Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Does anyone out there still have port pain?

I was fully prepared for it to be uncomfortable if I made harsh or sudden movements. lt pulls whenever I bend, twist or use my abs at all, trying to tie my left (portside) shoe is still quite uncomfortable. Everyone I've been around has to feel for thier port, some can't even find it, mine's right there, like a nice hard golf ball sized lump, you can see it & feel it right under the skin. I'm sure it's nothing, no signs of infection, it just doesn't seem to have gotten any better in the last month.

Mine hurt for a long time until one day I was hanging a curtain and I stretched it too far and I felt a pull/pop, and the pain was gone!! The doc said that I must have popped the last stitch. I think the pain comes from the stitches on the muscle, maybe you still have a lone stitch causing the pain???

I hope it goes away soon for you.....it was so uncomfortable!

Good Luck!

Maureen

Hey gang! I haven't been on in awhile and was just checking in. I'm doing much better since my 3rd fill (meaning seeing some really good results - FINALLY!) I got a no nonsence lady at my last fill. She asked what I was having the most difficult eating and I told her how I wasn't having problems eating anything. Breads, etc. would still go down. She was like, "oh no, we can't have that. You should not be able to eat any bread products". So she did a reverse fill on me (fill it full till the barium can't get through then back it off) I'm up to 3.5 in my 4cc band. It was a little tight the first two days but is really great now. I can eat cottage cheese fine, etc. But that's all I've tried so far. It's only been 4 days since my fill so I've been taking it really slow/easy and mainly just been doing Protein Shakes. The cottage cheese was the first "solid" food I've tried. I'm going to ease back into solids. In the meantime I've dropped like 7 lbs in the 3 days and it's backed off to just 1/2 a pound this past day. Anyway, I'm only 4 lbs away from being UNDER 200 again!!! YEAH! Just keep going! -Rachel

Hi, I'm Stephany, banded May 29th, 2007. I am so glad to find this site. . .how wonderful to find people in the same boat!!!!Thank You!

I am stuck at 22 lb weight loss, is this common? My Dr. hasnt filled me yet, he says I'm "on Target" is that also common?

Hey Stephany! Glad you found us here. I find it very helpful to have a group of people who are in the same stage of bandedness :-) to ask for help and support from.

On the legster front: I just got back from 3 days in Kansas City with my sisters and daughter. We did walk a lot...well wander would be more descriptive. We went to the Nelson-Atkins Museum for a fabulous display of impressionistic art and a 4-story antique mall (only made it through 2 stories). Anyway, we ate regularly and since I'm feeling zero restriction at the moment, I was worried about my weight. Turns out I LOST a pound! Woohoo! I'm getting a fill in 3 days. so I should really be back on track then.

Also, I entered a contest at my gym today. It's a nationwide contest where you "pair up" with another person at your gym and try to lose the most pounds and inches. The prize is a $250 VISA card for each of us. Even though it would be hard to win this, I think it is great to have a goal and accountability to my partner! Wish me luck! :-)

Hi, I'm Stephany, banded May 29th, 2007. I am so glad to find this site. . .how wonderful to find people in the same boat!!!!Thank You!

I am stuck at 22 lb weight loss, is this common? My Dr. hasnt filled me yet, he says I'm "on Target" is that also common?

Welcome.....I am glad that you found us!

Well I had a great weekend!! I finally got the scale moving and am very excited....I thought I need a fill but I am going to hold off till the weight stops coming off. I have worked through the hunger issues.....w/o gainning or getting out of control. I know that when I eat Protein and drink all my Water I dont deal w/ the hunger between meals. Right now I am just sooooo happy to see the numbers 211....its been a long time!! Just cant wait to get to 210!!

