Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

I had my 2nd fill back on the 9th. For a few days it was REALLY good. Now it is still a big improvement over my first fill but not fabulous. I have not lost any weight in over a month which SUCKS! Its hard not to get depressed about it when I work out, try to eat right, and cannot eat everything I want but still dont lose.

I think I have reached that "Why in the hell did I do this" point I had been warned about by my doctor. I am praying this too shall pass. I just want to see some kind of results. Even one lousy pound would make me feel better.

Did you go to an exercise physiologist (or whatever) and/or have you had your follow-up appointment with them? When I had my follow-up, she said if I find myself at a plateau it might be a good time to come back and see her. She said she had worked around many plateaus with banded people. Just a thought.

About the peach tea drink mixes...I solved the puzzle! When I went last night to make sure it was caffeine-free, I looked at a new box I had bought. It's a generic Best Choice brand and it does contain caffeine. Then this morning, wondering how in the heck I had made that mistake, I looked at the one last packet in the dish which is also generic but "Great Value"...it was caffeine-free! I'm almost certain this one came from Wal-Mart.

So, if you think you might like peach tea flavor, look and you may be able to find one that meets the criteria. :-)

Ginger...

and those fearing they may have a leak:

your doctor can do tests to see if you have a leak in your band. Small pinprick leaks are common in the port area and can be remedied with using omnipaque for your fill instead of saline. its slightly thicker saline based composition and works like 'fix a flat'.

if you or your dr fear a more significant leak, you can be filled under fluoroscope which will show where the leak is if there is one. He can also do a fill up, where he injects a full amount (or more) of saline into your band until you are closed up, then backs out saline from there while you drink Water to see where your restriction is. This helps you know what it physically feels like to be restricted, which you cant get if you have a bad leak.

i didnt even have a pb until the new band...now im real familiar with them.

I was down to 216 by Satarday moring....I re-weighed on Monday I was 216 again. I was sooooo happy!! I weighed last night and I was 221, so I know I had gained. This moring I weighed in at 218. I hate gainning! I think it may be time for another fill. I am starting to get hungrier, but I still cant get a lot of food down. I've been drinking my Water, and walking 2 to 3 miles 5x a week. It scares me when I see threads or people that had the band a year ago and have lost 30 pounds and are stuck. I just pray that wont be me...too many sacrifices from my family to get the band...I was a self pay.

Sandra

Highest weight 255

surgery weight 242

current weight was 216 on monday, TODAY 218 :cry

goal weight 165

Sandra, I had my surgery on May 21st and I have lost a total of 33 pounds and 14 of that was pre-diet. Between my first fill and second fill I lost one pound. Now a week later so far nothing. I know exactly how you feel. I was using fitday.com software on my laptop to keep tract of what I was eating and how much but my computer is on the blink and I am waitng for a new one to arrive and I have been doing very little typimg due to a faulty keyboard. But as soon as the new one arrives I'll get with it again.

I know I have not been drinking my Water the way I should and I know that matters a lot.

I know the things that I should do to jump start my weight loss again, but I just don't have the energy.

Good luck to you!

I had my 2nd fill back on the 9th. For a few days it was REALLY good. Now it is still a big improvement over my first fill but not fabulous. I have not lost any weight in over a month which SUCKS! Its hard not to get depressed about it when I work out, try to eat right, and cannot eat everything I want but still dont lose.

I think I have reached that "Why in the hell did I do this" point I had been warned about by my doctor. I am praying this too shall pass. I just want to see some kind of results. Even one lousy pound would make me feel better.

I understand. I think I was there last week. I am doing better this week, just dealing with TOM issues! Do you have another fill scheduled?

I decided to just wait on my 4th fill. I just don't have time to go over there (1 hour away) this week and then they are on vacation. I wish I didn't feel guilty about waiting. I feel like I am throwing away money each time I eat!

Jsrico, I lost 10 lbs during my pre-op and 33 since. I had more of a jump start though because I had to be banded twice in 5 days. I had a very unusual problem in that my first band was too small and I had TOTAL restriction. All is well now but it helped with my weight!

You guys are doing great....do not get down! Think of where we would be without the band....I know I would be gaining not losing or even maintaining. The sweet spot will come for all of us.......remember we are aMayzing bandsters and its only July! You have all helped me with kind words when I was feeling cranky so here is my "pick your chin up and be proud of yourselves speech" It will all be worth it in the end!

Think of some things that have already changed for you.....I am sure you have all had a NSV.

Sending Happy band waves your way......

Maureen

Ginger...

and those fearing they may have a leak:

your doctor can do tests to see if you have a leak in your band. Small pinprick leaks are common in the port area and can be remedied with using omnipaque for your fill instead of saline. its slightly thicker saline based composition and works like 'fix a flat'.

if you or your dr fear a more significant leak, you can be filled under fluoroscope which will show where the leak is if there is one. He can also do a fill up, where he injects a full amount (or more) of saline into your band until you are closed up, then backs out saline from there while you drink Water to see where your restriction is. This helps you know what it physically feels like to be restricted, which you cant get if you have a bad leak.

i didnt even have a pb until the new band...now im real familiar with them.

Thanks for the information. I noticed that you said you have 6.5cc, is that from one fill? Do I add what I have had each time to get a total of what I have in my band? If I do that, it comes to 9, that seems like a lot in a 10 cc band!

You guys are doing great....do not get down! Think of where we would be without the band....I know I would be gaining not losing or even maintaining. The sweet spot will come for all of us.......remember we are aMayzing bandsters and its only July! You have all helped me with kind words when I was feeling cranky so here is my "pick your chin up and be proud of yourselves speech" It will all be worth it in the end!

Think of some things that have already changed for you.....I am sure you have all had a NSV.

Sending Happy band waves your way......

Thanks Metal! I know it will happen!

Ginger

I went shopping yesterday for some new PJs... my old ones were hanging off of me... and I looked like bozo the clown!!

I got a LARGE!!... no X in front of it!!!

AND... I weighed this morning.... 237!!! Down 4 more pounds!!

I screamed, danced and whoo hooo'd all through the house!!!

Wow, Thats great!!!!!! I am dancing for you too! These NSV are so exciting to hear, Thanks for sharing!!!

Maureen

hey Ginger!

its a total fill amount. I didnt realize he had put five cc's in the band just after rebanding to mimic the fills i had up to that point. this visit he added one and a half cc's and im perfect. alittle too snug right now since its TOM, but im very excited about what this will allow. Im being very selective about food right now and its just like id hoped it would be.

do i understand you right in that you have a total fill of nine cc's in a ten cc band and yet you feel no restriction?

MelissaO- That is great! I weigh the same as you and I am taller, and there is no way I could fit into a large. All my weight is in my belly. My legs and hips are small. I can't wait until I can buy something without a X in front of it. I was able to fit into some things in my closet that I didn't think I could though.

When you all have good restriction can you tell me what a typical meal would be for you. I have 1.6cc's and I still feel like I could eat a lot of certain things............. I find thta I get hungry after about three hours too.