Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Well, first day of eating solids after the second fill, and that restriction is very definitely in place! I can barely get half a small chicken breast down. I can tell I'm going to have to retrain myself with my portions. :car:

Manatee...

Is the VG a 10cc band? Thats great that you're feeling good restriction. Any sliming or PB?

I tried to bump up my 2nd fill (scheduled for Aug 13th), but the doc is full until September. I've got 1.8cc in my 4cc, definitely not enough. I'm still loosing, slowly, but quite hungry. I guess my will power will have to hold my until the 13th.

Well, first day of eating solids after the second fill, and that restriction is very definitely in place! I can barely get half a small chicken breast down. I can tell I'm going to have to retrain myself with my portions. :car:

yea!

Just got my 2nd fill today- forgot how hard the liquid stuff was post banding! Makes me appreciate how hard the month after surgery was

Thank you!

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong... maybe not taking in enough calories... but I'm not losing anything... I'm trying to make the best food choices I can... high in Protein, low in fat... but I'm finding that I'm still unable to get my calories above 1000!! I dont skip meals..... any suggestions?

Melissa,

I haven't lost a pound since my first fill. I am so frustrated! I have restriction in the morning, less at lunch, and none at all at dinner. But, the problem is I am having trouble with solid food. Even soft flaky fish can be a problem - even at dinnertime. Everything needs to have sauce or some moisture to get enough down. Soft, wet food goes down easy; chili for instance is no problem. But I don't want to get into a soft food syndrome, because there can be higher calories and fat in that type of food, and the band needs solid food for this to work correctly.

I hope I'll be better after my next fill on Monday. I am getting plenty of exercise, drinking all my Water. I'm just stuck. My nutritionist did say to me once that you reach the same set points as you lose that you hit when you gained. I guess my body likes 216 and wants to stay here for awhile!!! I have noticed my pants are fitting differently this past week, so perhaps a change is coming. We'll see. I just don't want to let this get me too depressed, because that never helps my eating habits!

In any case, I'm glad you are all here to talk to. I feel like no one else understand what this is like except for the folks here! We are a great support group for each other and I just want to say THANKS to you all!

You inspire me each day!

Hey Nimblebean,

Your weight loss has been great! Unfortunately plateaus happen. Let us know how it goes after your next fill. I have not gotten one yet but I am thinking I need one soon. I am getting hungry especially at night.

Great Job on the challenge......the thread is not getting much response but....it has been a motivator for me!

Good luck and take care,

Maureen

Hello Everyone.

I am going for my 2 fill tommorow, and I am defiantly ready!!!

I am passed my July exercise goal, and am going to Bump my goal for August higher...I do believe that the exercise is a huge key to my hunger, my boredom, and my weight loss.

I feel like I can still eat wayyy too much...I read where someone on here could barely eat on chicken breast...I wish that was me...

Oh well....Just wanted to say hello

Sue11

Thanks. I think I will add a second Unjury to my day, prob in the afternoon. You are right, that would be an awful lot to try to eat. I can

not eat 1 chicken breast, let alone 3!!

PS. I agree, I have the magic bullet and would never be without it again!!

Cindy

hi everyone, I've been on vacation and I'm home for a day and then back again for a couple more weeks. I'm trying to walk and swim a lot in the lake, doing Water arobics and treading Water. I lost a few up there and have five more pounds till my first goal which was to weigh the same as my husband. I hated weighing more then him! My second goal is to get to the half way mark and my third goal is to get below 200 and I never want to see that number again!!!

I am really starting to notice the hanging skin and soft jelly feel to my body. I hope some of that goes away when I start my exercise classes this fall. I am meeting with an exercise physiologist when I return from vacation to design a program for me to help tighten things up. My arms are really flappy! Anyone else starting to notice the changes?

Hi to all A-MAY-zing bandsters!

I haven't posted for awhile, but try to catch up on everyone periodically. I have been busy with typical summer things... travel, ball games, work, etc. It's been hectic!

I have a big question (guys, you don't need to answer): is anyone having unusually heavy or prolonged periods????? I was late for my period this month (probably by about a week...I'm not good at tracking it). Anyway, when I DID finally start, it was lighter than normal. I typically have a light period - about 3 days, with only the 2nd day being anything significant. I can usually wear just one tampon throughout the day, even on my heaviest day (I know, not a good practice). But, this was lighter than normal...THEN, the flood gates opened! I have been bleeding for at least 7 days now. It is heavy (for me)...and shows no sign of stopping. I guess it is considered prolonged, not neccesarily heavy. I am not crampy, no pain, etc. I also have lots of large blood clots...eeewwww! Any ideas??

I have been doing some reading, and it seems like this is not uncommon. But I have not missed a period (other than when pregnant) or have been unusual since the 1st time I started at 12 years old. You could set calendars on my cycles cuz I'm so regular!

HELP!!

I have called my gyn...her nurse will call me back today. I guess I am just looking for some assurance. My hubby is out of town this week, and I need some uplifting!

As far as the band goes, I'm doing well. I have lost 40+ so far, and am wearing clothes that I haven't been able to wear in years! It feels SO GOOD!!!!!

I hope all of you are doing well...it's great to have all of you out there!

Blessings.....:confused:

Kathy...

I've had 2 periods since banding. The 1st was a week late and HEAVY (unheard of for me). The second was back to my normal..on time & very light. I think checking with your gyn is not a bad idea at this point, I'm sure it's just your body adjusting, but it doesn't hurt to check.

I need a fill!! I can't go until August 13th! I am gaining again!!! It seems so strange that these fills are not lasting very long!

Does anyone know if the fills will last longer as time goes on?

I haven't had any trouble with TOM, but let me know if you find out anything from the gyn!

Ginger,

Are you just getting saline in your band as a fill??? My doc told me that if my fill didnt last they could put another kind of Fluid in my band that would last longer. He told me that saline evaporates faster in some people so they have something else they can use. I am getting another fill on July 21st.......my first fill was June 20th. I did good for the first 3 weeks but these last two weeks have been super hard.....I am hungry all the time.....in the fridge and pantry just looking for somthing to snack on. So far I have not gainned(THANK GOD)....but then again I really try not to snack.....I just realize what I am doing and snap out of it by making myself busy.....taking a walk, cleaning my closet, doing laundry. I am counting down the hours till my fill!

Sandra

255h/242s/215c/165g

Now that you mention it....my first and only period since banding was the longest one I have ever had (a full 7 days) It wasn't that heavy, just spotting for days. I hope that the next one is normal....actually I hope there isn't a next one!!!!LOL.

Your weight loss is great!! Keep up the good work!

Hope the cycle gets better!

Hi mommytokk, Yeas I too experienced very heavy flow during my period the last two months. In fact I hadn't had aq period for almost a year and the right after surgery it's back with a vengenance LOL. I was on vacation and spent two days in my room from the pain and heavy flow I was changing pads every hour or so it wasn't fun. I called my Primary physician and he said it was normal nd not to worry. Well it wasn't normal or fun. So no your not alone. But I hope it goes away again LOL.

Good Luck to you, Sheila

Hi Sandra,

Thanks, for your reply about your fill. I have been without a computer for a few days , My AC power adapter went on the fritz. So I had to oder a new one online. I was going thru withdrawl from no Lap band talk LOL. Anyways I'm trying to be cheery I have slowly gained 3 # BACK and I'm bummed out. I never feel full after a hour or two. I'm happy your going for another fill. hope it goes well. Keep us informed .

Good Luck, Sheila