Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Were is all my Chattanoogians at?

I don't know if it is bad for the metabolism to eat at night, unless you are eating and going right to bed. I am concerned about the fact that I am eating less, but I gained 2 pounds instead of losing. I don't eat much at night, instead lunch is my biggest meal. I bought some cottage cheese just in case it is my lack of Protein causing both the Hair loss and the weight gain. I am running out of ideas as to what to eat. It is tough since I am not used to restriction, so I don't know what is going to go down with no problems. I am tired of fish.

I have been using an exercise bike. I have also started walking the stairs at work. I am not noticing any extra muscle to account for the extra weight, so I don't know what to think. I guess I am going to have to put my ex-best friend (the scale) up for a while. I am still noticing my clothes getting looser so I guess I need to get over myself.

Is Dr Ponce in chatt. doing fils on Wed? I called to get a fill and she told me I needed to see the doctor as I am 9 months after surgery and she gave me a date and after hanging up I looked and it is on a wed, they told me I would see Dr Ponce and Brook will do the fill. Back when they did the pre-op I was told Tues and Thurs was the only day they do fills. Anybody else have fills on a Wed. All 4 of mine have been on Tues or Wed. Will call monday but thought someone on here might know.

My first few fills were on Wednesday afternoons. I know that they won't do them on Wednesday mornings because they have the preop class.

I have had fills on Wednesdays before, and unfills as well. I think they are mostly doing followups on Tuesdays and Thursdays now. But I haven't seen my doctor since surgery. I always see Brooke or Jennifer. I actually prefer Brooke to do my fills because the doctors put too much in.

slim, are you weighing everyday? Don't do that! Only weigh once a week. That will give you a better picture of how much you are losing because weight shifts so much from one day till the next.

I had actually stopped weighing everyday. Then after this last fill, I started back again. It has really been discouraging. I am going to stop again. Of course, it is like smoking cigarettes, it is hard to stop.

I too like brooke, all my fills but 1 was done by her. What was your surgery date mine was june 08 and I really dont know why she said I need to see the doctor I am doing fine. But I will see whoever they want me to for a fill it has been almost 4 months and I have slowed down on my weight loss.

It's because they like you to follow up with the doctor every 3 months during the first year. I have to go back on Monday to have my 6 month follow up.

Dr. Ponce has done 3 of my 5 fills. He did this last one. At this point, I don't really have a preference because I haven't had any trouble. This is the first fill where I have some real restriction so the jury is still out.

My surgery was may 2008. They want you to have followups every 3 months during the first year, and if you don't, they won't give you a fill untill you have one.

Hi All, I need some help and advice. I got my 3rd fill on Thursday. I felt fine when I left but I am having trouble now. I am having a hard time keeping anything down. I try to drink sips and go slow. I also am just eating mushie foods. It seems like everything is getting stuck even Water. I am constantly burping or wanting to throw up or actually throwing up. I also have that stuck feeling in my throat.

My question is: is my fill too tight or do I just need to be very conservative for a few days and let the swelling go down and the pouch relax?

I am very uncomfortable but not real painfull. I can get some fluids down but not nearly my 64 oz. i am able to eat about 1/4 cup or so of cream of wheat.

Should I call Monday and get a unfil?

I would not suffer through. The longer you wait, the more irritated your stomach will be. The more irritated, the more swollen you are going to be. I would call and have some removed if you are not better by Monday. I would also stick to warm liquids since they will help relax your stoma to allow things through. I hope you feel better soon

Thanks, I called the Dr and he said that I should have some taken out. I went in and had some removed and now feel great. First time experiencing something like that. I know that I could have waited until Monday, but I didnt want to take the chance. Dr said I might need another fill before my nxt visit and to just call to arrange a fill. I am glad that I went in.