Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Baby Food??

I love to cook!!!! But there have been times that I couldn't eat what I cooked.

I got the Magic Bullet and love it. I blend campbell's Soups and they are great. Get the ones that say "Healty Choice" (or something like that). They are higher priced, but one can should be 2 meals. I also tried the "Taco Soup" on the liquid stage thread, YUMMY!!!!!!

OK, MY QUESTION IS THIS, WHEN ON THE liquid diet POST OP CAN YOU HAVE THE CREAMY STUFF, LIKE smoothies OR CREAMY Soups, OR IS IT JUST CLEAR STUFF?????:help:

It depends on if you are on full liquids or Clear Liquids. Clears usually come first and if you can't see through it, you shouldn't have it as a general rule.

Full liquids... anything that goes through a straw you can have.

anything that goes through a straw you can have.

*pondering how to get a steak through a straw* :heh:

LOL NVGirl!

I went to that fit something place, where you keep a daily food journal someone posted. Thought it sounded clever.. So I create a user name.. and I have a generic one I use for all kinds of stuff.. and it says.. someone already has that name. I think, WHO would have MY unique name?! (it's not the name I use here).. so I try to log in with it, and DOH it was me. I don't remember this thing. I looked at my info on it, and kind of heavy sighed. It was when I was doing Atkins and was 240lbs. My goal was 210lbs by March 2004. Guess I missed that.. :think

Can someone break down EXACTLY how much we are to take in for both the liquid and the mushy stages. How much Protein? Carbs? Calories? Water? etc

What did your doc tell you to eat? You should have received a detailed diet and instructions. But sometimes they just give daily quantities.

We would need to know what the daily quantities are before we could break it down for you since each doc is different.

Every once in a long while I do the meat baby foods like the beef, chix & turkey. I heat it up in the micro, add salt and pepper and it is good:hungry: I have to be in the mood for it tho. I have eaten them for lunch, I try not let the co-workers see me eating out the jar:rolleyes :nervous

lol Paula..

My quote is

'My idea of housework is sweeping the room with a glance'

Since this has been bumped, figured I should update.

Now post-op, and eating baby foods.

I found the following good.. not just tolerable, but I likey them..

Baby 1st foods (so its like mooshy water)-

Green Beans

Butternut Squash

Sweet Potato

banana Baby food (of course..)

All of these came in square rubbermaid kind of packs, so you can seal them back up. I could only eat a couple bites of each at first before getting full. I think my swelling has gone down because I can eat a whole cube now ;)