Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Vitamins

Penni, I got my bottle and when I saw that green that looked like the "slime", I thought what has Penni gotten me into. Finally took a swig and it wasn't bad at all!

You were right, no after taste, no Vitamin smell, nodda thing.

Thanks for the thorough report and advice.

I don't get energy from my regular Centrum or One-A-Day. What is inside the Vitamin what give you energy? I had to get rid of the rest of the Advant Edge Protein Shakes because they had chromium in there, which gave me way too much energy (couldn't sleep and was all spun out.) I might like to try these liquid ones, but what is the source of the energy?

Go to the 1st page and Penni has the entire ingredients listed along with strength. I don't do Protein Shakes or anything milky, yuk, but this ugly green stuff was a breeze, and I do feel better, actually, really good. As for a boost of energy, maybe I need a few more capfulls. I think it was well worth the money, I also noticed I didn't loose a lot of the Vitamins in my urine. (Hope that wasn't too much info).

Hi marie! I posted my intro as you requested! If you want to read my LONG post, feel free!

I will let you all know how this new liquid Vitamin works out. I better notice a difference at $20 a month!!

Patty

I just checked the ingredients, and sure enough it contains chromium. Chris thought I was on crack the other day after taking chromium (it was hidden in my Protein shake.) It makes me go in 20 different directions at once and I get really panic-attacky, then I can't sleep at night. I also can't handle plain old caffeine like most people, so be careful if you're caffeine-sensitive. It also contains spirulina, ginseng root, and bee pollen, which all make me jittery. I wish I could take it cuz my house sure gets clean when I'm all spun out!

Hi DeLarla...so wierd about chromium making you crazy. Where did you see Chromium on the list of the Utrition liquid? I do see Ginseng in it..but not chromium. Some chromium is good for your diet...but I know alot of the supermarket Vitamins have very little of anything.

If we were able to get more nutrition from eating alot of good quality food..we wouldn't need a Vitamin or the supermarket basic MV's would be fine..but being I can eat so little, I am looking for the best quality MV that has the most of all the Vitamins and minerals I can get. I always noticed a difference when I am taking a Vitamin that is higher in all the B's and has additional stuff in it to help with nails, hair and skin. My hair gets curlier and thicker is one thing I notice. I don't really say I have MORE energy, but I just notice an overall better condition of my external self.

Anyway..I hope you find a vitamin that works for you! These liquids seem like a great alternative to the chewables that are out there for those that want more!

Patty

8/13/02

Dr Kuri

Penni listed the ingredients at the beginning of this post, so these liquid vitamins have 17% of daily recommended amount of chromium. Maybe that's why they don't spin you guys out like those shakes did to me. The shake contains 30% daily recommended, so the shakes have almost twice as much. A lot of diet pills contain chromium. I've done quite a bit of research, and it seems to be good for the body (in most reading.) But at the same time, it increases my heartrate, and my anxiety shoots through the roof. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad in a lower dose, but I started getting addicted to the shakes. I'd have so much nervous energy that I'd get a horrible night's sleep. Then I'd feel so lousy in the morning that I couldn't get motivated till I had another shake... it was a vicious cycle and hard for me to break.

DeLarla, The Vitamin store is really good about taking stuff back, they told me if I didn't like the taste or the Vitamins, to keep my receipt and return them for a full refund. May not have enough of that chromium to hurt ya, might be worth a try.

Ahh...DeLarla..the one that Penni posted is different than the one I am talking about..The Utrition one I just got yesterday did not list Chromium in the ingredient list. It does, however list some ginseng.

I posted the ingredient list below Penni's ingredient list..kinda looks the same.

I looked at the one Penni was using..the Nature's Plus, but when I compared labels when I came across the Utrition one..I liked the ingredients and amounts better.

The Utrition one is an orange/pineapple flavor..not green as been described..it is orange color..tastes a bit tart at first, then a sweet taste..nothing nasty about it! I keep it in the fridge and have in the mornng with my Breakfast.

Patty

I went and purchased this Vitamin. It is GREAT. Thanks so much for the information. There is definately no after taste and I did find that I had some energy. I had really been suffering with this energy thing. I found that around 2:00 PM I was drained. Yesterday after I ate something I drank some of the vitamin and I ended up with some REAL energy. Can you take more than one dose daily? I could really use that pick me up twice a day with my schedule.

Hi new bandster! Which Vitamin did you get? The Nature's Plus or the Utrition one? I don'tthink you should use it as an energy supplement..it is Vitamins afterall..you may not want to get too much of any of the vitamins..but that is up to you.

I have only been taking the Utrition for two days..I haven't noticed much of a change in energy, but I am also catching up on a week's worth of lost sleep due to sudden reflux from a tight fill. The last two nights I am finally sleeping with no reflux.

we'll see how it goes!

Patty

Thanks, Patty. Maybe I'll buy both and take 1/2 of each dose and see if hair grows out of my ears! Good info, I think I will buy both to try each one. If I don't like it, I'll give it to Penni.

I wouldn't take it more than recommended. You would be getting double dosage and some of the Vitamins that would be OK but there are other good things in there that you shouldn't double up on.

Yeah Lisa if you don't like the Nature's Plus (Green liquid) one then send it my way. I love that stuff.