Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Haven't gotten the Gastric Sleeve surgery yet, I'm waiting on the approval... If I get denied I don't know what I'll do! :( Did anyone do a payment plan? How long where you down and how much weight did you loose within the first month? When did you go back to work or school?

what r your specifics./

weight , height??

recovery is quick. within days your up and around.. u would probably need 2-3 weeks off.

no.. i mean i was fine after a few days.. your more tired than anything cause of low calorie intake. You must be borderline BM! approval then.. 5'3 200lbs isnt awful off the charts. I can understand you being on the fence. I would try and just lose it on your own if you dont get approved in place of paying big bucks to have it done. Your bmi is 35.4,, Your right on the edge. How old r u? reminder it is a lifestyle change and the surgeon gives you a tool to fix it. so you look so young i bet you can JUST DO IT> No Pun intended. I support you either way and i know many others on here would feel the same.. we r behind u

Chris

I'm 19 that is what my home scale says though I go to the doctor tomorrow and I'm for the first time going to look at my weight to know exactly what I weigh. Everyone tells me that, I just feel like I can't and I've tried which I know makes me sound like I'm giving up or lazy... I just don't know what else to do.

Your in hospital 2-3 days provided no complications. You will be walking the same day after surgery and you need to walk a lot to get the gas out .. That is where the discomfort comes in .. You are in no real pain other than the excess gas which the only way to get rid of is walking. Then from there is is just a day at a time. No I dont blame you for wanting the surgery and it is certainly not the LAZY way out!! No way. it takes work no matter what ..

Chris

Dont listen to what " OTHERS SAY" Its your life. You want to be happy.. I get it. At 19 you have your whole life in front of you. At 5'3 you should probably want to get to 125-140 lbs,, Thats definately obtainable in a year's time max. What I am saying with the sleeve like any of the surgeries you still need to do it. Follow the plan. Be aware there are plateaus. Be aware you have to work out etc etc.... Its not magic. I lost 200lbs in 10 months ,, Im done losing and it is amazing. A new life even though im 45 . I was only heavy for like 5 years. I gained a ton when my dad died. Now im back to normal.. At your age i dont blame you for wanting it done. With all the pressure from other young adults to look good etc etc. I get it! i really do

Add me as a friend and whatever you need send me a message. Im on here almost every night late like this casue i work the overnight shift. Where r u from >?

Chris

The should with your BMI and ASTMA..

People are mean, I just know I can do all of this once I start loosening weight I KNOW that I will want to workout, I KNOW I can be capable of the things I really want to do. My whole life revolves around my weight, I am a passenger to my weight I have NO control any more! It's always held me back and I'm BEYOND sick of it!!! My mom had always been skinny and doesn't understand if I'm that unhappy with myself why I can't go diet and workout, and truthfully I don't know either... But I've tried and nothing I even went to the extent in getting my thyroids checked out. I just feel like this is my last option before I do some crazy cleanse or diet!

OK .. I have a home in Texas as well as in Boston.. Its a retirement home on Lake Livingston...

Its your Life do what will make u happy.. yes people can be mean and heavy people are discriminated against terribly.. Its amazing now how I have noticed it now that i am thin

Chris