Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Laura P,

Thanks I needed to hear that! I get soooooo discouraged when I eat so much less plus exersize and nothing happens on the scale....it just makes want to go eat a greasy double cheese burger and a super sized fries plus some cheese cake!!!LOL I am trying w/ all my might not to give up an screw this up royally!! I am hanging on!!

Sandra

255h/242s/217c/165

Sandra,

I know how it feels believe me. I am finally down 40 pounds but it has been 8 mths for me and I have been like a yo yo with platau then loose a couple then gain a couple then loose a couple. I mean come on body why is it soooooo stuborn!!! I feel it has been the biggest stuggle I have ever had to get this weight off. I am a little over half way to my goal and it feels good. All that hard work and people are finally starting to comment on the weight loss. I don't tell them I have the band but I just tell them portion size and exercise is the key. Of course I leave out the biggest detail of having this tool but I don't want to tell people because it is none of their business. I figure once it is off and staying off I will be more open about it. I am still trying to figure out what is going to make my body a weight loss machine. Hang in there. It is a very hard process and we are all different with what works for our body.

I am still very bitter about skinny people that can eat what ever they want. I just keep asking myself why am I so tortured with weight. I am still working on that with in myself to not be so angry with the genes that I have and why I have to work on it so much when others don't even think about it!!! Good luck you guys!!! We are all in this together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Vicki,

Thanks for your words....we all need a good push sometimes. You are doing good. 40 pounds is still a big accomplishment. We can do it...just gotta push, push and push till we make it.

Sandra

255h/242s/217c/165g

Laura P,

Thanks I needed to hear that! I get soooooo discouraged when I eat so much less plus exersize and nothing happens on the scale....it just makes want to go eat a greasy double cheese burger and a super sized fries plus some cheese cake!!!LOL I am trying w/ all my might not to give up an screw this up royally!! I am hanging on!!

Sandra

255h/242s/217c/165

I could actually gain weight just from reading your post!!!!! That is the only thing I will miss, the greasy double cheeseburger.....and the fries!!!

But I read on here before that nothing tastes as good as thin feels so lets keep up the good work!!!!

Happy Friday!

Hi Sandra, I just read your post. I was banded on May29. and just had my first fill this week. I have been struggling too. Weight is coming off slowly but I'm still hungry They put 1cc in my 4cc band. How much of a fill do you have at this point? Just curious. You don't have to answer. I'm frustated to and can't wait for another fill. thanks for listening.

Sheila

249, 237s,225,130g

so does anyone think the cravings for stuff that made us fat will ever go away??

I really really really have been fixated on popeye's fried chicken for the past 3 days. I may give in and have a drumstick just to get it out of my system and just exercise more that day.

Sandra- you are doing GREAT! I hit a plateau for 2 weeks- no loss and a tiny gain. I upped the resistance on the eliptical and actually varied my calories from 800-1500 and my weight loss restarted

LauraP- thanks for posting that info! Our bodies want to conserve energy- hang in there and we can bust that!

I scheduled an x-ray assisted fill for Tuesday, hopefully the restriction will be better this time.

mcgreen -

I don't think the cravings ever go away, I think the key is to learn how to manage them. For me, my solution is to have what I want in a smaller way so I can move on. When I went through my prep for the surgery, I was given a book with calorie information for all the fast food restaurants, Popeye's included. What I discovered was that I could have a chicken wing and some mashed potatoes and stay on track. Of course, I ate very judicious the rest of the day, but it was worth the trade off.

I know some may not agree with this, but I think that if you try to over-restrict yourself you can build internal resentment and sabotage your efforts in other ways. For me, that would be eating 2 too many 100-calorie snack packs and then realizing that I could have just had the Popeye's instead of those plus lunch. It's all a trade off!

MaryumC

weight.png

my scale is finally moving DOWN!!!! I think i found the mysterious 'sweet spot'. i love this.

MaryumC...

I totally agree with you. Everyone has their own challenges and their own means of coping. Some do better with total restriction from thier trigger foods, but I'm with you, I'm learning that I can survive on a bite or two, and it does help my cravings. I would still love to stuff myself, and I'm hoping that desire will decrease with time, I'm retraining my inner self...for a lifetime.

I have to share my "This is soooooo cool moment".

We're vacationing and I took my daughters horsebackriding yesterday. On the pre-ride forms they asked the question "Do you weigh more than 240#" I got to check the "NO" box!!!!!!!! I was smiling so big, practically giggling...but no one knew why. Sure made me feel better about all those Desserts I've passed up this week. I know you all will understand!!!! SO COOL!!!

Sue, that is SO cool! I can almost smell 240 now. Well, it's a faint smell, but anyway....I know that had to be a great moment!

In a few hours I'll be heading out to my niece's home to Celebrate her husband's birthday. They decided to keep it simple and just bake up some Papa Murphy's pizza and have strawberry shortcake for dessert. Now if I was on any of the other crazy diets I've tried over the many years, I'd be sunk and either not go or go and fall off the diet. When my sister called to tell me the plan she said "I don't know if you can eat that." Of course I can! This is what is so great about the band. Even though I'm not feeling any restriction, I am feeling satisfied after eating less than a normal person would. I'll have a slice of pizza and a small serving of dessert...and have a great time! :-)

LOL, Legster, I feel exactly as you do. I had pizza today and ate less than my 15 year old twin boys did. I don't feel deprived and very satisfied. Hey, I can do this!

leg, i laughed when i read that you can smell 240!

i cant smell it yet....but...when i get to 250, that will be a very special day for me. just twenty small lbs to go...i cant smell it yet, but i can see it on the shelf down the isle.