Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Thanks everyone for the welcome back! I am doing very well now. I had a freak thing happen, only me, and had to be re-banded on Monday because of a complication with my band on Friday. I am so excited to have begun my journey and I am down 22 lbs!! Good luck to everyone recently banded or soon to be banded...my band has a first name and it D-A-I-S-Y!!

Sooo.... I copied an idea from the shrinkin' violets, and with some inspiration from our very dedicated Nimble Bean... I decided that I wanted to contribute something to the a-MAY-zing bandsters.... If you click on the link in this post.. it will bring you to a spreadsheet.. just for those of us banded in May for us to track all the pounds we lose along the way... You can use it, or not use it.. I *think* I included everyone on the sheet... BUT if your name is missing.. you can just add it. ENJOY!!!

http://http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pXD3TIEikC0nz7SraZvYEJQ

Sooo.... I copied an idea from the shrinkin' violets, and with some inspiration from our very dedicated Nimble Bean... I decided that I wanted to contribute something to the a-MAY-zing bandsters.... If you click on the link in this post.. it will bring you to a spreadsheet.. just for those of us banded in May for us to track all the pounds we lose along the way... You can use it, or not use it.. I *think* I included everyone on the sheet... BUT if your name is missing.. you can just add it. ENJOY!!!

http://http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pXD3TIEikC0nz7SraZvYEJQ

Ooops.. that's not the right link (and the editing still appears to be messed up).. Here's the RIGHT link.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?id=o05263481219207871836.2667527800917519859.12119319650635845841.4542276471551433562#

I found the link and got to the spreadsheet, but how do you put your info in? I clicked and double clicked the box but it won't let me type in my info? By the way, great idea. I go in at 11:30 today for my surgery, I am sooooo excited and nervous!!

Paulette

I have been on this website for the past 2+ months. It has been such a blessing to read the stories from those who have been where I plan to go. I've been waiting for a few weeks for a definite date of surgery, and to my surprise:omg: , I open my yahoo account and I rec'd an email from my Dr.'s nurse on Friday who congratulated me and confirmed that:

I AM SCHEDULED FOR SURGERY ON THURSDAY, MAY 31ST!!!!! YEAH!!!!

:) :clap2:

CONGRATS!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hey Ragdoll

Just saw your message. I've been at my mother's house all day. We had a wonderful Mother's Day!

The blender attachment is called a Oster Blend n' Go 7 piece smoothie Kit - model 6026. Yes, it looks like you can order online. Oster.com and I think maybe Amazon might have it. Mine was $12.96 at Wal-mart. I have decided it takes up less room than the bullet and it has to be stronger, not to mention the $47 in my pocket!

:clap2:

THis is good info, thanks for sharing.

Anytime. Laughter is one of God's Best Gifts We can offer for Free

OUCH....except I do have to say that when you are newly banded..Laughter does hurt...ouch and sneezing and coughing....how long does that take to go away....LOL ... Ouch

Morning,

I leave in 10 minutes..... surgery at 10:30.

Good luck Paulette, we are an hour apart.

See, ya in bandland!

I am a May bandster as well. My surgery date is for May 31st. I have to start the High Protein low cal shakes on the 17th. I am getting extreimley excited! Can anyone give me some pointers or suggestions. Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you out there. Congratulations to all and good luck!!!:clap2:

Kari

I am home...well actually at work. I can't believe I did it and I can't believe how simple it was! The only thing is wow, those gas pains can be brutal. Thankfully mine are few and far between but when I do get one, it hurts. My incisions look great I feel good and I am so anxious for what the future holds. Thanks everyone for thinking about us on Friday! Peace.

Here we go...it's clear liquid (and shakes) starting today for banding on the 29th!!!

Trying to look at it as the beginning of a possitive change instead of a "diet"

Off to mix my shake and head to work