Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is on the 19 of march I'm on my pre op diet for 4 days now just Protein Shakes and Soup its so hard for me so much that i wanted to cancel my surgery today ???? (i didn't) its hard I'm a emotional eater and i been through so much this past year food was my comfort and now getting used to not eating is hard i have a 1 year old and feeding him is also hard im hoping ill get used to it reading all theese stories helped alot wish me luck even though i want to give up i wont loosing wight is one of my biggest goals

It is hard....very hard...especially in the beginning....just hang in there and remember why you chose to do this in the first place.....I'm gonna guess that amazing 1 year old is one very important reason....I understand that 'cause I have 2 little ones also!

I went through the liquid diet pre-op and post op and it was sooo hard....but you will be that much more proud of yourself when you get through it and look back and say "look what I REALLY did"....you can do this....just hang in there...dont give up on your choice to have WLS...and most importantly...dont give up on yourself!

Just take it one day at a time! YOU CAN AND WILL GET THROUGH IT!

Good luck and come back whenever you need to vent or for support. There are some great people on here who will support you!

Thank you very much for your words very helpful :)

Hang in there Nat123! Are you drinking shakes that you actually like? There are a lot of different kinds. I prefer Premier Protein. I add coffee to the vanilla, or sugar free Jello powder (like orange) to make a 50/50 bar tasting one. Do you have a blender to add ice and make it like a real shake? MagicBullet works really nice. Soup is good, but make sure you are getting your Protein (add unflavored protein powder) and avoid the additional sugar. Also try greek yogurt blended with fruit, ice and Water if you want a change from the protein mixes. I know it is super hard, but you have already made it 4 days! Mental hunger is the worst! Keep your spirits up, and try to find other things to do when that mental hunger creeps into your brain. For me, I end up cleaning. It accomplishes two things - keeps me busy, and cleans the house! I wish you well!

- K

Great ideas will try them out thanks :)

You can do this! Just keep reminding yourself why you wanted to have the surgery in the first place, and also remember this is only temporary. Before you know it you'll have your band, and you'll be so happy you fought through!

You've got this! Wishing you all the best!

My surgery is on the 19 of march I'm on my pre op diet for 4 days now just Protein Shakes and Soup its so hard for me so much that i wanted to cancel my surgery today ???? (i didn't) its hard I'm a emotional eater and i been through so much this past year food was my comfort and now getting used to not eating is hard i have a 1 year old and feeding him is also hard im hoping ill get used to it reading all theese stories helped alot wish me luck even though i want to give up i wont loosing wight is one of my biggest goals

I'm in the same boat with you. Only you are a little closer to surgery date than I am. My surgery is 3/26. I'm beginning day three of 3 Protein shakes/water a day. I also have a one year old that I have to cook for and feed daily. And for the cake topper- I work nightshift- which makes it so hard to balance out when to drink the shakes. I don't really have any words of encouragement, because I'm pretty well miserable. I just replied to say that you are not alone!!!

I am now 10 days in on the liquid diet and its much easier then it used to be im not hungry anymore as i used to be i feel i a little better i still get mental hunger but im getting though it and i need 5 days to surgery so hang in there dont give up its hard but no pian no game ! ;)

I am on day 9 of 14. I have 3 Protein Shakes per day and 250 calories of low glycemic veggies. I haven't seen a lot of pre op diets like mine. I'm in Canada and not sure if it's done a bit different here. Day 3 I was in tears and ready to call it all off. I had great support from my husband and the clinic. I stuck with it and it is so much better now. I'm down 21 lbs too! Surgery is on Friday so I'm in the home stretch. But you are not alone. I'm proud to say I haven't cheated once. Makes me feel line I can do this!!