Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

time of the month!!!

Boy, am I sorry I asked. Thought she was talking about me....

Tom

Hello to all!

I dont have any complaints today. I feel good, actually I feel great. More energy, my clothes are all loose, I have a jaw line again, my thighs are not rubbing as bad, my blood pressure is going down, and the pounds are coming off! Slowly but they are coming off. I am truely happy and awaiting my future weight loss.

To change the subject a little, I know that some of you guys watch Big Medicine on Monday nights and someone had made a comment about them probably not showing anyone getting the LAP BAND. Well I saw the previous for next week and they will be showing a possible lap band patient. Apparently her husband doesnt want her to have it because he doesnt like small women. Well its next Monday, on TLC at 8 pm.

Have a great 4th of JULY!!!

Sandra

Highest weight 255

surgery weight 242

current weight 220

goal weight ANYTHING UNDER 200!!!

JULIE,

Hey I just noticed that we were banded on the same day in May! May 22, 2007 and that we have both lost the same amount...22 lbs. How funny is that!!! I had my fill almost two weeks ago.!!! I see you would like to loose 100 pounds too!!!!! Are we close to the same weight????? I hope I dont offend you. Just thought it was nice that we are actually on the same boat or on the same page. LOL!!

Sandra

Highest weight 255

surgery weight 242

current weight 220

goal weight 155 wonderful, but I will take anything under 200 lbs.

I've been watching Big medicine...I'm watching it now as I'm blogging (TIVO). I think they do more by-pass b/c they put the really "super obese" patience on the show, and they tend to have by-pass over band. It's probably more their specialty.

I find the plastic surgery portions particularly interesting, as it's probably coming at come point in the future.

TOM=Time of the Month

Julie,

You are right...we don't want to ruin our hard work. And I had heard sometimes you have to up your intake, too. But isn't that so hard to swallow? After all the fad diets, etc. which focused on deprivation to lose weight. I keep telling myself that the first few months are about healing not losing weight, but you think that when you were use to eating 1000's of calories a day and not excercising, that when you cut way down and start to move your butt, that the weight would come off.

However, I know that I didn't put the weight on overnight and I won't take it off overnight either.

What does help is to know that we are not alone and that we are probably not doing anything wrong.

Let's stay strong!!!!

Melissa,

Well said or well written! We didnt put all this weight on over night!!! I am also in rush! I want 50 pounds gone NOW or even yesterday would be better! Lets just take are time and do it right.

Sandra

Highest weight 255

surgery weight 242

current weight 220

goal. 155 would be nice, but I will take anything under 200!!

Hi Julie,

I hope you don't mind me butting in I was banded a week after you. The 22nd was my original date but the doc had to go out of town. You are currently 9# ahead of me your doing great. I have my first fill on July 17 and I feel no restriction. So I'm hungry. I guess this is what they call lap band purgatory. I enjoy following this thread its meaningful if you get my drift.

I started out at 262. surgery weight was 237 and I currently at 228 and counting LOL. Good lLUCK ON YOU WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY!!!

Thanks for reading, SJ

Hi Sandy, The above message was also meant for you. Sometimes I mess this stiff up good. So heres a copy LOL.

I hope you don't mind me butting in I was banded a week after you. The 22nd was my original date but the doc had to go out of town. You are currently 9# ahead of me your doing great. I have my first fill on July 17 and I feel no restriction. So I'm hungry. I guess this is what they call lap band purgatory. I enjoy following this thread its meaningful if you get my drift.

I started out at 262. surgery weight was 237 and I currently at 228 and counting LOL. Good lLUCK ON YOU WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY!!!

Thanks for reading, SJ

Melissa,

Well said or well written! We didnt put all this weight on over night!!! I am also in rush! I want 50 pounds gone NOW or even yesterday would be better! Lets just take are time and do it right.

Sandra

Highest weight 255

surgery weight 242

current weight 220

goal. 155 would be nice, but I will take anything under 200!!

Thanks Sandra,

I believe a lot of the journey is a mind set. You have choices. It's what you want to do and what you should do. Sometimes it's hard to see the difference between the two, but it is there.

Sometimes I WANT to sit down with a bag of Fritos and french onion dip, but I SHOULDN'T!!! So.....I don't!!

I am very happy that I have had this done! I know it will work. I closed that chapter in my book and life and have started a new one!

