Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Good morning ladies...

Well.. I got a job... not THE job (didnt hear anything back yet)... but I did get a long term temp job processing passports... pay isnt that bad...hours are great (7-3:30... so I'll still be able to make my daughter's field hockey games).

I had my Protein Shake this morning... trying to be good... I havent weighed in a week due to TOM... hopefully I'll get the courage to weigh this weekend!

Hey that sounds interesting! Passports huh? Hey can you check on mine when you start please? It's been 12 weeks....LOL good thing we were able to go online and show proof we applied because our vacation is already over! Good luck, I hope it turns out to be interesting and the days fly by!

I finally hit ONE-DER-LAND!! I didnt think I was going to make it for a couple of more days...I had gainned a pound and then TOM is coming soon. I cant believe it....I weighed 3 times.....I usally stip down to naked, but I figured that it would have not changed so I just weighed w/ a tshirt and some shorts. I love the band!!!!!! Well after the offical weigh in I sat on the toilet as my 3 big dogs licked my legs. My husband worked late so he is still asleep....I soooooo want to wake him to tell him, So you guys are the first to know!!!! I am headed to the beach w/ my kids...last weekend of summer break for them.

Sandra

255h/242s/199c/165g

WAY TO GO SANDRA!!!!!

Well, I got my official rejection letter from the job I wanted SO bad. I had a feeling it was coming.. but I just dont understand... they're asking for 0-2 years fraud experience.. I HAVE FOUR + YEARS!!

but I DO have a job now... hopefully it works out well.

I'm on a mission today ... to organize our room.. which includes taking all of my fiance's certificates and awards from the Army..frame them and hang them up. He's working today so hopefully it'll be a nice surprise to him. As much as I HATE the war and what its done to him.. I'm very VERY proud of his accomplishments.

WAY TO GO SANDRA!!!!!

Well, I got my official rejection letter from the job I wanted SO bad. I had a feeling it was coming.. but I just dont understand... they're asking for 0-2 years fraud experience.. I HAVE FOUR + YEARS!!

but I DO have a job now... hopefully it works out well.

I'm on a mission today ... to organize our room.. which includes taking all of my fiance's certificates and awards from the Army..frame them and hang them up. He's working today so hopefully it'll be a nice surprise to him. As much as I HATE the war and what its done to him.. I'm very VERY proud of his accomplishments.

Thank him for his service.....It is because of brave souls like him that we enjoy the life and freedoms in this country!!! God Bless!

Melissa...

I echo, thank you to your fiance & to you. I think most all will agree that any form of war is not where we as a country truely want to be, but God bless those who are out there getting the job done!!! We truely would all suffer without our faithful military men/women. I pray for our military heros and their families daily!!!

I was just talking with a friend who is researching the band. Her husband will be coming home in a few weeks from Iraqu (more than a year). She's been struggling and wants to make a change, and the stress of her husband being gone and parenting alone has added to the struggle of making a decision.

Thank you ladies..

As of the 28th he is officially out of the military. I was able to frame all of his certificates, awards and badges..tomorrow I'll work on hanging them. It all turned out really nice and he really liked everything.

I got another major headache again today.... this has been going on for about a week now and I think its time to call the Dr. I think it may be from stress.

I did the happy dance all day yesterday....I finally hit the 50 lbs lost mark.....I so love my band, Daisy!

Hey May bandsters! I have been reading up on all of you and it is great to hear about the success and life changes everyone has made. I haven't been on because things have been going so well. Losing weight and working out! Sometimes PBing and getting food stuck which totally sucks. Weight loss has slowed down considerably now and it is difficult not to get discouraged. I am losing only about a half pound a week. Anyone else slowed down with this. Also, I find that I can eat a lot a night and almost nothing in the morning - is this normal?

Johanna - That's me exactly. I'm losing about 5 pounds a month now and can only get a shake down in the morning but could eat just about anything for dinner. My second fill made a huge difference in the amount of food I can eat before it all turns to slime and comes back up. It seems to be a daily occurance now but I don't mind because it reminds me to take small bites and eat slowly.

Johanna & Wenjea,

Me too but I think it's OK. When I went to my support group we talked about plateaus and what they mean. The scale won't move until our bodies adjust to the recent weight loss. Lapbanders will have WAY more plateaus or leveling off periods than bypass people who just drop handfuls of weight and change 6-10 sizes when it all comes to a screeching halt. They way we are doing it, we have a chance to let our skin rest alittle bit and wrap our heads around the change before we change again. This totally explains why I didn't have my TOM in july. Everything is back to normal again and I dropped another lb -- yeah!

Sounds like it is a common thing. Tight in the morning and loose at night. It is a shame that it is not the opposite! They say it is best to eat less at night and more in the morning!

I've updated my signature with a new mini goal...BMI of 39.9 (which would be 218 for me) and no longer morbidly obese. I'd still love to hit my old mini goal of 199 before our wedding...

Right now I just wanna see the 220's!!!

The scale hasn't budged in a week but I am SUPER restricted. I took a quick bite of my daughter's chicken last night to make sure it tasted right..and got stuck. I've been doing a Protein Shake every morning for the past 2 weeks and this morning I jumped on the bike to ride for 20 min.. I'm gonna do a little with the hand weights later.

...and now my stomach is GROWLING.. flat out demanding that I feed it... so off I go... GOOD CHOICES GOOD CHOICES GOOD CHOICES!!!!!!!

I finally hit ONE-DER-LAND!! I didnt think I was going to make it for a couple of more days...I had gainned a pound and then TOM is coming soon. I cant believe it....I weighed 3 times.....I usally stip down to naked, but I figured that it would have not changed so I just weighed w/ a tshirt and some shorts. I love the band!!!!!! Well after the offical weigh in I sat on the toilet as my 3 big dogs licked my legs. My husband worked late so he is still asleep....I soooooo want to wake him to tell him, So you guys are the first to know!!!! I am headed to the beach w/ my kids...last weekend of summer break for them.

Sandra

255h/242s/199c/165g

Sandra

Woo Hoo, Yea for you. You must be ecstatic! What a great feeling!

Keep up the great work. Are you going to treat yourself to something special? You deserve it!

Cindy