Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

I just got back from my 2nd fill... they added 1.5 cc for a total of 2.5cc HOPEFULLY this will do the trick!!!

And I'm down another 2lbs... don't know how... even with TOM!

CONGRATS Melissa!!! You are doing awsome!!!

Sandra

Highest weight 255

surgery weight 242

current weight 217

goal???

Has anyone talked to their doctor about their goal weight? Mine said mine should be about 170, and that at that weight I would probably be about a size 8 or 10. She said overweight people gain muscle mass and bone mass that they never lose. She said she is 5'3" and 160lbs. and a size 8. She said it is not like when you were that weight before. Weight Watchers says the high side of my goal weight is 138??? Any thoughts on this?

Just wanted to put a thought out there. Maybe have ya thinking!! My DH asked me last night....so how much weight do you want to loose??? He is very proud of my commitment to the band and to excersize! I started thinking about it!!!!! Well everytime I post I have a different goal in mind. Sometimes I just say...I just want to get under 200 lbs. Then I think that 175, or 160, 150, 140, 135 would be great. How do you know what your ideal "IDEAL" weight should be?? I dont want to go by those stupid charts that go by Height and Age!!! My thinnest days were when I was in High School as a teenager. I was about 140-150. College was 170, then after that I got married had kids and all went to HELL!! So my question to you guys is.....wanting to be my High School dayz weight is that not realistic???? High School was about 15 yrs ago! I guess now that I see the weight actually coming off I think I can go the distance...maybe be one of "those" skinny people 125 lbs!!! What do you guys think??

Sandra

Highest weight 255

surgery weight 242

current weight 217

goal??? I HAVE NO CLUE

Twinn Mommy,

LOL!! I was writing, as you posted just about the same thoughts I had! Too funny!!

I don't so much mind the number that I weigh. I just want to look darn hot in my stylish clothes! I would like to be a ten. I want to be able to go into a store and see something on a manequin and say I want that. As long as I look hot and am comfortable in my skin then who cares what I weigh. I am definitely not comfortable in my skin now, nor have I been for a long time. My first goal is onederland, then to weigh less than my Hubby, then I will probably set an actual number. I was thinking 150, dos says 170, who knows! I just know that I love my band!

I'm 5'2'' and chose my goal weight as 150. I remember after I had my daughter I was a tight size 10 at 165...and I would have been happy toning up and losing a few more pounds to put me at a 8/10.

But then again.. who knows... maybe I'll find happiness before 150...

Yea for you Melissa...I can't wait for my 2nd fill & hopefully I will feel some of that! Keep on lovin' it!

About goals~my doc hasn't given me one, and I always was shooting for 200 (a 110 pound loss). I wonder what is really my IDEAL weight? I just want to feel healthy & look GOOD!

Has anyone eaten a hamburger since their fill? My DH is out there on the BBQ, and he really wants me to try a mini-bunless burger--for some reason I am really apprehensive about it?? Feedback?

Has anyone eaten a hamburger since their fill? My DH is out there on the BBQ, and he really wants me to try a mini-bunless burger--for some reason I am really apprehensive about it?? Feedback?

I know that ground beef doesn't agree with the band for some people, but I don't see what it would hurt to try it! I think it's very sweet that he's made you a mini burger. :-)

I liked that better IBW web-site...it made me feel right on target as it said 198 and I was thinking 200! Thanks legster!

Yea, it is sweet but I just don't want it to backfire! He has been so wonderfully supportive & is losing weight himself since I am not cooking up a storm as usual, but I know it is different with us...we aren't "bonding" over food as in the past. Sometimes it's tense. Plus I am dealing with a whole lot of drama & crap at work...I used to come home, have cocktails & cook and eat my way through it! I have found different outlets, but it sure is taking time to get used to the "new" Julie! You guys all help though!! Thanks tons!