Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Jessica - I love the list! Thanks for doing it.

I can't believe May first is here and I can't believe there isn't anyone on the chart. Thanks by the way for telling me how to get it printed out guys, I'm computer challenged.

Best wishes and lots of prayers for all you Wednesday bandsters. Please let us know how it goes and don't leave out the good parts! Knowing is half the battle!

Hard to believe that it's finally here. Tomorrow at this time I will be at the hospital getting ready for the surgery! I took today off from work, as I am on Clear Liquids only and I wanted a day for myself before the big day. TO my fellow May 2nds.....bravo!!! we got this far and we will be banded before we know it! Woo Hoo!

<p>This is what I would like to be able to do once I lose this other person!</p> <p> </p>

• Dance again, it wears me out right now.
  • Play with my children till I can't play anymore.
  • Scuba Dive.
  • Water Ski.
  • Vollyball.
  • Look cute in clothes.
  • Be more outgoing and confident.
  • Be comfortable with this body to show it off a little.
  • Have a glamour shots session.
  • Lay out on the boat in a bikini while cruising the lake.
  • Hiking.
  • And so much more that I cannot think of at the moment.

Ok, here's one of my reasons for losing 100lbs...

So I can 'not' skydive because I'm scared to death to do it.. NOT because I'm to heavy for the parachute's weight limit. :-)

(DH is an adrenaline junkie.. he'd skydive and bungee jump every day if he could.. me? Two feet planted firmly on the ground at all times :-)

Hey Susan,

Tomorrow is my big day also. I decided to come on to work today, I thought it would help to make the time go faster. I dont know if it is working, all I can think about is tomorrow. The hospital just called, I am to check in at 7:30 AM. It hit me..... this is really happening. I have just been dreaming about it and wanting it for so long. This is better than Christmas. Good Luck Susan, we will have to keep in touch and compare notes.

Friday is my big day. I go for pre-op tomorrow morning. I thought I was a lot tougher than I am because this liquid diet is testing me to the limits. I am ready for my new journey to begin and I know that the diet is only the first part to a long and glorious journey so I am taking it one minute at a time if I have to.

Good luck to all you May 2nd bandits! :bandit We're pulling for you! :cheer2:

This is what I would like to be able to do once I lose this other person!

• Dance again, it wears me out right now.
  • Play with my children till I can't play anymore.
  • Scuba Dive.
  • Water Ski.
  • Vollyball.
  • Look cute in clothes.
  • Be more outgoing and confident.
  • Be comfortable with this body to show it off a little.
  • Have a glamour shots session.
  • Lay out on the boat in a bikini while cruising the lake.
  • Hiking.
  • And so much more that I cannot think of at the moment.

I want to be able to tuck in a shirt again....I know its not the style but I still would like to have the option.

I want to walk up stairs and be able to talk when I get to the top.

I want to live long enough to drive my kids crazy and spoil the grandkids!

Enjoying snowboarding, wakeboarding and hiking without it feeling like a chore.

To be in pictures and not hide behind someone (like that helps).

I want to get out of bed without the feeling of rolling out of bed.

Dance at parties.....in a dress!!! OMG

Cute underwear instead of Granny Panties.....

Bras without hardware.....:nervous

Thank you Crabcake.

I would like to be able to hug my husband real close without my big belly getting in the way.

Good luck tomorrow May 2nd bandsters.:gluck: I'll be thinking of you

all day, wishing you the best. Make sure you get back to us when you're feeling up to it!

Today is Day 2 of my 10 day liquid diet. I must admit, I am a little cranky. Trying to be extra nice at work because I know how on edge I am. I'm hungry and just want to chew something. Nope, not this one. Being good and taking it one minute at a time.

Anyone else on the liquid diet at the moment?

Hey cindyluhu,

I have been on the liquid diet for two weeks. I am on clear liquids today. (Big Day Tomorrow, YEA) Hang in there, the time will pass. My doc said I could have about 10-12 walnuts per day. They have good oils. That was my saving grace. I looked forward to them, and saved them for when I was really starving and just need to chew on something. Also, sugar free hard candy helped while at work. And popsicles, they helped while watching TV. Good luck, you will be there before you know it.

One more for the List...

22.To not freak out when the waiter wants to put you in a booth. Am I gonna fit?!?

Laura,

Thanks for the encouragement. I wish I could have walnuts to crunch on. Can't have anything crunchy. Just clear broth, sugarfree Jello, sugarfree popsicles or fudgicles, Crystal light, Up to 3 yogurts a day, (or cottage cheese, or skim milk). And that's about it. It will pass. Did I mention how good broth is right now? Never thought I'd say that!! Can't say I've been to the bathroom quite so much as recently. That's surely a good sign.

Well, off to get some broth for lunch.< /p>

OMG that is so funny. How true about the booths! I love booths but I always worry that it will be a tight squeeze, or I'll have to ask to move elsewhere.

I just love this list!