Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

encouragement please!!

aaggghhhhh!

My banding is tomorrow 9:15 am, the doc has had me on Clear liquids for two days, and everything is looking like food. Does it get better? I have tomorrow after surgery and wed, thurs to be on Clear Liquids still. I am so hungry, I never knew what hunger pains were until now. Any suggestions....

Pat

squale, i wholeheartedly agree. if you pick up protien shakes it will HELP WITH THE HUNGER BIGTIME. slimfast extra protien, adkins advantage, any of them. Isopure rocks but you gotta get those at a GNC. sleep if you have to to get through the worse if it just wont go away.

I found butterball chicken broth, when i closed my eyes, sorta tastes like KFC, if you have a great imagination. You will get through this, and once you do it will suprise you how easilly it was in hindsight!

get you some protien shakes and it will help seriously! (plus they will be good to have on hand if you need a day or two on them after your banding)

GOOD LUCK!!!

Hi Pat, Protein shakes are your friend right now. Congrats on getting banded.

Yes, Protein is great but be sure you can drink it after your surgery. I was on clear liquids for a week after surgery and the only clear protein was Isopure, which I ordered on the Internet. It's delicious and I still have it every day--now with milk since I'm on full liquids.

Maybe it's just me, but Isopure has a vile aftertaste to it. hahaha. Naturally, though, I stocked up on them pre-op, so I have quite a few left. Bottoms up! lol.

Maybe it's just me, but Isopure has a vile aftertaste to it. hahaha. Naturally, though, I stocked up on them pre-op, so I have quite a few left. Bottoms up! lol.

Hmmm. I use the powdered Isopure Protein powder--sometimes with Water when I have to be on clear liquids (least favorite way) and other times with milk--I like it that way. Sometimes I add a banana to my Bullet or fresh strawberries or sugar free, fat free ice cream--tastes like a vanilla or chocolate malt to me. Since you said you stocked up "on them," I'm thinking you have a different Isopure product. Well, to each his own! Find something that works and stick with it. Karen

Those few days before surgery was when I really had my second thoughts. I was so hungry and grumpy. It was horrible. I don't know how y'all do it when you have the pre-op diet that goes for weeks. My attitude changed right after the surgery, and I am so happy that I made the right decision!

Good Luck!

Virginia