SJ,

Thanks....but you are also doing great! 21 pounds! Think of it as 21 pounds that you will never see again. The fill will help, but its your mind that really does the hard part "SELF CONTROL"!! Rememeber the slower you loose the less chance you will put it back on! Congrats on your weight loss you deserve a gold star (or something).

Sandra

Highest weight 255

surgery weight 242

current weight 220

goal 155 would be great, but I will take anything under 200 lbs.

Hi All! I haven't posted in a bit and I wanted to update you on how I'm doing. Right now I feel very good and I'm loving this band. Still no fill and no plans for one - I'm still losing at least 2 lbs a week. I've been keeping up with biking, hiking, jogging, walking and sometimes swimming every week and it's been a blast. I didn't think I could have this much fun being healthy. I'm down from a tight 28 to a good fitting 24/22 on top. I can't wait to see even more weight come off.

I'd like to chime in with those folks who haven't told co-workers that they had lapband surgery - I didn't either. I told them I was having a surgery to help with my Intracranial Hypertension, which is true b/c it was caused by my weight (and it's now completely gone).

I also was certified through the doc to be off for 6 weeks and I took off the WHOLE time. I've spent some great time in therapy processing my food issues and really getting to know Maryum (that's me!). It's been a great experience but I go back next week and it's back to reality. I'm scared to go back because I don't want to fall into old habits and I don't look like I've been sick for 6 weeks. I'm more than 30 lbs lighter and I have an awesome tan... oh well!

Anyways - Congrats to EVERYONE. You all are doing so awesome. I'm proud of us..

MaryumC

weight.png

Melissa,

That is just beautiful! Close the chapter and start a new one. Sometimes I think about how easy it would be to loose control and eat a whole bag chip w/ some queso! (that was my favorite)I love to crunch and dip!!!LOL!!! I dont want that anymore...I want to be healthy, I want to look healthy! I have not regrets, and feel truely blessed that I have been given this chance, a second chance to LIVE!

Sandra

Highest weight 255

surgery wieght 242

current weight 220

goal ?????????under 200

My fellow 5/22/07'ers jsrico and sjrgilman...I was banded at 310 pounds, and I am almost 5'10" . Thanks for the positive comments...I NEED THOSE! I am a totally insecure person, so the more encouragement I get the better I believe I will do! You guys are on target too! Way to go!! :clap2: MPatrizzi-it is hard to change our mental thinking about this weight loss, but maybe it is worth a shot--try eating more Protein for the calories & let your body burn stored carbs!

The pounds that have come off me seem to mostly be through my face & upper body, however I had hoped for them to be gone from my mid-section! I am shooting for 200 as a goal, but haven't gotten the surgeon' s goal...hopefully I am not too off. I sometimes feel that I should shoot for lower, but honestly I don't want to be a really thin person, nor do I want to look un-proportioned. There is a woman at my agency who was banded last fall *(who helped talk me into it!) and she has gotten too skinny so that her head looks totally huge compared to her skinny body-almost alien-like. That may sound like jealousy, but from the bottom of my heart is isn't. Is this just my fear of failure??

Hi All! I haven't posted in a bit and I wanted to update you on how I'm doing. Right now I feel very good and I'm loving this band. Still no fill and no plans for one - I'm still losing at least 2 lbs a week. I've been keeping up with biking, hiking, jogging, walking and sometimes swimming every week and it's been a blast. I didn't think I could have this much fun being healthy. I'm down from a tight 28 to a good fitting 24/22 on top. I can't wait to see even more weight come off.

I'd like to chime in with those folks who haven't told co-workers that they had lapband surgery - I didn't either. I told them I was having a surgery to help with my Intracranial Hypertension, which is true b/c it was caused by my weight (and it's now completely gone).

I also was certified through the doc to be off for 6 weeks and I took off the WHOLE time. I've spent some great time in therapy processing my food issues and really getting to know Maryum (that's me!). It's been a great experience but I go back next week and it's back to reality. I'm scared to go back because I don't want to fall into old habits and I don't look like I've been sick for 6 weeks. I'm more than 30 lbs lighter and I have an awesome tan... oh well!

Anyways - Congrats to EVERYONE. You all are doing so awesome. I'm proud of us..

MaryumC

weight.png

Wow Maryum!!! That's fantastic!

It feels sooooo good, doesn't it?!!!