Sandra

255h/242s/211c/165g

You are doing excellent Sandra!!!!! That is super to loose that much in such a short time. It has taken me 8 mths to loose 40 pounds and it feel good but I get dicouraged at times. Others have lost 60 - 80 in the same amount of time and I don't get why my body is so slow with the weight loss. I agree with the Protein and Water. It took me a long time to change my ways of not just eating what my mind was craving but what my body needs to be healthy. I am still in a habit of watery foods. I just started to eat salad again and was just fine but today it got stuck after a couple of bites. I guess I let myself get too hungry and tend to want to eat really fast like I used too. It is hard to change and I am still learning. I did get in a pair of shorts this weekend that I haven't worn in a few years and that felt great!!!!!!!! So instead of me whinning about why can't I loose as much as others......I try to focus on the now and the future of getting to my goal and staying there for good. I want to have a size 12 cloths in my closet that fit and three years later are too big or just still fit. I didn't do this to be one of the skinny people just average size and stay there for my long term health.

Your May Bandsters are doing SUPER!!!:) Keep it up and we have each other for the cheerleader raw raw raw!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bandster buddies!!!!:D:Banane44::Banane45::)

Thanks Vikki!!! I feel great today...but who know how I will feel tomorrow!!!! I am crazy when it comes to emotions and weight!!! If I gain I will be upset...if the scale doesnt move in a couple of days I will be really hard on myself....but that is just me!!! Thanks for the motivations....you are doing great too.....40 pounds is a lot of weight!!! You go girl!!!

Sandra

255h/242s/211c/165g

Hi Stephany,

We have the same banding date. I'm stuck at 22# also. i had a fill on on July 17th of 1cc in a 4cc band I feel no restriction at all. What band do you have? I'm discouraged with my weight loss but thankful I'm down something.

Good Luck

Sheila

I finally go some attention that I have lost weight!!! SOOOOO excited to know that people notice!!! My son plays football and went to his practice yesterday, last time I saw these people was at football camp back in the begining of June so about 3 weeks post op!!! Well saw them yesterday and about 5 ladies said....Sandra you look great.....you've lost some serious weight. I was like yes I have 31 pounds!!! I felt great!!! The only thing I regret is that they asked me about my diet and I am like a OPEN book I can never keep stuff or lie to people, so I told them about me having the lap band. They were all jealous and said they wanted one, and some had already started doing the criteria for there insurance to cover!! So I have big mouth!!! Then I went to my mother-n-laws and she said......"your face....its soooo skinny"....Ohhh my you'v lost a lot of weight!!! When did that happen???? I didnt tell her though about the band....I would be totally critized. So there is my exciting news...oooohhh yea I weighed in today at 210. My goal for July was 212 so I beat it by 2 pounds. Goal for August is 202!!!

Sandra

255h/242s/210c/165

Sandra, That's great that people are noticing!

This weekend, I was bent over in front of my sister and she said, "You've lost weight in your butt!". Music to my ears.

I also had a NSV today when I went in for a mammogram. I got back to the dressing room where they have the large and small gowns to put on. Well, I still clearly needed the large, but this year it covered me quite well! Last year I couldn't let go of it for a second or I'd have popped out!

I decided to add some time in the FAR Infrared Sauna to my workout each time this month and see if it seems to help. I kind of like it. Gives me time to just sit and read a magazine and think. Has anyone else tried one?

Does anyone out there still have port pain?

I was fully prepared for it to be uncomfortable if I made harsh or sudden movements. lt pulls whenever I bend, twist or use my abs at all, trying to tie my left (portside) shoe is still quite uncomfortable. Everyone I've been around has to feel for thier port, some can't even find it, mine's right there, like a nice hard golf ball sized lump, you can see it & feel it right under the skin. I'm sure it's nothing, no signs of infection, it just doesn't seem to have gotten any better in the last month.

Sometimes when I lay on my left side at just an angle it is sensitive, but I wouldn't call it pain.

Welcome, yes there are alot of people here in the same boat in fact I come here instead of going to my doctor for questions as it is so easy and everyone is so helpful.

Well I had a great weekend!! I finally got the scale moving and am very excited....I thought I need a fill but I am going to hold off till the weight stops coming off. I have worked through the hunger issues.....w/o gainning or getting out of control. I know that when I eat Protein and drink all my Water I dont deal w/ the hunger between meals. Right now I am just sooooo happy to see the numbers 211....its been a long time!! Just cant wait to get to 210!!

Sandra

255h/242s/211c/165g

Good job, I'm so envious I'm just not seeing the numbers move and wish I had your success...keep up the good work and keep us posted.:clap2: