Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Sheila(sjrgilman)

You are doing great...you were banded a week after me and you have lost 24 lbs. As of today I have lost 26..so we are both loosing about the same. I dont know what size band I have...but I know they put 1 cc for my fill. I go back for a second fill next Tuesday. I can soooo tell I need one....I can eat a whole lot more and I am HUNGRY! NOT HEAD HUNGRY EITHER!! My tummy makes some very load noises!! LOL!!

Sandra

255h/242c/216/165g

Sandra, you're right, we are at about the same loss rate. I feel good about it. I lost 7 pounds in the 2 weeks after my first fill, but only 2 in the next 11 days, so I went ahead and scheduled another fill for Aug. 4.

I have the VG 10cc band and got 3cc in my first fill. It did help to a degree for a while, but I basically still have no restriction. If they filled you with 1cc I think it's safe to assume you have the smaller 4cc band. Those are good for getting to the "sweet spot" quicker! I can be patient though. :-)

Congrats Manatee!

I can smell ONEDERLAND! I can't believe it! I will be able to be under 200 and this time it will be FOREVER!!

I am waiting until Friday to get my offical weight. I will be 12 weeks out on Friday and my goal for that was 24lbs. I have already met that, so I am hopeful to make it under 200 by Friday!!

Won't that be cool!!!

Well my fellow a MAY zing bandsters... I went to try on the wedding gown again tonight...and......

the 16 fit!! it was a bit tighter than I would prefer..maybe another 15 lbs or so... and it would fit ok... but I spoke with the seamstress and was told that they can take it in a full 2 sizes so I'm thinking that I'll order the 16!!!

AND...

...for the first time in I dont know how long... I was able to look in a full length mirror and not completely HATE the way I looked... tonight I had a shape (other than round)... I had a waist... and there werent lumps and bumps... I couldnt stop looking!

Thank you!

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong... maybe not taking in enough calories... but I'm not losing anything... I'm trying to make the best food choices I can... high in Protein, low in fat... but I'm finding that I'm still unable to get my calories above 1000!! I dont skip meals..... any suggestions?

Had my barium-assisted fill today. Went from 3 cc to 4.8. Definitely a tighter restriction, and I could actually feel it this time.

If I were to do this over again, I would have had the first fill done this way. The sensations are simply too unusual on that first fill to know if you're telling the doc the right info.

Legster,

I think you may be right about me having the 4 cc band. I am so ready for another fill! Mine is scheduled for July 31st. I just hope I dont gain!! That is my biggest fear!!

Mantee,

Hip Hip Horray!!!!! You are doing great!!!!

Ginger,

You go girl!!! I am 15 lbs from being in ONDERLAND!!!

Melissa,

I am soooooo exited for you!! I am going to be a maid of honor for my best friends wedding in December. I had to by my dress in May a week before I was banded and I tried on the 22 and it fit a little on the big side. The dress was going to be discontiued so I had to order it...I ordered a 16. I hope it fits by December!!! Drink a Protein shake!!! Gives you protein and calories. I noticed that the more protein I get the weight comes off.

Sandra

255h/242s/215c/165g

I did loose another pound

Sandra...

OK... so we both have to put our minds into getting into those size 16 gowns...and be comfortable!!

As much as I dont wanna do it... I think I'll go back on the Protein Shakes .. at least maybe for breakfast..

Melissa I had ran out of my Protein Shake about 3 wks ago. Thats when my weight loss kinda stopped. I started back up w/ them Thursday and the scale is starting to move. What kind do you buy and where??? I can only drink the one from GNC....taste like chocolate milk. I am very picky to the taste of those things.

Sandra

I normally use unjury... but last time they were out of it...and I got something else.. don't remember the name.. but it was really gritty.. Unjury is only like 80 calories.. but 18g of Protein (I think)

What brand from GNC do you use?