Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Does someone want to take on the task of making up a chart to track all of the May Bandsters?

SO....Whats every may bander's goal here. What is something that you want to do that you arent able to yet!! Then if you ever reach that goal you can always check this site out and see how long ago you posted and such.

1) I want to be able to buy clothes in a normal store

2) Run either a 5K or 10K in a ok time, something decent

3) I want to have a waist measurement in the 30's

Goal 1 & 3 kind of go hand in hand...but whatever.

Well first I would like to say that I am snowboarding with my family today and I wanted to cry when I got really out of breath and couldn't keep up and then I realized that this is the last time this will happen to me....next year I will be in better, healthier shape!!!! Which leads me to one of the reasons I am glad I am getting banded.

1) health....being around to see the grandkids

2) snowboarding and wakeboarding with the family

3) not being embarassed of myself all the time.....Its like a constant bad hair day

4) three million other reasons that I am sure that everyone shares with me from shopping to tying shoes and wearing shorts that don't bunch.....:)

I'm going to be banded on May 18th. I wish it was tomorrow. I'm at 275 all time high. I have been overweight since I was 8 or 9 years old. Just getting crazy big now though and I'm a very stressful eater. I'm hoping that this will help. I think as long as I follow the eating directions how could it not work. My favorite thing to eat is my meat so I should not have a problem. I'm so excited I can't weight haha wait!!

I started my 2 week liquid pre op today. I cant believe it is only 2 weeks until I am banded. I am excited!!! I hope these 2 weeks fly by. I intend to stay very busy, cleaning house, planting the garden etc. I know I just cant sit around and watch TV, I will go crazy with the head hunger. I am armed with my Protein Shakes and Water and I brought my walking shoes to work today and intend to take a walk while everyone else is in the break room eating their lunches. Any other suggestions on making it past this time would be greatly appreciated!!

I started my 2 week liquid pre op today. I cant believe it is only 2 weeks until I am banded. I am excited!!! I hope these 2 weeks fly by. I intend to stay very busy, cleaning house, planting the garden etc. I know I just cant sit around and watch TV, I will go crazy with the head hunger. I am armed with my Protein Shakes and Water and I brought my walking shoes to work today and intend to take a walk while everyone else is in the break room eating their lunches. Any other suggestions on making it past this time would be greatly appreciated!!

It sounds to me like you have a great plan....focusing on the day and not worrying about tomorrow is my advice. Take time to Enjoy each moment you walk, garden, work, drink water and savor that protien shake as if it were the best drink ever. (that may take a lot of imagination-ha):rolleyes:

Hello my fellow May Bandsters....wont be long now! I got to take the tour at the hospital yesterday to view the bariatric ward. It is in a brand new part of the hospital called the tower and the views of the mts from the rooms and lounge are gorgeous. This pre-op time has been very positive for me. The people at the bariatric center are just as commited to my success as I am. Its wonderful to be treated as a really important person who deserves the best.

:clap2: Yippee!! I found the group I was looking for. I found out yesterday I am scheduled for May 8th.

Just got my date today...I'm May 8th also! :high5:

I'm joining the May crew! I'll be banded, along with my best friend of 24 years, on 5/15/07!! How exciting!!!

Wow! It took me awhile to read everyones threads but now that I'm all caught up I can introduce myself.

My surgery date is 5/17 and I start pre-op on 5/3. I'm excited and anxious and really hoping that I am strong enough to make this all work. I started walking this week and have done 5 days straight . . . about 40 minutes each time. I can't wait to be able to walk in shorts and not have my knees and thighs hit together. Or have to keep pulling all the fabric out of my crotch because it rides up between my legs. You know what I'm talking about don't you!

I feel like I need to hurry and eat all my favorite foods and go to my favorite resturants because everything changes in less then 2 weeks. Anyone else struggling with this?

forgot to add that my BMI is 40 and I'm looking to lose 110 pounds. I can't wait to buy clothes in sizes without x's! I'm also hoping to transfer my food addiction to exercise.

We need a catchy name for the May bandsters. Any ideas?

Some suggestions: Mayday . . Mayday

May I help you?

May flowers

May-be friends

Or have to keep pulling all the fabric out of my crotch because it rides up between my legs. You know what I'm talking about don't you!

As kids, we called that 'Indian underwear' 'cause it would sneak up on you! :(

I can't wait for my knees to stop hurting.

I look forward to not being the biggest person in my family.

I look forward to not feeling ashamed at how I look.

And I look forward to buying something pretty that actually looks nice on me!

Now, I'm off to get on the treadmill! :music:

As kids, we called that 'Indian underwear' 'cause it would sneak up on you! :(

I can't wait for my knees to stop hurting.

I look forward to not being the biggest person in my family.

I look forward to not feeling ashamed at how I look.

And I look forward to buying something pretty that actually looks nice on me!

Now, I'm off to get on the treadmill! :music:

I can't wait to stop cropping our vacation pics so you can't see how big my ass is!

I can't wait until I don't have to powder my thighs when I wear a dress because I get a rash when they run together

I can't wait to be full after a meal and not go back for seconds, or thirds

I can't wait to go shopping and fit in things!

I know all about the above I hate the pull down the shorts thing. I still wear the shorts and do like a little dance when I pull them down so know really knows what I'm doing. You think it works?? My mother always laughs at me when I do it. I can't stand to be hot though and the more I have weighed the harder it is for me to cool off. I go around the house as though I weigh 115 who cares though it will change soon enough.