Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Wenjea-

You are one lucky girl! Did it taste good? I almost ate a handful of baby goldfish yesterday, while giving my kids their snack. I think I will actually be scared to put something in my mouth and chew it and swallow it. We go on vacation 3 days after I get to go on solids. Scary!

How much is everyone eating (drinking) in a typical day? Yesterday I had:

7oz. Protein drink

1 can velvety potato Cambell's Soup at hand (blended)

1 FF choc. pudding cup

4oz naked fruit protein drink

15oz water

I am so sick of protein drinks.........not hungry often. I do love the soup, though. I think that was about 500 calories. I am out of ideas!

Hi all...third day post-band for me. Port pain is pretty nasty, but gas pains have not hit too hard, hopefully will stay that way. Just had a shower, feeling refreshed, but sleepy.

How much is everyone eating (drinking) in a typical day? Yesterday I had:

7oz. Protein drink

1 can velvety potato Cambell's Soup at hand (blended)

1 FF choc. pudding cup

4oz naked fruit protein drink

15oz water

I am so sick of protein drinks.........not hungry often. I do love the soup, though. I think that was about 500 calories. I am out of ideas!

TwinMommy.....I just had a Campbells select soup with tsp of Ricotta cheese in it! (doc recommended cheese for the protein) It was very good. Felt like a nice plate of lasagna! Enjoy.

My days are very similar to yours food wise.

I am still hungry with bad hunger pains...not head hunger the type of growl that really hurts....but I do not want to be a Debbie Downer so I am just going to suck it up and be positive!

Good luck on your journey

Jsrico - Yep, I do plan to go to the Tuesday meetings pretty soon, so I will see you there! I'm doing just FANTASTIC. Up and about with NO problem. No pain meds since yesterday. No real discomfot. Just a constant full feel but that's all. Have been able to get everything down liquid-wise and had some cottage cheese today which was heavenly. Sipping on cream of chicken Soup right now. Gas pains pretty much gone at this point...hope they won't return. I can't see at all that I will have trouble going back to work Tuesday like I had planned. Will venture out tomorrow (have already been to the grocery store twice) and go to someplace like Super Cuts and have them wash and blow dry my hair so I don't have to go through that. May go that route for about a week or so....just to be lazy and pamper myself! All in all I feel wonderful.

I've been really more concerned with getting stuff down than being really strict about calories...especially since there aren't a LOT of calories in everything I am eating. Yesterday had about 4 tiny Jello cups, 1/2 cup cottage cheese blended to a yogurt consistency, cup of cream of chicken Soup, fat free tapioca pudding....and then drinking drinking drinking. I am not sensing much if any restriction going down at all.

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Today I have choked down:

2 6 oz. Protein drinks(made with skim milk & water)

8 oz. crystal lite

6 oz. V-8 juice

1 sf popsicle

My food choices/food days are extremely boring! I am not supposed to have any of these delicious Soups I hear you all enjoying! I am jealous. Not hungry, just yearning to taste something yummy! The V-8 juice had a lot of flavor compared to many of the other things I am drinking.

I have until June 7th on just liquids, then I get to progress to pureed food. It's bizarre all of the different doctors' recommendations for intake & at what stage.

Sad to think that my big treat of the day will be chicken broth for dinner with a sf Jello for dessert. However, it will be worth it in the long run!

Happy Saturday!

kasse,

I am following the booklet that I was given after my surgery....is that what your doing?? I am only having Water, juice, broth, popsycles, and Jello. Dr. Spivak didnt say anthing about Protein Shakes. I am not even

I dont think I am even having 500 calories a day. I did wake up a little hungry this morning and it scared me. I want are usually Satardy Morning Breakfast at IHOP or Denny's...but nope I had a jello and some juice. I am feeling soooooo full all the time though. Hard to eat or drink when you dont feel hungry. I will be back at work on Tuesday as well....I am glad for the long weekend and the extra days. Are you going to the meeting this Tuesday???

Dr. Spivak

Houston

Banded 5/2/2007

242/236/160

<p>Fellow Banders- I had a funny story for you. After we got home from the hospital, my Hubby went to get my pain meds filled. He came home with 6-16oz bottle of liquid Lortab!!!!! Not sure what the doc that released me was thinking??? I took about 4 doses out of one of those bottles and the rest will go down the drain. He walked in with all of that and I thought that I must be in for a whole lot of pain! Thought it was funny. We called the pharmacy to verify that it was right, and it was.</p>

Holy medicine! I can't believe how much they gave you! Good to hear you didn't need it all! Congrats on that!

I got 30 2mg tablets of Dilaudid--maybe took 10 over the first three days...none today. I am still sore, but not in pain so to speak.

Does anyone out there get uncomfortable sitting straight up? I feel like I have a bubble under my ribs when I sit up straight for any amount of time.

I do not want to complain because I feel very lucky to have had this surgery and there are people who suffer more than this everyday but here goes.....

My band/stomach still hurt very much. Every sip I take hurts when it passes through. I have growling that is painful. I usually have a high threshold of pain but this is getting old! I feel like I should be getting better instead of just staying the same. My belly is very hard/swollen and I had the surgery Monday! I may just be too impatient because I had gall bladder surgery and was back to work within 2 days. I find that every few minutes I wince with pain, not exrutiating (sp) but still stops me in my tracks. That is why I have been on this site non stop for the last 5 days. I have missed a few of my kids sporting events this weekend because I have not told anyone about the band and I could not keep a conversation with the other parents with the pains that I get. Yes I would like some cheese with my whine!!!

Please tell me this is happening to someone else...misery love company!:)

Thanks for any insight you may have.......

metalband - it was day five before I was glad I did this because of the pain. I am 10 days post op and it still hurts on my port side to sit straight up for very long. My port side is still swollen some and the doc said about three weeks for it to go all the way down. I want all the pain gone now!!!

jsrico - your doc and mine must be best friends cuz our diets are identical. Today will be the first day that I will be able to get 3 Protein Shakes, 30 gr. each down. Plus I am on my third 16oz of Water out of the 4 that he requires. Does everything seem a lot sweeter to you? I'm hoping I will have the time and the room to eat Jello and broth after the Protein and H2O. I am very envious of those who are on mushies one week after surgery. My doc said it will increase the risk of slipping if I do it. So I get to start mushies on 6/18 and real food on 7/2. That feels like forever right now.

Thank you for all the prayers and support. I am trying to stay positive. I just can't believe this could be happening. I had a difficult start, almost had to have my surgery rescheduled because of an infection from a molar, had an ER oral surgery a week before my LB and now this. I am a self payer, if I have to have it removed there is no way I could do it again. I just balled all the way home from the Dr. on Friday and now I have to stay positive, it is my son's weekend, he graduated today!! My surgery went so good and I had no problems at all after, no neausa, no pain, nothing! anyway, I'm rambling...thank you for the prayers. I love this site.