Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Cindyluhu- It could just be a difference in the scale. Start fresh in the morning!

Raysbabe- You look AWESOME! Totally different person.

All- I got my 3rd fill today (2.1 in a 4cc band). She told me to stay away from Liquid Protein except for the first 24 hrs. after fills. I thought I was doing bad because the scale hasn't moved in two weeks, but I had lost 7 lbs. since three weeks ago.

NSV- I went shopping with thin Hubby yesterday.........he had a smile on his face the whole time. He just kept telling me how pretty I was and how proud he was of me. It was so sweet! That was honestly the firsttime I have felt pretty in a long time. I used to get depressed shopping. This time it was fun!

Well, things are still going quite good. My workout routine is lots of fun and very effective. I just tried kickboxing tonight and it was a blast.

I'm in the process of planning a 100lb weight loss victory trip to Maui - and I wondered how everyone else is planning to Celebrate? Or have you already celebrated?

Even though I'm planning this trip (for December) I'm still looking for ways to motivate myself in the meantime. This is the hard times of weight loss - just comfortable enough to start picking up bad habits!

MaryumC

weight.png

Wow! You've lost 81 pounds since May!!!! That's incredible! Hawaii sounds like a great 100 pound reward. I think it will take me longer then December to see that. I've reached my first two goals and now am working on #3. In 21 more pounds I will have passed from obese to just overweight. I think it is if you are more then 30% above your ideal weight then you are considered obese, right? and if your BMI is above 40 then you are morbidly obese. Correct me if it's different then that please.

I was at a dinner party tonight and someone brought these Sorbet's from costco that are in the fruit of whatever flavor it is. Ex: pineapple sorbet was in 1/2 a small pineapple and Mandarin orange was in a mandarin peel. My friend is on Weight Watchers and she said they were worth 1 point ea.They were yummy and made me feel like I was eating Ice-cream. Who knew about these and didn't tell me before now???

Ragdoll - I just read your post from yesterday about the weights and not seeming to lose wght. Well, just keep up the good work. That wght lifting is going to do awsome things for the shape of your body. I love it better than arobics. I know we should do both...but it's hard to do something you don't like to do. One day you are going to have and hourglass figure..you just wait and see!

Sue11 and Cindy - I've been stuck on a plateau for awhile now too. About a month so I can relate! I am going to just keep on keeping on and not get too discouraged...if my daughter can lose 150pds in a year and a half..I know I can lose a significant amount in a year or so too! We just gotta be patient!

Raysbabe - you are a babe! you look so pretty!

Twinmommy - I just got my 3rd fill yesterday too! 2.5 cc in a 4cc band. Why did your doc tell you to stay away from liquid Protein after the 1rst 24 hours? I am curious.

Maryumc - you are doing awsome! I am so happy for you and glad you are going to Maui for your 100# celebration. Honestly, I am so far from goal that I havn't even fiqured out what to do to Celebrate when I reach it. I am not one to spoil myself much..so I didn't even think about it, but ya know, your right on...I will celebrate when I reach goal. I am going to go somewhere special too!

Wenjea - I havn't tried the sorbet..but I am addicted to the sugarfree popcyle brand popcycle's. they only have 15cals each and taste sooo good. I love the orange and red.

blessings all, have a wonderful weekend.

Weazer

Raysbabe,.....all I can say is WOW!!!

I think I have hit a plateau or maybe I am crazy. First week since I was banded that I have had NO weight loss!!! I knew it would happen eventually....and I can deal.....I hope. I need to take my own words of advise and pump up the Water, Protein, and the exercise. I have missed my period again....I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. This is the second period I've missed since banding....and I have always been so regular. Do you guys think I should be worried and call my OB/GYN?? Now I did hear from the grape vine that if you loose a certain amount of body fat to quickly you will miss periods. Has anyone heard that before???

Sandra

255h/242s/199c/165g

Sandra..

I've had irregular periods since being banded... the first month I was about 4 days late, 2nd month (and back on the pill) I was 3 days late, last month I hardly had a period.

I've heard the anesthesia and weightloss can both make periods irregular. Give it a couple more days, then maybe call your OBGYN.

Sandra

I have such bad cramps right now....I would be grateful for a missed period once in a while!!! JK....If I were you, I would probably ask my ob/gyn what they think. I doesn't hurt to ask, it may be normal.

I had another bad morning with trying to eat breakfast and sliming and barfing!!! I guess its Protein Shakes or nothing for me in the am! My band gets up wrong side of the bed everyday! I wish I had the restriction at night instead....oh well!

Good Luck and Have a nice long weekend to all my bandmates!

I FINALLY got out to the gym yesterday for about an hour (cardio and resistance).. AND the fiance went with me!! I darn near died of shock when he said he'd go! We are gonna start going to a yoga class thats held every Wednesday night there... that should be fun.

Yesterday I resisted the urge to eat pizza for lunch. Work ordered pizza for the entire dept... which I declined and ate my cottage cheese and yogurt with kashi granola... half because I was down 2lbs yesterday morning.. half because I didnt want an embarrassing PB session at work!!

Love your ticker Sandra...I have tried several times to get one too but I gave up! Maybe I will get my computer savvy daughter to help me fiqure it out one day!

Melissa - good for you resisting the pizza. I think I am going to try and go two weeks without reading the scale...I swear that for me it is a trigger to overeat when the scale dosn't say I what I think it should. I said I would try to go two weeks....

I hit 50 lbs. this morning! Yee Haw! Five more lbs. and I will be halfway to goal! In October I am going to start getting my nails done to Celebrate. This month I am going to Colorado to see my mom and go to a ladies retreat. It will be a nice break form the Texas heat.

Twinmommy - doesn't that 50pound mark feel good! Way to go! That half way mark is just a few days away!!

Everybody is doing soooo good. May must have been a great time to get banded!

Thats awesome!

I cant wait to hit the 50 lb mark... its just around the corner... hopefully within the next month.

I shoot for 8 lbs a month...(seems reasonable)...I usually hit 10 or more a month. So hopefully by the end of September I will hit 50 lbs lost. I have 34 lbs till goal...my goal weight is 165. That was my college weight...before kids. Highschool I weighed about 140-150 so I figured 165 puts me at about a size 11-12...I am 5'7 so I would be happy there, but like I said 150 would be icing on the cake!!! LOL!!! We are all doing great!!

Sandra

I know you guys are probably looking at my ticker and saying....hello 56 lbs lost....that was from my highest weight starting in January of this year....since banding I have lost 43 lbs.!!

Sandra

255h/242s/199c/165g