Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

I have a new goal to set. I finally talked my DH into going on a cruise (Mexico). I've been working on him for over 10 years to go. He is very active (biking etc...) and always figured there wouldn't be enough to do on a boat, no mater how much anyone tried to convince him otherwise. We're going with 10 couples from our church for 8 days, so there will be plenty to do! I'm just not sure where to set my weight goal for January 11th. I want to motivate myself, but not set myself up to fail, and there is the holidays between now & then...yikes! I'm also trying to figure out what to buy in clothes. Now's a great time to buy summer clothes on clearance, but what SIZE???

Cindy...

I went shopping yesterday too. I needed some jeans (I wear them to work everyday and I only have 1 pair that still fit). I ended up buying the same brand/style that I've been buying, only I bought the 18's rather than the 22's. It was buy 1 get 1 1/2 off, so I bought a 16 for the future, I can get them on & zipped, but it isn't pretty...yet...someday (soon)!

I tried on some old 14's the other day....and some fit....but they look different on me. My body is all deformed in some areas. I was a little bumbed about it....I remember being in a 14 and not looking to shabby!! My body is just different now....I have these hughe indentions on the sides of my butt....looks funny in slacks. My husband says I just need more excersize...the running/walking is not cutting in.

Sandra

255h/242s/197c/165g

I can relate to the odd shape. I have not so loving nicknamed my sadle bags as my "butt boobs". They don't seem to be going down at the same rate as the rest of my body. Really ugly buldge on eachside that are on the verge of "hanging". I can relate to the lady on "Big Medicine", if you've seen that episode you'll know what I'm talking about. I'm really glad I saw that show, something comforting about knowing that there is someone out there with "butt boobs" way bigger than mine...LOL

Oh well, it might just have to be Lipo some day.

I just got back from the gym..and I'm proud of myself.. I did 15 minutes on the elliptical without stopping!! I'm a treadmill or bike type of gal... couldnt ever do the elliptical until today!!!

Melissa that is so true. We are all so hard on ourselves, especially now since the banding. I think modification is the key, and the band should be helping us with that aspect (I hope). At least I find myself eating less of the "bad" foods than I did before. I have been straying off lately, but before banding, it would have been so much worse. I can now just get right back on track.

Good luck everyone, you're all doing awesome.

Cindy

exactly :clap2:

great discussion yall - and another reason why this place is so great!

Margaret- I'm sorry you are sad about your son going to college - hang in there!

Sandra and Sue- butt boobs - ha :) I can sympathize- I'm losing my weight very differently now than I did- my thighs and heiny are more stubborn to change than usual- I'm now a good 2 - 3 sizes smaller on top than bottom. Both are shrinking but just in different proportions. oh well. Thats what Spanx and plastic surgery are for!

I just got back from the gym..and I'm proud of myself.. I did 15 minutes on the elliptical without stopping!! I'm a treadmill or bike type of gal... couldnt ever do the elliptical until today!!!

congrats!

Ragdoll, I'm a apple...face, stomach and boobs are where I carry the wght! We are shrinking!

Melissa - Way to go on the elliptical!

I have been doing weight training for an hour at a time and only getting in 10 to 15 minutes of cardio. I think I need to step it up. I cant wait to take my monthly photos this time. I just know there has to be a noticable difference from last month. Thats still almost 3 weeks away but hey its something to work toward!

first - after reading the last four pages to catch up I must confess I ate a dipped ice-cream cone from Dairy Queen last night. . . and it was very good! But, it was very bad for me so back on the wagon I go with determination from all of you.

I'm doing my plateau thing after my week of rapid weight loss which is just how I do it. 'drop and sit' should be my new middle name. I did get the tape measure out though which I haven't done in two months and I had dropped 15 1/4 inches since the last time I measured!! and I was at a board meeting last night and someone who I hadn't seen me all summer told me how thin my face was looking. I love it when people notice!

Thank you! I'm gonna attempt the elliptical again today after my lunch (early lunch) settles.

Lunch today was FF refried Beans topped with hot sauce, a sprinkle of cheddar cheese, lettuce and tomato.. and of course a dollop of low fat sour cream. Yummy and very filling.

Sue11, A Mexican cruise sounds great, what a nice reward for all of your hard work, nice treat! Wish I could talk my husband into one (he has no desire to go on a cruise). Maybe he and I could go to Antigua!!

Sandra, Yea for Size 14, I can't wait. Good for you and even better, you're not considered a pile anymore! Don't worry about the shape, my hope is that that will figure itself out.

Melissa, Congrats on the eliptical. Doesn't it feel good to accomplish something that is so hard for us! Keep up the great work.

Ragdoll, Good for you on the workout. My goodness, but a trainer must be nice. Really works your butt off I bet, and makes you accountable. Maybe that would be a good push at my house, something is definitely needed here! PS..I wish I had a friend who no longer needed her Size 14s and shopped at the Gap! Nice incentive.

Weazer, how nice that that coworker noticed. I bet you walked on your toes for the rest of the day! Makes you gear up and stick to something that much harder.

Hope I didn't forget anyone, everyone's done SO well, just wanted to give you all a pat on the back.

YEA US!!!!

Cindy

Wenjea - These posts sure are encouraging arn't they! I know there will come a day that I have ice-cream again...but, like you..I will get right back on track. And anyway...you didn't eat a cone, a chocolate covered bannana and a joho! So you probably didn't eat as many calories as it might seem.

Melissa - you have got me hooked on your FF refried Beans. I bought two cans last week and some of that FF sour cream..although, I noticed the regular was close in calories to the FF. I may try the FF kind next week. They were delicious. I ate the whole can for dinner. How do you warm yours up? I put mine in a frying pan and it made a mess...maybe I'll nuc it next time.

Well, I decided when I will weigh next. I am going to wait till one month from when I had my last fill. So Sept 28th I will weigh in. The pants that I am wearing today are ridiculously big! They are high waisted and I am still able to pull them down without unbuttoning and unzipping them. I will not be wearing these anymore! I can't weight till Sept 28!

Whoo Hoo...life is good!

Blessings, Weazer

Wow Weazer! You have some kind of awesome scale willpower. I think I would freak out if I didnt get on mine every day. If its good to me it encourages me to continue to eat well and go to the gym. If it has no change like the last two weeks almost it still encourages me to get moving and keep eating well.

I would die if my batteries in my scale went bad.

You are a stronger woman than I!

Weazer-

I put my Beans in the microwave for about 30 seconds... stir it.. then throw the sprinkle of cheddar cheese on top and microwave for about another 30 seconds.

I've done the pan heating thing and yes, it does make a mess!

Cindy-

YES! It feels great!! Before (couple years back) when I tried to do the elliptical I couldn't get further than 2 minutes ...

I'm shooting for somewhere between 15-20 minutes today... I'm off to the gym now.. I'll let you guys know how it went when I come back!!

The scale is my enemy! Everytime I walk in the bathroom it runs and hides...it is afraid for me to stand on it! Ha Ha! But I always find him...usually hiding behind the bathroom door! He will be getting a break for a month though!

Weazer

P.S. I had a much better lunch today...no pbing...what a relief!

Weazy