Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Were is all my Chattanoogians at?

Ok punkster, are you up very early or did you stay up very late?

i have insomnia but last night i went to sleep for a couple of hours then was awake for about three. feeling awful today.:)

i have insomnia but last night i went to sleep for a couple of hours then was awake for about three. feeling awful today.:)

I hope you feel better soon. Is it just the lack of sleep or are you in pain too?

I agree with Carrie. Have that sucker taken out. The surgery was much easier (to me) than the band surgery (and the band surgery was a breeze to me). I was up and at 'em within a few days. I had the same number of incisions plus one in the belly button.

Hey Ya'll, If this had happened a couple weeks earlier, that would probably be what I would do, but since I really really need to go back to work week after next, I just can't see it. I am trying to do some wholistic things in an effort to help my gal bladder. I am trying to cut our chicken, Beans, a lot of fat, beef, cabbage, nuts, wheat and chocolate. Those things contribute to gall bladder attacks. I am eating beets, zucchini, avocado, tomatoes, greens, flax seed oil, cold Water fish and loads of berries , drinking my Water, all in an effort to eat the things that are supposed to enhance gall bladder health. So far I have not had any problem and in fact have even had very little gas since Monday night. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I will try a gall bladder flush after making dietary changes for a few weeks. I get into wholistic medicine a bit and I only hope this works. At any rate it is not going to hurt me, it is very healthy, so if it works great, if not, I will probably just have the darn surgery and loose more time from work.:)

Punkster, I know how insomnia feels. Do you ever go in chat on here? I go pretty often and lots of time in early morning you catch some interesting Aussies in there as they are just getting off work.

Thanks all for the support.

Corliss

I hope the diets helps you. I had my gall bladder out only to find out that wasn't what was causing all of my problems. I later found out that I have IBS (or so they say). I have found that IBS just really means that they can't figure out anything else that is wrong, so lets call it IBS! I will admit that I don't have as many problems now that I have changed my diet. There are still some foods that trigger issues for me, but they don't cause trouble nearly as much as they used to.

I hope the diets helps you. I had my gall bladder out only to find out that wasn't what was causing all of my problems. I later found out that I have IBS (or so they say). I have found that IBS just really means that they can't figure out anything else that is wrong, so lets call it IBS! I will admit that I don't have as many problems now that I have changed my diet. There are still some foods that trigger issues for me, but they don't cause trouble nearly as much as they used to.

Hey Slim what are the foods that cause issues for you? I had been on a real crazy eating roll and I had not binged as I do feel some restriction from my unfilled band, but I had eaten 4 pieces of toast during the day and I wonder if I could have had a reaction to the wheat. I have pretty much avoided wheat with minor exceptions since then and no problems. I am also avoiding the other foods I mentioned but cannot bring myself to give up coffee.< /p>

Thanks,

Corliss

For me it was either eating a lot of carbs in a very short period of time or eating something with extremely high fat content. I used to use regular heavy cream in my coffee and it would have me doubled over in pain within a few minutes of drinking and fried things would make me want to fold over from the pain (french fries covered in cheese).

For me it was either eating a lot of carbs in a very short period of time or eating something with extremely high fat content. I used to use regular heavy cream in my coffee and it would have me doubled over in pain within a few minutes of drinking and fried things would make me want to fold over from the pain (french fries covered in cheese).

wow I have had probs with all but the coffee, but never like Monday. Thanks, sounds like some similiarities. I would not discount the IBS, but in my galbladder research I found that a lot of people have symptoms even after surgery.

Thanks,

Corliss

Is this going to be the exploratory surgery?

Yes, it is. I am having it August 10. I really dread it. I am not going to have the Fluid taken out of my band unless they make me. I would hate to have to go back in and have it all readded. The way I swell after a fill, it would take forever to get it all back in.

in my galbladder research I found that a lot of people have symptoms even after surgery./QUOTE]

Yes, that is true. I had mine out in 2005 and I still had problems for a long time. I had like a squeezing feeling where my gallbladder used to be. That went on for a long time.

I also have insomnia. I take Lunesta sometimes and it helps, but it is so expensive I can rarely afford to buy it. We used to get samples where I work, but we haven't gotten any in a long time.

Corliss I know what you mean about missing work. I have been out so much lately I'm surprised I still have a job. Lucky for me, my bosses are pretty understanding. I was in the ER again today. This time for vertigo. I have been dizzy and had a headache since Tuesday. I didn't know what was going on. They did a CAT scan and it was normal. They said I have benign positional vertigo. It is awful.

I hope you feel better soon. Is it just the lack of sleep or are you in pain too?

both. i take medicine for my sleep. i was told that it would get better as i lost weight but i have lost 80 lbs. with no change.:) oh well.

my husband used to have gallbladder problems and his was caused by fatty foods. he got rid of his too. no symptoms after surgery.

Edited by punkster

Corliss I know what you mean about missing work. I have been out so much lately I'm surprised I still have a job. Lucky for me, my bosses are pretty understanding. I was in the ER again today. This time for vertigo. I have been dizzy and had a headache since Tuesday. I didn't know what was going on. They did a CAT scan and it was normal. They said I have benign positional vertigo. It is awful.

I really hope you start feeling better. well wishes your way.

Ok punkster, I see that you are still up. I really hate that you are having trouble sleeping. I went through that a few times after changing working hours.

wow I have had probs with all but the coffee, but never like Monday. Thanks, sounds like some similiarities. I would not discount the IBS, but in my galbladder research I found that a lot of people have symptoms even after surgery.

Thanks,

Corliss

I had never heard about continuing to have trouble after gall bladder removal. That could explain a lot. I didn't start getting relief until about 2 years after it was gone. It has been gone now for about 5 years and now I only occassionally get any type of symptoms.