Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

I used a photo editing software to make my pics side by side. You can post them side by side but they wont be cropped like mine were. If you use post new message instead of quick reply and click on the mountain icon you can post them that way if they are small enough.

Im clueless really!! I cant even figure out how to add a blurb to myspace.

Hi Guys,

I just read a few pages and find so much encouragement here. I think I have gained 2lbs, not that it bothers me much but I also have a dr's appt this afternoon and they will surely yell at me. I don't want to go in there defensive but they will want me to rationalize what I'm doing wrong. I so far have refused getting a fill. My surgery was May 14th and without the fill I have lost 26lbs. All my clothes hang and I missed my period all of July. I know my body is going through all kinds of changes and I have a feeling that doctors won't listen to me and only what the scale says. Oh, I wanted to mention why I won't get a fill. I can't afford it. My surgery was self pay and I as a single Mom I pinch every penny and my decision not to get a fill is purely financial. I truly believe this is a giant learning process and as someone mentioned before me, 3 months and I would have quit. I don't feel hopeless today. How's my attitude? Thanks.

PS: When I touch my port area, it is still really pressure sensitive. Anyone still hurt like I do?

O.k. Maybe one day we can go white Water rafting! Can you imagin doing it in the Grand Canyon!

janine, I have been looking for a thread about that lump in your throat, I know I've seen it before..not having any luck. If I see anything I will let you know.

Melissa, Yay, your baby is back....plenty of hugs! They make my day too!

Patty, I feel for ya, I am a single mom to and I know how hard it can be. I see you have four kids...my you are blessed.

If you like I will pray for you to come up with the funds to get your fill...how much would it cost? Sometimes prayer is all we single girls got! God has been very good to me and I feel very blessed for my home and car and pretty good job. I don't take nothing for granted.

Blessings, Weazer

Thanks Weazer,

You have some powerful prayers cause I just got back from my appt and I lost 3lbs! The dr didn't yell at me and was totally happy with my progress. I don't need a fill and he said that we can keep it that way if I keep losing! Thanks friend.

Melissa - I'm glad your daughter is back but am a little sad today because i sent my son off across the country in a moving truck with his new wife. I totally held it together until that last hug and then i started sobbing . . . I am excited for their adventure but sad for myself since they will be gone for four years. I want to eat chocolate to make myself feel better. I will see them at Christmas though so that's not to far.

Twinmommy - you are doing great on your weight loss! I have hit another plateau and of course I also weigh every morning . . .naked . . . after I pee. . . . cuz I can't help myself. My last plateau lasted for almost three weeks so I think that every once in awhile my body takes a time out to readjust the fat around to different places. LOL

I like the idea of a one year reunion. How about New York! Great shopping! Great discount places! And lots of walking!

I am finding it a lot harder to eat volume after my second fill. After about four spoon fulls stuff seems to be in my esophagus and I'm in the bathroom PBing it up. Do you think we could become balimic from this? My doc likes to put in more fill every month but since it's $120 a pop I think I will wait and see how my weight loss is going before I get another one.

Mini, thanks I am looking too. I appreciate it. I ate slow all day yesterday and the food feeling was gone, but there is this lump in there. Someone asked if it might be my thyroid? not sure. I go to the doc next Friday. I will hang in there until then.

TGIF

Wenjea- I cant imagine how I'll feel when she goes away for college!! Makes me emotional just thinking about it.

however.. she is back the the old kid I know... we were home for about an hour and she took off to her friends house up the street..and stayed there swimming and playing all day.

Last night was SO frustraiting. I went back to Penny's to find a new suit jacket b/c the only one I have is HUGE on me.. they are having a sale buy one get one for $1... so I tried on pants.. they fit great.. size 16 but were about 13 inches TOO long!!...and didint have short sizes.. so I went to the petite section.. couldnt even get them up over my reer.. I must have tried on 15 pairs of pants... finally found ones that would work. I got a suit (jacket and pants) 2 nice sweater tops and a handbang for our cousin for her bday this weekend.. only spent $105.. not bad.

Patty - Awsome 3lbs! You are doing magnificent! See you worried about the doc yelling for nothing! I used to do that all the time (worry in advance) I am finally learning to not do that. It was probably one of the changes in myself that I am most proud of. Course now I know who I can give my cares too!

Winjea - I have had two fills but can still eat too much volume. But, it looks like you have 2.7 cc...and I only have 2cc. Maybe that .7 makes a big diff. I can't wait to get myself a 3rd fill next month. Thankfully I got back on track yesterday after the browning disaster the day before!

Oh, I was wondering if you have ins and which one. I have UHC and it pays for the fills.

Janine - It will drive me crazy till I find that thread. I bet that lump feeling has something to do with the band and not your thyroid...but only the doc will know. I will keep searching for that thread.

Melissa - Isn't is funny how our kids can torture us! Last weekend after my daughter got home after her month and a half visit with dad..she says, sorry mom but Linsay misses me so I promised her I would spend the night! I'm like not wanting to shatter her 13yr old world by telling her no..but, darn I missed her. I told her, it is fine, but next time, make sure and ask me first. She grinned sheepishly and said o.k.

Kids!

Blessings, Weazer

Did someone say NEW YORK????

Wenjea that would be awsome!!!

Melissa......I hate trying on clothes!!! UUUUGGGG!!! I am guess you are on the short side??? Well I am tall....but not tall enough for the tall clothes and not short enough for the regular...so I always suffer with my pants.......If I buy Tall I have to wear a good heel....but then sometimes I dont want to look like Amazon women 6 ft tall!!! LOL!!! I swear we all have issues!!! LOL!!!

Sandra

255h/242s/202c/165g

Hi everyone, I just got back from my second fill, fluro this time and what a nice thing that is! Also, the doctor said he put so little in that this may be my last fill...and it was only my second one...my weight loss had slowed down so that is why I went but when I told him I had started working with a trainer he told me to relax a little because everything is working the way it should be!

Thanks jsrico!!

Macysgranny,

Wow! 46 pds and only two fills. That is incredable! You must be feeling great. Keep up the good work. Have you ever trained with weights before? I have my own at home that I use. I love how they make my arms and legs look.

Keep in touch,

Blessings, Weazer

I spent the morning at the hospital emergency room in a great amount of shoulder pain. It's seems I pulled a major tendon in all the packing and loading of the moving truck Wednesday. After two sleepless nights I went in at 5am this morning. I am now sporting a sling for a week and pain meds and muscle relaxers. If it is still painful on Monday they will give me a cortizone shot in it. What we do for our kids!

My blood pressure was way up from being in pain. Have you ever heard of that?

Macysgranny - way to go on your weight loss, you must be doing everything right!