Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Thanks SElaine

May 9th is a great day to become a looser :confused: That will be One year for me :D

Wow, thank you! You know, your website and pictures were a HUGE motivator for me to go through with this surgery. I find it odd and neat that my date is your one year mark and that you repied to my post. I truly hope to become as sucessful with my weight loss as you have been!

Thanks SElaine

Wow, thank you! You know, your website and pictures were a HUGE motivator for me to go through with this surgery. I find it odd and neat that my date is your one year mark and that you repied to my post. I truly hope to become as sucessful with my weight loss as you have been!

Thanks Elaine :confused: I am sure you will do great. Glad I can help others as much as others have helped and encouraged me.

My surgery date is May 3rd! My birthday is May 4th, so I am considering this a birthday present to myself!!! I am very excited and a little nervous. I can't wait to see all of our progress through the year!!!

My surgery date is May 3rd! My birthday is May 4th, so I am considering this a birthday present to myself!!! I am very excited and a little nervous. I can't wait to see all of our progress through the year!!!

That's a GREAT birthday present!

What a wonderful gift to yourself! Congrats and early happy birthday!!:dance:

Hi Everyone -

I am scheduled for May 2nd and am excited but very nervous as well! I feel I am starting to panic and feel anxious. Anyone else feeling this way?

Hi Everyone -

I am scheduled for May 2nd and am excited but very nervous as well! I feel I am starting to panic and feel anxious. Anyone else feeling this way?

No, not me, not yet at least. I'm sure I will be once my name is called at the hospital for my surgery.

I am, however, excited as all hell! :whoo:

I'm starting to get a little nervous... not about the actual procedure, but about the life changes that are almost upon me!:lol:

I too am not so nervous about the procedure itself - its afterwards. The postings about PBing scare me! I hate to puke and don't want to feel sick and miserable. However, the thought of finally finally losing weight and keeping it off excites me to no end!!

Hi everyone. My date is May 10th, and the excitement is almost unbearable. The time, I'm told, will pass, but it seems to move so slowly! The surgery doesn't scare me so much, like you all are mentioning, it's AFTER the surgery that's a little daunting. Everyone seems to adjust really well, however, so I'm really positive about the whole thing. I'm just so used to eating so fast (I guess I'm always in a hurry), that it's just gonna have to be focus time to really pay attention. This band should really be great for Portion Control, which is another big one with me. So it will be re-learning HOW to eat as well as WHAT to eat. IT'S ALMOST MAY!!!

cindyluhu- I too am scared about all the changes and what if's post surgery -- can I do this, will I get depressed, how will I feel, etc. etc. etc. One of the only positive things for me this month preop is despite the fact that I'm thinking way toooooooooooooooooooooooooo much about this and life after the surgery and am at times really stressed, the bright light for me has been that I realize I can't turn automatically turn to food to comfort me and maybe, just maybe, that will help me significantly in this whole journey. I get so sad sometimes when I can't turn off all the mental noise about this whole thing. How did this whole "food thing" get to become so emotionally charged for so many of us??? What I am trying to do is just stop thinking so much about post op life -- it will be here soon enough and I will have no choice than to deal with it. I tell myself, if I weren't scared/nervous then I truly should worry. This is a big, brave life changing/defining moment for me and I will be ok. You will too!!! We all will!!!!!!!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I have been reading a lot of the posts here. I am scared too but I am really looking forward to leave the part of me that I hate and that pushes me forward with this endeavor. I have addiction to food, like a lot of people I eat when I am happy, bored or sad. I eat all the time. Since I have gained weight I have changed also. I have low self esteem, dont socialize anymore. Sooo different of what I was before. Sad that I have become that way but that is my reality. Even the people I love and dear to me are affected of who I've become. I want my old me. I am sure they do too.

My surgery is on the 18th of May 2007, in Tijuana,Mexico,Dr. Ortiz.

(5 feet 3 inches)

Highest weight: 220lbs

BMI: 39 :angry :think :help:

:rolleyes: So, I'm driving home from work tonight, thinking about, what else, but the upcoming surgery... and all of a sudden it hits me... I'm only 3 1/2 weeks out, not 4 1/2 like I had thought... and I had a minor panic attack. Called my best friend to set me straight! I'm not normally prone to feeling panic, but all of a sudden I'm all.. "What if I fail this too?", "Am I making the right move?"

Ack!! :eek:

Hi May 07 Bandsters! I'm so pleased to join you here.

Got my date yesterday - May 14th!!!! :whoo:

I was real nervous yesterday but it went like clockwork and now I'm getting excited. Suddenly 5/14 seems so far away.

Hope I can make all the lifestyle changes and maximize the tool. :decision:

So glad we've got each other as well as all the thoughtful folks here that can offer encouragement and advice. Good luck, everyone!