Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Now that you mention it....my first and only period since banding was the longest one I have ever had (a full 7 days) It wasn't that heavy, just spotting for days. I hope that the next one is normal....actually I hope there isn't a next one!!!!LOL.

Your weight loss is great!! Keep up the good work!

Hope the cycle gets better!

Hi Maureen,

How are you? I am doing good. I got my first fill with a local doctor last Saturday, the 21st. The norm for a first fill in a VG band is 4cc, but I only could handle 3.2cc. I sooo definitely have restriction. It is so nice too. I know my limits but unfortunately found out that I junk food goes down and chews down easily. :eek: I can't gulp more than 3 or 4 sips of Water or juice or I feel it backs up in my throat...lol It has been hard though to figure out meals and such, but I am doing ok with it.

My clothes are definitely looser. I have lost 33lbs since surgery, and 56 total since pre-op diet.

I have a long way to go, but I will get there. :)

Keep in touch and good luck with your weight loss!

Peace,

Judy

Ginger,

Are you just getting saline in your band as a fill??? My doc told me that if my fill didnt last they could put another kind of Fluid in my band that would last longer. He told me that saline evaporates faster in some people so they have something else they can use. I am getting another fill on July 21st.......my first fill was June 20th. I did good for the first 3 weeks but these last two weeks have been super hard.....I am hungry all the time.....in the fridge and pantry just looking for somthing to snack on. So far I have not gainned(THANK GOD)....but then again I really try not to snack.....I just realize what I am doing and snap out of it by making myself busy.....taking a walk, cleaning my closet, doing laundry. I am counting down the hours till my fill!

Sandra

255h/242s/215c/165g

Thanks, Sandra! I am going to ask my dr about that next time I go! I hate that the restriction goes away so fast!

Sue11, METALBAND, sjrgilman:

Thanks for your responses! I feel better already. I have an appt set up on Monday with my ob/gyn. The nurse didn't seem overly concerned, but thought I should be seen next week. I know I'll feel better after that.

Thanks again...I really appreciate your input!:eek:

My visit with the future inlaws is going great... but they keep trying to feed me!!! My future MIL asked me today how I lost so much weight.. if I took pills or anything... and I said.. well, no.. but I do eat better, and exercise.. which is the truth! But they still are commenting about me not eating enough... I kinda feel bad about not telling them.

I've stuck to my diet so far... no cake, Cookies, ice cream... just Protein and veggies..

My period has been late the past 2 months... by about 3 days or so.. heavy like always... the first month there was alot of cramping...

I have been thinking of you......you are doing great!!! I have lost 30 lbs since surgery and have not had a fill yet but the second it starts to slow down I am going to get one. Please let me know how it goes after your fill. I decided not to get one because I am still losing (slowly) but the doc said he would rather wait.

It was good to hear from you,

Cheers,

Maureen

jsrico - That's the first time I have ever read anything about the saline evaporating. If that really happened then we would be getting fills for the rest of our lives. I have heard that you can stretch your stomach by constantly over eating because it is a muscle but if saline evaporated then what about those expensive boob jobs w/saline. . . . .you slowly shrink over time? Bummer!

jsrico - That's the first time I have ever read anything about the saline evaporating. If that really happened then we would be getting fills for the rest of our lives. I have heard that you can stretch your stomach by constantly over eating because it is a muscle but if saline evaporated then what about those expensive boob jobs w/saline. . . . .you slowly shrink over time? Bummer!

I think that people do need to go in for intermittent fills for as long as they have the band because of stuff like this. When I went in this week I had 0.9 cc left of a 1.2 cc first fill- we discussed that the band material is slightly porous and given the location its in (middle of your abdomen cavity) its easy for Fluid to cross out into the abdomen. Some people have faster diffusion that others so some can't use saline; others have minimal loss

breast implants are in a very different environment where the temp is likely to be lower; the material they are enclosed in may not be as porous.. not 100% sure :)

ok- gotta share. SO excited! got on the scale and I was 249.4!!!! the first time I've been below 250 in 7 years!!!!!!! SO excited! I haven't wanted to think about onderland until I was on the "downhill" side of 250 so YEA!

(I'm not going back on the scale for a couple of days cause I don't want to see 250+ land again!)

I think that people do need to go in for intermittent fills for as long as they have the band because of stuff like this. When I went in this week I had 0.9 cc left of a 1.2 cc first fill- we discussed that the band material is slightly porous and given the location its in (middle of your abdomen cavity) its easy for Fluid to cross out into the abdomen. Some people have faster diffusion that others so some can't use saline; others have minimal loss

breast implants are in a very different environment where the temp is likely to be lower; the material they are enclosed in may not be as porous.. not 100% sure :)

ok- gotta share. SO excited! got on the scale and I was 249.4!!!! the first time I've been below 250 in 7 years!!!!!!! SO excited! I haven't wanted to think about onderland until I was on the "downhill" side of 250 so YEA!

