my Matron of Honor and Bridesmaids.

I've asked one thing of them.. thats all..and they refuse to even meet me half way.

I hate surprises.. so I've kindly asked them to please let me know when and where the bridal shower will be... not only for my personal information...but also for my work schedule. They refuse.

Then tonight I find out that after asking me about 10 times where we have registered... they left all that info out on the shower invites. What was the point of me making a registry anyway??

I'm so pissed off right now. I had a complete meltdown.... and of course, the fiance does not see why I'm so pissed!!

You have every right to be pissed.....they are there to help make your special day even more special!!! They should at least respect your wishes!!

Do not call yourself Bridezilla.....that is when you have a spoiled brat meltdown, this meltdown is justified!!!

I am sure it will all work out in the end=)

I have 2 new, tags on, pair of pants that I would like to send to someone who could use them. They are more of dress pants. One is tan and the other is like a grey/black tweed. They are a size 18w and a size 20 (both about the same actually). I never got to wear them and now they do not fit!

I will pay for the shipping and I would only hope that some day you would pay it forward....(like the movie, do something nice for someone else)

Maybe we could start a sisterhood of the traveling pants!

If you are interested let me know!

Maureen

I am wearing between a 18-20. I was just going through my closet and thinking i needed to buy pants. Can you tell me what kind they are so I might have an idea if they will fit? If anyone else is not interested. I wear an average length. Thanks!

I am wearing between a 18-20. I was just going through my closet and thinking i needed to buy pants. Can you tell me what kind they are so I might have an idea if they will fit? If anyone else is not interested. I wear an average length. Thanks!

They are Apt 9 I think from Kohls and Villager I think from Kohls or JC Penny.

The tan are like a stretch sort of and sit at the waist. The gray feel more like a wool blend maybe. I would love to send them to you, if you want to PM me your address. I just hate to see them go to waste and since we are all doing so well and not staying at a size too long, it stinks to spend good money and only wear them for a short time.

Let me know,

Maureen

I've been sitting on the same number for two weeks!

Who will join me in a re-commitment to the rules

1. Drink 64oz. Water per day!

2. No sugar!

3. No fried foods! especially chips!

4. No Ice-cream!

5. Exercise a minimum of 20 min/day!

6. snack on fruits, veggies, and whole grains!

Give it a week and see if the scale changes . . . let me know next week.

REFUSE TO GIVE UP!!!

Hey Everyone,

I have an appointment for a fill thursday. I have been able to eat a little more than I should. I have experience a little heartburn the past few weeks. Noting real bad, and not every day, zantac takes care of it. Well, my doc said to tell him if I experienced any heartburn, reflux etc. So when I was making my appointment for the fill I told the nurse about the heartburn. Well she told the doc and they called me today and said that I was to come in at my appontment time and he would talk to me and looks like he might be doing a slight un-fill. Oh well, not what I wanted to hear. But I love my band, and would do almost anything to protect it. I have heard that heartburn and reflux can cause your band to erode, has anyone else heard that? Do not want that to happen.

I've been sitting on the same number for two weeks!

Who will join me in a re-commitment to the rules

REFUSE TO GIVE UP!!!

I'm with ya, Wenjea! Let's do this! :clap2:

Tami