Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That's great!! Are you telling people ? What are you doing ahead of time (preop)? I have a friend that had Dr Hung.

I'm only telling close friends/ family that I feel comfortable sharing this info with. I started my pre-op diet yesterday and I have to do Protein Shake for Breakfast, lunch, and a small meal with Protein and green veggie for supper. My mil had Dr. Hung and loved him, so it was an easy choice. :)

I am going with Dr Forse- I work in the medical profession and there are too many people that I sort of know in Dr Hungs office - I just didn't feel like I would be comfortable -

How long will you be off work? I will be off 6 weeks !! That's kinda my choice, but I run a office and am on the go with not much breaks- I wanted to be comfortable and know what foods I tolerate for quick breaks and so forth-

I am going with Dr Forse- I work in the medical profession and there are too many people that I sort of know in Dr Hungs office - I just didn't feel like I would be comfortable - How long will you be off work? I will be off 6 weeks !! That's kinda my choice, but I run a office and am on the go with not much breaks- I wanted to be comfortable and know what foods I tolerate for quick breaks and so forth-

Where is Dr. Forse or what hospital is he out of? I've heard about him too. I only work part time so I'm taking 2 weeks off and then for the first two weeks I'm back I'm going to work short shifts only like a few hours. Six weeks will be great though!

Also- had your MIL had great success ?? Did she have sleeve?

She did at first but then she stopped getting fills and has gained some back. That is why I for sure did not want the lap band. I don't want to do the upkeep.

Dr. Forse is at Bryan West, he also has a practice at Creighton in Omaha! He is great! From what I understand Forse, Hung and Teducci (sp) will be working together in the near future. I am not sure on what level, but they will be combining the two bariatric programs to an extent.

Dr Forse works out of Bryan West- he claims he is the new Old guy- he's taught bariatrics at Stanford , wrote tons of journals on it that has been published-

I had actually been thinking of going to Dr Seip in North Platte- great program there- then I heard about Dr Forse-- I just figured I'd be more successful having a local Dr-- their total staff has been outstanding-

He has support groups on the 2nd Tuesday each month at Lifepoint .

Hello! I'm having the sleeve done by dr.hung really nervous waiting to get cleared by me insurance I'd love to be apart of this group

I'm also having problems because I have two boys and someday I hope to have one more kid. My mom is scared and doesn't want me to get the sleeve she wants me to get the lap band because it reversible but I've read that so many people have had tons of complications, she's also afraid I won't be able to have more kids or gaining weight while pregnant and not losing it.

I see Dr Taddeucci. I had the band back in June 201. and lost about 70lbs in one year before my first slipped band. He went in and unbuckled my band and I gain 20lbs from Oct 2012-Jan2013. He repositioned it in Jan 2013 and lost the 20lbs. Things where going good then in May of 2013 the pouch was prolapse but he didnt think it slipped. He took out some Fluid to see if it would correct itself. In August 2013 I went back in the xray showed nothing changed so he deflated my band by taking all the Fluid out and said come back in a couple months. Oct 2013 I went in and the xray showed it definitely had slipped again. So, another surgery for me. I went in Jan 13, 2014 and had my band out and revised to the sleeve. I gained the 20lbs back between Oct and Jan again. Now just 3 months post-op, I've finally lost that 20lbs and counting!

If I could do it all over again, I would have had the sleeve to begin with. I feel great and still eat what I want but only a lot less. With the band, the chances of it slipping and having another surgery is high. Keep reading these forums. There are a lot of people that had the sleeve and got had babies with no problem. Just remember WLS is a tool, you still have to work to lose the weight.

Thank you and that's what I've been trying to explain to my mom you have to eat the right way and exercise it's not just going to come off. I appreciate you telling me your experience!

I'm just for the sleeve- it is rare that a band lasts 10 years- I want my sleeve because it's a forever choice. If I'm going to have repeated surgeries down the road-- my extra money on going from band to sleeve will be spent on a tummy tick;)

You can be pregnant and have a sleeve--

Everyone has their choice to learn about and know what is best for them-

Do what YOU want-

Just like naming your baby- if you tell people ahead of time what the name is- you get comments- like people think you need their approval- once the kids named - they don't give their opinion- right now your mom might think you are asking opinion - when it's support for your decision -

Yes that is all I want is just support from her, but this is something I really want to do not only for myself but for my boys.