Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

NSV...they're my favorite

I went to a class at my church tonight and saw and old friend that I hadn't seen in 14 years. I have to admit, I had gotten into the habit of dodging old friends, not wanting them to see me. I went to say "Hi" and she responded with "You look great...haven't changed". If she only knew how much I had changed.

Made me think about how it took me 15 years to get where I was...helps me be a little more patient (sometimes) on getting back down.

Another NSV...I crossed my legs to take notes on my lap. I haven't done that in 14 years (my last baby), sure felt "normal". I can truely say I'm starting to feel "normal", instead of always looking around to see if I'm the fattest person in the room. :car:

Is everybody else running out of clothes too? It's really fun to shop the "normal" sizes. Xl are fitting great, and last night I wore my son's L hoodie, put it on just for fun to see how tight it would be. It wasn't tight at all...plenty of room!!! :P

Sue, I'm so happy for you! You are doing great! Wow! truely a awsome amount of weight to loose. Thankfully I have tons of cloths in every size. Plus my sister lost about 50 pds and gave me a bunch of business cloths that I get to wear! I do like to shop though (bargin shop). So it is fun to try on the smaller sizes. Still doing the 14/16. I can wght to get into a smaller size! Not sure what I weigh. But, I hope that on Oct 1rst it will be 10 pds less. Any thing else will be a bonus. If it dosn't say 10 lbs..I will probably have a blue funk for a couple days.

Blessings,

I woke up this morning and decided to try on this white suite with a black pin stripe size 16. I think you are not supposed to wear white after labor day, but I did. Well It was already a little big on me....so I threw it on with a black cami and some strappy sandals. Went to work feeling a little self consious.....I usually wear scrubs and sneakers. It started w/ my kids.....my son said you look skinny MOM....I said its the pin stripes baby......and my daughter said....you look like a skinny mommy now. My boss and co-workers were like wow you can really tell how much you have lost when you wear new clothes......of course I told them this was like 4 yrs old. So that made my day....went to Starbucks and two of the girls there said ....You look great!!! Then for lunch at my regular spot.....4 compliments......my favorite was...."Whatcha trying to do...become a super model?" Even though the scale says 194.....I felt like I was 130 today.

Sandra

255h/242s/194c/165g

Sandra-

Awww that's so cute! Doncha just love it!!!!!! We will probably laugh at ourselves when we get down to 150 or what ever our goal is, but I really do feel attractive again. My daughter tells me that I just wasn't noticing people (men) looking at me before because I wasn't looking...but, I notice that they are noticing me now!

I confess I have been good for the last couple few weeks but last night...I went on a icecream rampage...but back on track today!

Weazer

Sandra - wonderful NSV, I but it makes you feel great. Better get used to gettin those complements!!!

Weazer- must of been something in the air last night I went on an Ice Cream rampage myself. But, I have confess my sins and forgiven myself and am bound and determined to stay on the straight and narrow path today.

Laura

We can do it Laura! Ice cream is my favorite food...that and bacon! Wish I hadn't bought a whole half gallon. Now I have to go home and try to forget it is in the freezer. gggrrrrrrr. I must have eaten half of it yesterday...!

I will not touch it!

Weazer.

Went back to my upholstery class last night after a two month break and one of the guys said,"aren't you just a former shadow of yourself?" I smiled and thanked him for noticing and was surprised that he was the only one who said something. I am starting my second week of staying the exact same weight and living on the plateau. I was feeling a little discouraged and binging a bit so I'm glad he said something. It just reminded me that this is the way my body looses weight and to keep on doin my thing. It will come off sooner or later.

I was crackin myself up Wednesday as I was cleaning out my closet of dresses that were between 10-20 years old. I noticed that everything was a jumper with a high waist, Holly Hobbie style. I can't even remember the last time I wore a dress that wasn't to a wedding! Seems like every time i do laundry now I'm pulling out clothes that are too big. I don't want to buy to much because I don't plan on stopping here but the smaller things in my closet are so dated that I just can't bring myself to wear them anymore.

I'm taking my mom and sister on a little four day cruise on a Celebrity ship at the end of the month and I'm wondering what the heck I'm going to wear. I couldn't even find a coat to fit for last Fridays football game! We need to have our own little clothing exchange on line here.

Wenjea you just reminded me...

I actually was brave enough last night to try on a dress...AND BOUGHT IT!!! SIZE L !!!

I NEVER EVER wear dresses... I brought it home and tried it on for my fiance... he darn near fell off the bed in shock!! He loved it! I'll take a pic in it this weekend and post.

Wenjea,

It is always so much easier to get motivated when someone says something nice like that. Good for you. I see you have had two fills. Are you planning on getting a 3rd soon? That 3rd one really did the trick for me. I am having to be really careful about what I put in my mouth now. Soft mushies. I am afraid to try the steaks that are in my freezer. I have always been able to eat them..but, I don't think I will be able to now. Good thing I love Soup. They have the best Soups here in the hospital cafeteria. So, I am lucky.

