Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Susan's Solemn Silliness

haha, Doddie... that's great! (what you said to the Dr.)

Was anyone else ever nervous while watching the little snippets on the news about obesity, when they show the fat people walking around malls and on the street, from the head down?! AHHHH! Can you imagine recognizing yourself on one of those!! :faint:

Good for you Doddie!!! Well done!! Rates up there with what CanMacdaddy's wife said to the blonde bimbo!!! LOL.

On that note...Mr Yoda chatted with his GP today and told him what he was doing. The Doc was completely supportive and even wanted the TLBC phamplet we brought to show him so he could pass it around to his other patients who might be interested (he didn't know much about lapband but we filled him in).....he was quite pleased and told Mr Yoda that he was impressed with his attitude and his proactive behaviour etc etc. He also is going to provide a letter (ie. stating that he is, in fact obese and the surgery would improve his health etc) so that we can claim part on our private health care plan (we will get about 1500-1800 back).

So, at least this is an example of a positive experience with a GP....wish there were more!

more. I just looked at him :rolleyes: and said "pot calling kettle black ain't it" got up and left his office never to return. Doddie

kelso_burn.gif

Sorry, could'nt pass this one up.

Andrwe

Sassy come back doddie I like it! :rolleyes:

Gaffer too funny. Love the Burn.

Like Mr. Yoda I found my Dr. was supportive of my decision. She wanted to know more because her knowledge of the procedure was limited but we talked and she knew that I had already tried loosing weight and my results, so she was happy if I was happy is the msg I got from her.

It is funny because the last time I was in her office (which is shared with 4 other Dr.s) there was a new brochure on the office desk about TLBC. so I guess they have some other patients that are getting this surgery done.

My doctor was very supportive as well. I will be her first with the band and she has asked me to keep in touch so that she knows how I am doing. I will bring her some brochures the next time I See her.

Susan

So last night I was telling DH how fat I felt, how I was ashamed to see anyone who I haven't see for a while because of all this weight I regained. His parents are coming back from a trip tomorrow and he is going to pick them up at the airport (His Dad is in a wheelchair).

So I said - "I feel so fat that I am not going to the airport with you to pick up your parents". Then he said "You won't fit anyways". :faint:

He of course meant because of the wheel chair, luggage etc. I cracked up! He was mortified! :embarassed: We had a good laugh over it but I will NEVER let him live it down!!! :heh:

Susan

Well it took only 15 mins into the dinner of 14 people before Plastic Barbie 1 says very loud to me but for all to hear...."wow it looks like you finally lost some weight"..."how much and are is it because you are ill". Well of course everyone went silent cuz they were waiting for my verbal retort. I was gonna say "Portion Control" but my meek wife (1 glass of wine gone already) spoke up and said "its cuz we found new position for sex and we haven't been out of the bedroom in 2 weeks!" BOOM....I was floored...then she said..."maybe you and your hubby should try something different as the same old missionary style once a month doesn't seem to be working for your bitchy attitude".

OMG that is the best and the funniest reply I've ever heard! Bravo to you and your wife! :clap2: Don't ya just love it when folks turn into to targets...

DollyRose

It is the begnning of the end of this beinge for me. I start my pre-op on Monday so this is my "dirty" weekend.

Gee.....how much more damage can I actually do to myself?

Okay last day. Up at 5 am this morning with dog, but I am not yet able to go back to sleep. I am nervous but excited to start my early pre op. I feel like I am doing the right thing and I am one step closer to my band.

Good morning/afternoon (depending what time zone you are in)

You are the early bird Susan!! -=winks=- I am sure it is nerve racking at this point, but it is going to be so worth it... I wish I was going when you are!! I am sooooo ready for this!!

How early are you at starting your pre-op? Just a few days right? I start mine on the 16th of May. You are doing cottage cheese and yogurt aren't you?

I have to go and collect my package from Dr. Cobourn today and see what they have sent in the way of pre-op info. -=smiles=- kinda like Christmas!! I got a prezzie...lol

Anyway just wanted to say Way to go!! You can do it!! and I think everyone is :clap2: cheering:clap2: for you!

Yup - yogurt, cottage cheese, egg white and SF Jello. Went shopping today to pick that all up. It was so funny because I might buy a 12 pack of yogurt that would last 2 weeks and here I was buying 2 -12 packs for the week (along with 3 tubs of cottage cheese)

Tonight I am making a standing rib roast for my last meal. My daughter is back home and we are having friends for dinner. I hope it is memorable!

Susan

Today is Day 1 of my pre-op diet. I am ready for this. I managed to gain another 3 lbs, but I expected that. I hope that starting the diet early will make up for my weight gain during this time.

So far this morning I had a single serving yougurt and coffee. I am not even sure what to take for lunch so I thought I would take a tub of cottage cheese to stash in the fridge along with another yogurt and a serving of SF Jello. It is hard to gauge how hungry I will be. I will take my glucometer with me because my blood sugars will be very unpredictable. Another reason for doing this early so that I can have them in normal range consistently before THE BIG DAY!!!

THE BIG DAY - not long now. Can't wait to join the banded in this quest/challenge/journey.

Update: DH took my before pics and they are not pretty. I find it so interesting how I can look at myself in the mirror to get dressed and not see myself. They were especially difficult to look at - and I really LOOKED - becauseI am wearing underwear that I wore 30 lbs ago! I am too stubborn to buy bigger clothes because I got rid of all my larger clothes last time. I will this time as well, but I am more positive that I will not EVER need them again.

Right on susan!!

I bet you are feeling really good today!! Getting started is so exciting! I keep looking at clothes and thinking " hmmmm not long for you now!" Some I will miss but others I will be so glad to see gone from my closet..lol which will be really empty for a while!

I hear you big time with the looking in the mirror thing. I also don't really see the true picture and at times I feel like I look pretty damn good for 52 and slightly overweight...lol what a shock to hear someone say.... "morbidly obese...................." wow that couldn't be me could it??? Oh yeah!! it is, big time! As my mom used to say, "take off the rose colored glasses, little girl" -=sighes=- I took them off and I didn't like what I saw. NO WAY!

One thing I am going to do to help keep me motivated is go to a really nice shop and buy a sexy bra and panty set. I have done this before and it works for me. I hang it up in my bathroom or in my walkin closet, but it works better in the bathroom as I am in there more... lol anyway it reminds me daily of what I am aiming for. I don't buy it too small about two sizes down at a time that way it is not a year till I can fit it. Just a thought, you could try. -=winks=- You will need new ones anyway might as well make it fun!!

How much do you get to eat on your pre-op? I just picked up my package yesterday with all my info and optifast... wow, it is kinda like Christmas!

Hi Leslielee. I can eat as much as I want of SF 0 or low fat yogurt, cottage cheese, SF Jello, Skim Milk, Egg whites.

Are you allowed any food with Optifast?

I love the idea of bra and panty set! I am going to do that and hang it up in our bedroom. Dh said he would pay for my Breast lift and Tummy Tuck when I get to goal IF...his stocks do well. Maybe that will give him incentive too!!! LOL.