(I'm not going back on the scale for a couple of days cause I don't want to see 250+ land again!)

That is so great!!!! Good for you, you must be ecstatic!!! :clap2:I love hearing these stories, it inspires me!!

I am STUCK!!!! No weight loss for me this week!!! UUUUGGGG AAAAARRR!!! Well I get my 2nd fill on Tueseday!!! I havent found any lbs that I lost so I guess I am ok!!! Just wanna see the scale move!!! I got on the scale 4 times this morning hoping that it would say something different.....but NO the stupid scaled wouldnt change its mind!!! Hell I even would shift my body different way to see if the numbers would be different but NOPE!!! UUUUGGG!!! LOL!!! I hope my fill will help get me back to loosing!!! Ya have a great weekend!!! I will report back on Monday!!

Sandra

255h/242s/215c/165

mcgreen...

CONGRATSon breaking the 40's...its sure feels good to be on the downhill "slide" to onederland! Wendy & I refer to it as a "new decade". :) Good idea to stay off the scale for a few days, it's frustrating when you get those little up & down bumps. I'm terrible, I keep telling myself to stay off the scale, to weigh weekly, but there I am, every morning holding my breath until that number flashes (why do we hold our breath...LOL)

Sandra...

Are you feeling restriction? I'm sure your fill will help. I've figured out I stop loosing for about 10 days before TOM, then I drop 2-3 when TOM leaves. I'm learning to have a little patience, not one of my strengths!

Well I had my second fill on Wednesday, July 25th and I've only lost a little over 14 lbs in 2 months. :thinkI mean c'mon it's been exactly 2 months since my initial surgery. What is going on???? I get so disgusted with myself because I think I may be doing something wrong. At the rate I'm going it's going to take almost two years to get this weight off. Seems like a lot of people here have lost double if not more than me.

On a brighter note, my second fill seems to be giving me GREAT restriction. Although it's a little uncomfortable downing yogurt much less Soup. I have the Large AP band and I'm not sur how much it holds? Currently, I have 4.5 cc. Does anyone know how much the large AP band holds?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :help:

Your weight is also lower than allot of our starting weights. I think you loosing 14 lbs in 2 months is awesome. Take every pound you loose as a victory, and keep reaching for your ultimate goal.

Are you exercising? That has been my key this past month.

Start a challenge for August.....if you are only working out 30 min a day, double that, etc....

Good luck, and dont get down on yourself.....it doesnt come off any quicker when you are depressed!!!!!

So yesterday I complained about the scale not moving and not loosing any weight this weeke!!! Well I got on last night and I could beleive the numbers 212!!!! I thought it was a mistake so I weighed again....212!!!! Still didnt believe it....so I just went to bed. This morning I did my usual ritual before weigh in....pee, make the bed, take the dogs out, bring the dogs in and then stip down and weigh......211!!! I have lost a total of 31 lbs in 9 weeks. My goal was to be 212 by July 31st and I am still 4 days away and I am 211!!! I am sooooo excited, but now I wonder if I need another fill??? I am hungry all the time, but I really work through it and dont over eat or snack! It hard but I have learned not to give up!

Sandra

255h/242s/211c/165g

Sandta...

Yaaaaayyyyy!!! It's strange how we get stuck then will often take off again for no known reason, Your body was just ready

Weightingtolose...

Don't be discouraged. 9# in 2 months is great. The experts always say 2# a week is perfect. If you lose faster your losing muscle not just fat. The biggest reason to keep it slow & steady is it gives you body time to respond, a superfast weight lose gives less time for you skin to tighten, lots of droopy saggy skin. Most all of us are going to sag, but a slower lose will minimize it. It's hard to wait, but look at the positives...and remember, 9# is 9#!!!

Hello all!

I haven't posted in a bit, but just read some updates and I'm glad you are all doing very good.

Things are going well for me, no fill yet (by choice). I still eat very good, I think I just needed the band to take the edge off my hunger b/c I can eat around 850 to 1000 calories and have no hunger whatsoever.

Whoever made the comment about folks trying to feed you - I understand. I'm back at work and they eat all the time. I just eat my Lean Cuisine or have small, small portions and I can tell they're all watching. My Mom has been trying to feed me, she swears macoroni and cheese and fried chicken are okay - but I have resisted.

I am loving the way I look and feel. This journey has definitely been worth it. I never thought that I would get frustrated with clothes being too big, but I have a hard time getting dressed everyday!

MaryumC

weight.png