My boss usually dosn't say anything about my surg because she knows I am private about it. Well this morning she popped out with. So..how much have you lost? I told her probably 30-35 not sure though. She said. Well you can really tell. That was a nice way to start the mornign.

melissa. You are just doing so good. You have a nice figure right now, just imagine when you hit goal!

Y'all have a beautiful weekend!

Weazer

We can do it Laura! Ice cream is my favorite food...that and bacon! Wish I hadn't bought a whole half gallon. Now I have to go home and try to forget it is in the freezer. gggrrrrrrr. I must have eaten half of it yesterday...!

I will not touch it!

Weazer.

You are so much stronger than me. I could never make it with it sitting in the freezer. It knows my name, and would be calling out to me....."Laura, come eat me"....."Laura, you know you want me"....."Laura, I taste soooo good"

My DH brought home a big bag of oreos, the ones with Peanut Butter in them. OH MY GOD, he said "Here try one" well that was all it took for them to learn my name also. Now I have to live with them calling out to me. Thinking about going in the kitchen and opening the bag and pouring katchup or mustard all over them, maybe that would stop me. Me and my DH are going to have a long talk about having junk food in the house.:tired I am not a strong person when it comes to food, if I was I would not have needed the band.

Oh, I made an appointment for another fill next Wednesday. I have been able to eat way to much the past two week and have not lost anything. I was doing so well, hope to get back to my sweet spot. I sure it has nothing to do with the fact I have been very lazy about exercising.:) I dont know what is wrong with me. I have been in this lazy, ice cream eating funk lately. I love my band, if it were not for this wonderful tool I would have eaten the paint off the walls and gained back at least 20 pounds. :hungry: I am thinking a trip to my doc, maybe a small fill, and the support meeting on the 27th will jerk me out of this funk.

Hope everyone else is doing fine. Sorry to rambel on, but you guy are the only ones who can relate to what I am going thru.

Laura

Laura - That's so funny! I am that way too, and I forgot my other favorite food..Orea Cookies! No way I could resist if they were in the house. My daughter really helped me out last night when I went to "sniff" the icecream. She was like mom, you can't eat that and gave me to tiny bites...then she said..I'll just eat a big bowl and it will be gone sooner. Isn't she sweet! (Not). Well, she should finish it off tonight and I won't worry. I had some sugar free pudding at lunch and it was pretty good. Honestly..this is the first time in my life that I like the real food better than the sweets.

So now what do you have fill wise? 2.7? Do you have a 4cc band?

You'll get back on track. I don't think there has ever been a bandit who hasn't fallen off the wagon. That next fill is going to get you back on track.

Blessings,

Laura - That's so funny! I am that way too, and I forgot my other favorite food..Orea Cookies! No way I could resist if they were in the house. My daughter really helped me out last night when I went to "sniff" the icecream. She was like mom, you can't eat that and gave me to tiny bites...then she said..I'll just eat a big bowl and it will be gone sooner. Isn't she sweet! (Not). Well, she should finish it off tonight and I won't worry. I had some sugar free pudding at lunch and it was pretty good. Honestly..this is the first time in my life that I like the real food better than the sweets.

So now what do you have fill wise? 2.7? Do you have a 4cc band?

You'll get back on track. I don't think there has ever been a bandit who hasn't fallen off the wagon. That next fill is going to get you back on track.

Blessings,

Thanks for the word of encouragement, it sure helps. I know that this is a life-long thing, I cant expect to not never, ever eat an oreo cookie or ice cream again.

I have a 4cc with 2.5 in it. Sure hope that it helps.

OK...I have a rather goofy NSV. Did you know you loose weight in your nose too? The other day I put on my glasses that I wear for work and the nose piece was riding on the bridge of my nose, I thought I had bent them. Then today I put on my other pair...same thing! I guess my nose got skinnier (LOL), I had to pinch in the nose peice. I suppose you loose weight everywhere, but I never thougth I'd shrink out of my glasses!!! LOL LOL LOL

I have been out of touch for a little while but need your help. (I also posted on the fill post). Lets see - 4 weeks ago I got my third fill to 2.8 cc's - about 3 weeks ago I started working out with a personal trainer major weight lifting and aerobic activity, about two weeks ago i started feeling a slight irritation in my throat. Today I got another fill and have a definite feeling in my throat.

I am concerned about either slippage or an overfill or a streched pouch! I do not eat more than 1200 calories a day now (this includes my morning Protein Shake for breakfast) lunch (sandwich, usually tuna or pb with s/f jelly) dinner - a little less "official" but NEVER overeat, I do not nor have I ever PB'd, I have gotten stuck about 5 times in 4 months. I get full easier now.

I don't know if others have had temporary issues like I am having (did a lot of searches on this threat and most people with this issue had symptoms way worse than where I am at).

Please respond if you have a free moment, I don't usually post much I know and sometimes don't get much feedback for whatever reason, but I am concerned something could be wrong - I don't want to overreact (which I can do) but want to know if what I am feeling is normal or not.

:help::help::help::help::help::help::):confused:;):confused: